• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Breeding a Gooey Goomy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2017
    Hello Ladies and Gents

I have been trying for the past 3 days to breed a Gooey Goodra but have not been able to

I have a 6IV Shiny Gooey Female Goodra Everstone which I initially bred with a 6IV Ditto Destiny Knot but did not get a single Gooey Goomy after 36 eggs

I then tried a with a normal male Goomy Destiny Knot and tried again but no Gooey Goomy in 36 eggs

Is there something I am doing wrong? I am thinking this is a Glitch as I have been able to breed Hidden Abilities with ease in the past

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    you're probably having extremely bad luck

Years
  • Hello Ladies and Gents

I have been trying for the past 3 days to breed a Gooey Goodra but have not been able to

I have a 6IV Shiny Gooey Female Goodra Everstone which I initially bred with a 6IV Ditto Destiny Knot but did not get a single Gooey Goomy after 36 eggs

I then tried a with a normal male Goomy Destiny Knot and tried again but no Gooey Goomy in 36 eggs

Is there something I am doing wrong? I am thinking this is a Glitch as I have been able to breed Hidden Abilities with ease in the past

where did u get your HA goodras from? they could be hacked.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • where did u get your HA goodras from? they could be hacked.

even if they're hacked it doesn't affect the offspring, which would be perfectly legit (if they have legit components, ex. love ball goomy in ORAS can produce "legit" offspring by breeding but they're still considered illegal because of the love ball)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Ditto reduces the chance of the offspring having the HA to 20% chance. If you really want HA Goomy, try breeding with a male Pokemon in the Dragon Egg Group and that method will be 80% chance.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • even if they're hacked it doesn't affect the offspring, which would be perfectly legit (if they have legit components, ex. love ball goomy in ORAS can produce "legit" offspring by breeding but they're still considered illegal because of the love ball)

Actually, any Pokemon with hacked parents is just as illegal as their parents. Says so in the rules. However considering what this person's breeding parents are, I don't think that they really care about that.

Not trying to trash anyone who does it or anything though, just pointing that out. :)

Years
  • even if they're hacked it doesn't affect the offspring, which would be perfectly legit (if they have legit components, ex. love ball goomy in ORAS can produce "legit" offspring by breeding but they're still considered illegal because of the love ball)

actually it can. if you badly edit a pokemon with powersaves then the hacked parent might not pass on the hidden ability. i had a HA parent which wouldn't pass on the HA and the reason was that it was hacked/edited.

Ditto reduces the chance of the offspring having the HA to 20% chance. If you really want HA Goomy, try breeding with a male Pokemon in the Dragon Egg Group and that method will be 80% chance.

I'm pretty sure it's down to gender. females have 60%

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • actually it can. if you badly edit a pokemon with powersaves then the hacked parent might not pass on the hidden ability. i had a HA parent which wouldn't pass on the HA and the reason was that it was hacked/edited.

I'm pretty sure it's down to gender. females have 60%

huh, I guess that makes sense since it was artificially changed. maybe chaz17's Gooey is hacked to have HA and that's why the chances are lower?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • huh, I guess that makes sense since it was artificially changed. maybe chaz17's Gooey is hacked to have HA and that's why the chances are lower?

That theory seems pretty solid to me. I'd recommend that he just gets his hands on a legit HA Goomy, and breed with the 6IV Ditto for the rest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    huh, I guess that makes sense since it was artificially changed. maybe chaz17's Gooey is hacked to have HA and that's why the chances are lower?

If Goomy was hacked to have Gooey then the hidden ability transfer because it doesn't have the hidden ability flag which makes the Goodra illegal. Goodra has to the have hidden ability for Gooey or it's hacked. That's why The Goomy cannot get Gooey.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Ditto reduces the chance of the offspring having the HA to 20% chance. If you really want HA Goomy, try breeding with a male Pokemon in the Dragon Egg Group and that method will be 80% chance.
    thats not true its 60% chanse to get a HA wih a female + ditto and 20 % with a male with ha + ditto

Back