• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen TItle Defense Battles

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the S/M/US/UM games, you can battle various different trainers in the game to defend your title of being Alola Champion.

The trainers you can battle to defend your title are: Faba (S/M only), Gladion, Hapu, Hau, Kukui, Molayne (S/M only), Plumeria, Ryuki, Sophocles, Youngster Tristan, Guzma (US/UM only), and Lusamine (US/UM only). Who you end up facing in battle to defend your title is random between the ten.

What did you think of this? What is your favorite title defense battle?

I really liked this concept of different trainers challenging you for the Champion title, instead of you always battling the previous Champion.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I used to battle the Elite 4/Title Challenger pretty often when grinding my EV-trained Pokémon to Lv 50+. Was definitely great to have various different boss trainers to battle. I would say Hop and Kukui were my favourite challengers out of the ones I've battled since they were the most challenging imo, and they offered more Exp points than the rest.

Years
    • Seen today
    Fun idea, but I didn't like having to fight all the way through the elite four again to defend my title.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Aye, that certainly started getting repetitive after a while.

By the way, did anyone do enough Elite 4 battles in USUM to get the encounter with the fans outside the Pokémon League? Too bad only two fans appear, and they can't be seen again after the cutscene. At least they give you a free item.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    By the way, did anyone do enough Elite 4 battles in USUM to get the encounter with the fans outside the Pokémon League? Too bad only two fans appear, and they can't be seen again after the cutscene. At least they give you a free item.
    How many times do you have to do it in order for this to happen? I've never heard of this before.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • How many times do you have to do it in order for this to happen? I've never heard of this before.

I think it happens either the second or third time you defend your title after initially beating the game

Back