• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] I caught a Bulbasaur

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
Years
  • ... in Viridian Forest. The PokeDEX suggests there is no location or habitat, though. Is this normal?

I am super stoked :) who else had surprise catches like this? (!!)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Catching Bulbasaur is rare but not impossible in Viridian Forest. Depending on which version you have determines whether you encounter Oddish or Bellsprout as well. Might want to read the following article: Read me

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I guess I need to start spending extended periods of time in the tall grass in all the different locations? I bet there is rare Pok?mon that show up in every route.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • Catching Bulbasaur is rare but not impossible in Viridian Forest. Depending on which version you have determines whether you encounter Oddish or Bellsprout as well. Might want to read the following article: Read me

For sure! I am just surprised that *starters* are showing up, and so early, too.

I have two Bulbas now ^^

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • I guess I need to start spending extended periods of time in the tall grass in all the different locations? I bet there is rare Pok?mon that show up in every route.

Yeah, especially since the PokeDEX omits their habitat, yet clearly there are spawns it is keeping secret.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • For sure! I am just surprised that *starters* are showing up, and so early, too.

I have two Bulbas now ^^

Well in Yellow, the game Let?s GO is based on, the Kanto starters were given as gifts in Cerulean, Nugget Bridge(Route 24 off the top of my head) and Vermilion City respectively. They could also be obtained through the Ditto Glitch but that?s cheating lol. It appears that in Let?s GO, they?ll spawn in the wild in addition to the gift locations(with the parameters for receiving them as gifts having been changed). You can get Charmander pretty early too if you look hard enough or get a catch combo high enough to spawn one.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • Well in Yellow, the game Let?s GO is based on, the Kanto starters were given as gifts in Cerulean, Nugget Bridge(Route 24 off the top of my head) and Vermilion City respectively. They could also be obtained through the Ditto Glitch but that?s cheating lol. It appears that in Let?s GO, they?ll spawn in the wild in addition to the gift locations(with the parameters for receiving them as gifts having been changed). You can get Charmander pretty early too if you look hard enough or get a catch combo high enough to spawn one.

Yeah, I?ve played RBY, and getting the starters from NPCs in Y was a highlight.

On another note, Chansey spawns in Mt. Moon o_0 another ?no habitat? spawn. Was reallllyyyy not expecting that.

[Edit] and Clefable apparently(!!!).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2018
    The rare spawns like charmander, bulb and squirt don't show up on habitat but if you get a 11 catch combo of any pokemon on any rout the rare spawns will spawn more often

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The rare spawns like charmander, bulb and squirt don't show up on habitat but if you get a 11 catch combo of any pokemon on any rout the rare spawns will spawn more often

Don't think it needs to be a particular combo amount, my Bulbasaur showed up with a less than 10 combo

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • I caught a Charmander just before Mt. Moon, which is nice. Didn't see one Chansey in Mt. Moon, but I did catch an Onix just so I could ride on it, lol.

omg I was there for two hours hunting Jigglypuff and didn?t even see Charmander (or Jigglypuff for that matter) #dies

I found five Chanseys, caught two. They are realllllyyy hard ;;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I don't think you can actually catch a Jigglypuff there...lol. You could in the original, but they changed the location for a few pokemon. I did the same looking for a Mankey just to the west of Viridian City since I remember that's where you could catch them before, but it never showed up.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Yeah, I?ve played RBY, and getting the starters from NPCs in Y was a highlight.

On another note, Chansey spawns in Mt. Moon o_0 another ?no habitat? spawn. Was reallllyyyy not expecting that.

[Edit] and Clefable apparently(!!!).
    I FREAKED out when I saw a Chansey in Mt. Moon. I caught two of them while I was in there! It?s awsome too becaus they give you tons of EXP.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • I don't think you can actually catch a Jigglypuff there...lol. You could in the original, but they changed the location for a few pokemon. I did the same looking for a Mankey just to the west of Viridian City since I remember that's where you could catch them before, but it never showed up.

I did that too!!! and then was like "hmm if Bellsprout is on the first route, then maybe Mankey isn't here anymore."

I don't wanna look up the location changes. This is more fun (for now).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, a bunch changed. Partly also because the Safari Zone isn't a thing, so they shuffled around some of those. Meanwhile it also mimics, in part, the aspect in go where some rare Pokemon can just show up when you don't expect it.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I got a wild Bulbasaur in my first run through Viridian Forest. It was a huge help for Brock since I didn't have a water type.

I saw only one Onix in Mt Moon and caught it, saw two Chansey and 2 Clefable. Caught one of each.

I really wish you could use more space in the bag but it looks like you can only use the spots occupied that means it will be difficult to put the Pokemon in the bag in numerical order.

Last edited:
    Back