• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best way to value cards?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I am looking to insure my cards, does anyone know an easy way to value my collection?

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    There are several ways to identify value of specific cards, but a whole collection will take a lot of time, and a lot more estimation.

Websites like Troll and Toad will give you the most accurate pricing of any card that you might have - but you can imagine the time needed to add up your entire collection. Though, it'd be nice to type in your big shiny EXes and GXes. Remember that the site tells you the absolute value of the card given its rarity and whatnot - most cards out there will cost slightly more through shipping and well, trade.

You can also use nearby TCG stores to kind of weigh your 'bulk' if you have a lot of unneeded cards. Typically 1000 bulk cards will be valued at around 30-40 bucks, meaning that certain stores around my area will buy 1000 random Pokemon cards for that price, then sell cards in that collection for a quarter ($0.25) per card, whether or not it's holo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There are several ways to identify value of specific cards, but a whole collection will take a lot of time, and a lot more estimation.

Websites like Troll and Toad will give you the most accurate pricing of any card that you might have - but you can imagine the time needed to add up your entire collection. Though, it'd be nice to type in your big shiny EXes and GXes. Remember that the site tells you the absolute value of the card given its rarity and whatnot - most cards out there will cost slightly more through shipping and well, trade.

You can also use nearby TCG stores to kind of weigh your 'bulk' if you have a lot of unneeded cards. Typically 1000 bulk cards will be valued at around 30-40 bucks, meaning that certain stores around my area will buy 1000 random Pokemon cards for that price, then sell cards in that collection for a quarter ($0.25) per card, whether or not it's holo.

I disagree on the TrollandToad portion because TrollandToad (and other web retailers of cards like them) is an actual webstore and they'll sell it at what they think they can get for the card while still turning a profit on the card rather than what an individual selling the card would get for selling it on a secondhand market like eBay. Additionally, the cash amount you'd get selling it to TrollandToad directly is less than you'd get for it on eBay if the card is worth more than something like $2 on eBay.

Back