• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hogging the Spotlight

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What Pokemon or Trainers do you feel got too much focus in the Pokemon anime and why? It can be from any saga or season, don't exclude the question to XYZ.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    It seems like Magikarp and Pidgey had way more focus episodes than they should've. There were three Magikarp episodes in Orange Islands alone.

I also thought Jigglypuff had too many appearances. It was funny the first few times, but seeing her got old as it kept happening.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It seems like Magikarp and Pidgey had way more focus episodes than they should've. There were three Magikarp episodes in Orange Islands alone.

I also thought Jigglypuff had too many appearances. It was funny the first few times, but seeing her got old as it kept happening.

I liked the Jigglypuff episodes. They were really odd though as seemingly someone was going to catch it, yet they never did. The last we saw of it, it got trapped in the Hoenn trick house. I wonder why they never did anything with it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I liked them at first too but I liked when they made Jigglypuff more occasional. As funny as it was when she got mad and drew on everyone, it did get old when it was happening almost every episode from the middle to towards the end of season 1.

d

Dawns Piplup for having more than its share of contests and being in nearly every episode

Years
  • Dawns Piplup for having more than its share of contests and being in nearly every episode

While I do like Dawn as a character, I can understand your point here because I feel Dawn relies on Piplup so much that it's coming at the expense of her other Pokemon. Piplup was also popular in Japan for its cute design which also explained why it became Dawn's counterpart to Ash's Pikachu and never evolved.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • It was Serena and her showcases, towards the end of Kalos Quest, I think, when the gang was near and in Gloire City. Two to three back to back Showcasing episodes had almost made me skip the english dubs, but I did watch it, for the sake of passing those two hours in the night I was unable to fall asleep in. And hey, all the boredom from watching such a crap ton of showcasing was actually more effective than counting Mareeps!

Last edited:
    Back