• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    15 year long fan of pokemon games here and today I just recalled a game I played a couple of times off a friend's GB when I was a kid but I can't remember its name. I played it waaaay back so my memory might be a little fuzzy.

I've looked it up in every way I know with no success and I went as far as looking into Pokemon Jade and pichu bros. mini so I must resort to you guys, thanks in advance for your help btw.

Here's everything I remember about it:
    - It featured pikachu on an platformer game similar to the Mario games but you could go back and it was more vertical as well. I can't remember the levels but I think we had to pick some things up to unlock a boss level.
    - I remember playing it on a GBC with black and white graphics but could be other platform, maybe pokemon mini.
    - I think one of the bosses was Raikou, he definitely appeared on the game and to beat him we had to race with him. I vaguely remember rain, thunderstorm and jumping above ponds, you didn't have to press forward in this scenario, you just had to avoid the obstacles, this time similar to chrome's t-rex game. This means the game was probably launched after 1999 which is odd since all games released at that time were already colored.
    - At later stages of the game I think (very unsure on this) Entei also appeared which if I'm not wrong probably means the whole idea of the game is to beat all three dogs.
    - Could be one of those fake spin-offs, in fact I think it is one of those "50 in 1" cartridges (remember those? haha) which only makes it so much harder to find now. It could however make the game older than 1999 and raikou is just my mind messing up with me, could just be a made up dog that resembled raikou and I'm now messing up the two.

Any of this sounds familiar to any of you? Am I losing my mind? I have several memories of this game so I'm pretty sure it existed, but I might be messing up a lot of things ~_~​

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Holy C***!!! Was just about to ask the same thing at Serebi's forums when it gave me a hint on how to find it and I did. It's a fake game called Pocket Monsters Go Go, nevermind this thread then, here's some pics:
    hqdefault.jpg

f01aac17876982c10a66adb152a6c6a9.gif

And here's the dog I mistook for raikou with the thunderstorms on the background:
    hqdefault.jpg

PS: Is there no way to automatically resize all pics?

Years
  • It's pretty much a ROM hack, which is something this section wouldn't even discuss anyway since it's mainly for official games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back