• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What ROM do you hack?

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Does it really have "all the cool toys"? I'd say Emerald outclasses Fire Red in terms of features(both in-game and community-made).

I dunno, it just seems like whenever I stumble across a thread that has a cool feature, it's for FR only. I'm thinking this and the B/W Repel system, mostly, but there are probably other things as well.

Then again, since I'm still new to this and still picking up things, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. :p

In terms of in-game features, though, yeah, it's got a one-up over FR.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Right now I'm working with Emerald.
    I really like the base tiles and music. The only downside is that there isn't as much support for it as FireRed.

Years
  • The only downside is that there isn't as much support for it as FireRed.

I'm thinking this and the B/W Repel system, mostly, but there are probably other things as well.

Then again, since I'm still new to this and still picking up things, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. :p

In terms of in-game features, though, yeah, it's got a one-up over FR.

well i think there are more like.... hidden abilities...(Well I dont think if this feature is available in emerlad!!!
    and also the community rom hack will give rise to so many amazing features in FR Rom (I think it will probably happen) :D

Triggered.
    But alright, I see where you're coming from.
    Hidden abilities are being done by KDS and he's mostly finished.
    I can do B/W Repel and HM Check. If there are other features that are not available in Emerald, tell me and I'll try to make them.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hack FireRed purely out of preference and experience, really mean to dabble in Emerald but time and motivation would be required for that.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Triggered.
    But alright, I see where you're coming from.
    Hidden abilities are being done by KDS and he's mostly finished.
    I can do B/W Repel and HM Check. If there are other features that are not available in Emerald, tell me and I'll try to make them.

B/W Repel and HM check would be cool.

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Only ever tried to hack fire red and a virtual boy game (anyone have tools for that I only found one bad one) called Innsmouth no Yakata which is actually fun.

U-Hacks

A Hacker
    Years
  • I am hacking of emerald for some of this reasons:

In emerald there are animated sprites.
    In emerald there is more pokemons.
    In emerald there are pokenavs.

But If you like Fire Red then you can hack fire red.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I hack FireRed because it's what I'm most familiar with and I have more versatility with it. The only thing from Emerald that I want in FireRed is the overworld style, which I vastly prefer to FireRed's, and that's easily fixable by importing sprites and using them as bases. Most people also make tutorials with FireRed in mind on the first go. Emerald is something that people have to add in usually. Animated sprites don't really interest me (I personally prefer static sprites as they look better), I never even use the Battle Frontier so lol who cares, same with contests, and I like having all the extra space so I can repoint stuff without it getting too cluttered. Emerald lacks that space and I don't like expanding because I highly prefer using LIPS for patching, so FireRed almost always wins out for me.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • For now Gold, but Red/Yellow is more classicial so maybe i hack that too

Back