• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only the best

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • What are some of your favorite prompts that you've either read or used? Are there any that you're saving for a rainy day when you can't think of anything else to use? Where do you say you find most of your prompts at and what makes you choose the ones that you do use?

Bay

Years
  • Back when Livejournal/Dreamwidth were places to post fic, there would be several fic communities and kink memes that offer a nice variety of prompts. Some offer just one word prompts while others give a bit more of a plot bunny. There's also gift exchanges where I get prompts from someone else and I write one of them as a gift to them.

If I have to choose which one of my favorite prompt is, probably the "villain" prompt that inspired New Paths because I got the chance to explore a bit on some vague stuff that happened in the games that wasn't fully fleshed out.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I venture on to r/writingprompts around once a week and scroll the a dozen or so pages looking for any interesting prompts I can find to spur on a bit of creation. A few of my favorites which I've either got something in the works for or just want to muse on later, are one where the strength of a hero's powers are defined by their popularity and the villains of the world are defined by their deeds and the hatred bared towards them. Another is one about a government which forces its people to buy words in order to use them, which has spurred on the development of a city I'm going to use in a novel sometime down the line. And finally, there's this one https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPro..._the_future_everyone_can_choose_how_they_die/ which I just recently used for a short story.

Back