• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Offensive + Stall RMT

xxIGNorant

Lumiya's Royal Stormtrooper
Years
  • Mew - Entry Hazard Lead
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/80 SpDef/176 Speed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - Psychic
    Sets up SR and dies. Although that's his primary job, I can switch him out as I see fit and use him as death fodder for later in the match. If Murkrow has Toxiced something, I can also use Mew to toxic stall with Roost. Takes fighting attacks aimed at my Magneton, as well as Psychic attacks aimed at Nidoking and Hitmontop.

Murkrow - Toxic Staller
    Item: Eviolite
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Defense/8 SpDef
    - FeatherDance
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Taunt
    This annoying Pokemon forces a lot of switches, racking up Stealth Rock damage. Screws over Choice Banded pokes with Featherdance and Toxics walls. Taunt to prevent enemy setup. Battle-tested, Murkrow has caused rage-quits even when put in the lead position. Best be packing a Zapdos, or you're gonna have a bad time.

Nidoking - Special Attacker
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - Earth Power
    If you read my OU RMT, you'll have noticed this guy. It's exactly the same deal as before. Immediate special attacking power is applied to the opponent, hitting most things super-effectively with his coverage moves.

Scyther - Physical Setup Sweeper
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 216 HP/40 Attack/252 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Aerial Ace
    - Brick Break
    I put EVs into his defensive stats in order to get off a Swords Dance. In order to pull off a sweep, I'll need to have taken care of Sableye first, who often packs WoW. Dedicated physical walls can also trouble it here. Choice Scarf Darmanitan also needs to be removed (or crippled). Murkrow can do this pretty easily.

Hitmontop - Rapid Spinner
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP/136 Attack/116 SpDef/4 Speed
    - Sucker Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Foresight
    - Close Combat
    I didn't pick Hitmontop for his synergy with my other Pokes. I picked him mainly to help Scyther stay alive on the battlefield. Besides this, he can perform other jobs such as revenge killing weakened Psychic Pokemon with Sucker Punch. Foresight allows me to prevent being walled by Ghost users, who know how to get around Sucker Punch.

Magneton - Steel Killer
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed/4 Defense
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Magnet Rise
    - Hidden Power Ice
    Come in on Bronzong, Magnet Rise, Substitute, and Charge Beam. After enough boosts, I'm almost guaranteed to take out at least another Pokemon because of the protection provided by Substitute. Maximum speed is crucial; there are some instances where Magnet Rise needs to be used right away.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since this is a defensive-oriented team, Hitmontop should be using a defensively-oriented spread (Impish, 252 HP/252 Def 4 SDef). While this spread makes Hitmontop a bit weaker offensively, this lets it survive more attacks on the physical end (which can be cushioned further with Intimidate), since Hitmontop's Special Defense is rather good.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • Your Murkrow sounds pretty annoying, but is taunt bait itself. You should replace it with Skarmory (I know its OU but, come the faster pokemon with taunt and you'll have to switch, giving your opponent a chance to sweep you):

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP 232 Def 24 Spe
    Moves:
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Brave Bird

You also seem to be getting walled by steel types. Your choice, and hope this helped :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Murkrow isnt Taunt bait as it has priority Taunt thanks to Prankster so you can Taunt their Taunt first.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • oh yeah *facepalm*

Murkrow isnt Taunt bait as it has priority Taunt thanks to Prankster so you can Taunt their Taunt first.

true... i don't think i had seen the ability. now that that's out of the way, your team looks good.

xxIGNorant

Years
  • You also seem to be getting walled by steel types.

To this point, I haven't had a problem with most steel types. Nidoking hits most super effectively with STAB Earth Power, and Flamethrower 2HKOs Bronzong. Magneton is on the team specifically to set up on and deal with steel types; namely Bisharp, Registeel, Empoleon, and Bronzong to name a few.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • To this point, I haven't had a problem with most steel types. Nidoking hits most super effectively with STAB Earth Power, and Flamethrower 2HKOs Bronzong. Magneton is on the team specifically to set up on and deal with steel types; namely Bisharp, Registeel, Empoleon, and Bronzong to name a few.

Then i hope that this team works for you :D just out of curiosity, can Magenton or Nidoking OHKO/2HKO specially defensive Heatran??

xxIGNorant

Years
  • When I played OU, Nidoking was able to OHKO all variants of Heatran with 4x super-effective-STAB-Life Orb-Sheer Force-boosted Earth Power (when they don't have Air Balloon). Heatran is of no concern to this team; the team is UU after all. Heatran is banned from the tier. As for Magneton, he probably won't even want to stay in on a Heatran in the first place, let alone set up on it. My Magneton has no investment in Special Attack, so he relies on boosts to kill things. A special tank such as Heatran would probably be 4 or 5HKOed by Charge Beam, assuming I grab a couple boosts. Heatran should OHKO Magneton with 4x effective Earth Power.

Last edited:
    Back