• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] How do special 0xD8 and 0x1B8 work?

Years
  • Seen today
Hi all,

I'm making an elevator script. Which is the following:
Spoiler:

Which works, but it isn't polished.

When special 0xD8 is called and updates variable 0x403A, the 'now on floor X' displays the wrong floor after reentering the map of the elevator. See Gif below.
Elevator Problem.gif

Somehow the game updates variable 0x403A and keeps track of what floor you are on, but I don't know how it works and therefore how to change it. Because it still shows the floors of the original ROCKET HIDEOUT after reentering.

Does anybody knows how this works, since I can't seem to find it anywhere:)

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I haven't done this in a while, but I looked up an old elevator script of mine, and for every floor option I set 0x403A to a different number depending on the floor. For F1 set var 0x403A equal to 0x4 and any lower than that is a basement floor. I didn't use special 0xD8. That way you can always update the floor to what you want it to be.

Back