• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Social: The PokéCommunity joins Extra Life!

What month should our marathins take place?

• October

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • November

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • December

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

• Hello ladies and gentlemon! I come to you today on a quest for charity! For those of you who don't know, Extra Life is a yearly charity event to raise money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals all over the United States. The event centers around individuals setting out to complete a marathon, but instead of running, you play video games. The goal is to play video games for 24 hours straight, with people pledging money for each hour played. For more information, I direct you to the Extra Life FAQ.

I discovered this organization last year, but by the time I did, it was too late in the year to plan an effective event. Come this year I was encouraged by an Hstaff member to bring this charity up again, and so now we're here. We need the community's help deciding on when would be the best time to run a cross marathon stream on the PokéCommunity's Twitch channel. I will be opening a poll with this thread to gather input regarding the month first, and then we will break down into weeks.

We are also looking for individuals to participate by running their own marathon as part of our team on the Extra Life website. If you wish to participate, it is recommended you have a Skype or YouTube channel to broadcast or post your marathons to. You don't have to be a personality for this! All of it is for charity so all you need is a good heart and some free time. If you wish to join in, simply go to the Extra Life web site and create an account. Once you have, you can go to this page to join the PokéCommunity team;
    http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=22267

If you wish to have your marathon hosted on the PokéCommunity, please indicate this desire below so we can plan the schedule accordingly. How long host blocks will be comes down to how big interest in the stream winds up being. I hope to see you all on the Twitch channel so we can help make a difference!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Hey, I've been meaning to get into streaming anyway so I might contribute with some videogames. Is it just limited to Pokémon or can we just marathon whatever?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hey, I've been meaning to get into streaming anyway so I might contribute with some videogames. Is it just limited to Pokémon or can we just marathon whatever?
    All games are welcome! It's your marathon so you can do what you want with it. Hell play Marathon if you want ;) I would say no overtly adult content but Twitch banned that already anyway haha!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'll definitely participating in this. People in my circle tend to hold our children's hospital pretty close to their hearts, so I'm hoping to get some pretty good donations there.

Back