• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] I have some questions about CFRU

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 14, 2022
Hello everyone, i'm having fun messing around with CFRU.

I followed the instructions step by step in the documentation to add new abilities(that's the easy part), but the ability1 and ability2 variables are unsigned and 8bits long, which means that the max value is 0xFF, how can i add new abilities after the 0xFF index?

Second question, can i add animations to abilities on switch in?

__fred__40

fred
Years
1)currently, I don't think you can add more than 256 abilities

2)not sure what u r talking about but there is already an animation that show the ability of the pokemon that has come in battle, if the ability just activated

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 14, 2022
1) are you sure? because i saw Radical Red added like 5/6 new abilities, correct me if i'm wrong
edit: i asked on Skeli's discord and i got the same response.

2)i'm not talking about pop ups. I wanted to add a custom animation when a pokemon switched in with a certain ability(ex. an animation like harden)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Hello everyone, i'm having fun messing around with CFRU.

I followed the instructions step by step in the documentation to add new abilities(that's the easy part), but the ability1 and ability2 variables are unsigned and 8bits long, which means that the max value is 0xFF, how can i add new abilities after the 0xFF index?

Second question, can i add animations to abilities on switch in?

Fire Red battle animations list- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9133279#post9133279

Emerald End of turn animations etc.- https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9755767#post9755767

Also you should just look into that thread in general lots of good stuff.

if pokemon already have animations when they go into battle then you just have to find that table or offset.
and write a script to apply one of the move graphics with a pointer I assume so they play together.
(Otherwise you'd need to make your own graphics, but if you don't mind a bit of work, exporting the graphics and doing some slight pallette adjusting and then reimporting as new graphics could be good. Just try and find a good graphics editor tool, if you didn't already.

Once you find everything i assume the hard part will be tailoring your choices and adjusting length of animation.

and I think you can add abilities I'm trying to do the same, but i was using PKhex (or was it PGE?). I couldn't figure out the program, but it used an expander and then the total abilities list increased and there was a "???" that i could change. Maybe that can work or you, i just couldn't figure out how to make an ability that wasn't just copying the affect of an existing one.

Also I yeah radical red did add abilities they created a new ability for all the cat pokemon "feline ferocity" or something and its affect was completely unique to my knowledge. The question is did they expand the list or did they overwrite an old ability no one likes/uses? That I don't know.

but you could probably find out by reading the radical red changelog.

Ok a little quick research and it looks like expanders are the way to go for overcoming the 256 limit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 14, 2022
Sorry for not responding sooner, i was busy and i had put rom hacking on hold.
Anyway, thank you very much for the input, i really apreciate that, and happy new year.

Back