• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rugrats remake being discussed

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • While venturing about bored and aimlessly... I discovered something that is worth sharing. There's talk about there being a remake for the Rugrats that I'm sure a lot of us grew up with.

In October 2016, a Nickelodeon VP stated that Rugrats was one of many fan-favorite franchises being considered for a revival. Nickelodeon is going to look at the rich library they have, and not just Rugrats," Sammaciccia said, in response to a fan question "All of them are being considered."

source

What do you guys think of this? Do you think it can be done? Or do you think it should be left alone? Your thoughts please~

In my opinion, I'd really like to see more coverage. Like, I'd want to hear more of their ideas before I feel like it can be done first. I also hope they don't get new voice actors either. Not like they did with the powerpuff girls reboot (I'm not trying to be mean on the new ones... it's just... not easy for me).

Years
  • Seriously, what is up with all these reboots of classic cartoons lately? People hate them with a passion, as shown with Teen Titans Go!, The Powerpuff Girls (2016) and even the upcoming Ben 10 (2016) because they say it's nothing but a cash grab and ruined childhoods.

Rugrats was a great series for its time, but a reboot will likely mean a revamp for the entire voice cast and if the VA replacements for Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup in the aforementioned PPG (2016) is an indication, it won't be well received.

Back