• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
  • You get Mothim, Graveler, Octillery, Lickitung, Carnivine and Drifblim. Enjoy! :)
    Let me know if you need any re-rolls.

Actually may I request to replace Gravler? I've recently used it in my Low BST challenge run a month or two ago. The only other thing is if you do replace it, could you replace it with something else early as well so I can use it before the first gym since that was the only option for that.

Everything else is fantastic and exactly what I wanted from this challenge, it's just that one sticks out for me since I wanted to use things fairly new to me. I know there was no way to find that out in the post, but, I was just hoping odds would be in my favor. {XD}

Years
  • Actually may I request to replace Gravler? I've recently used it in my Low BST challenge run a month or two ago. The only other thing is if you do replace it, could you replace it with something else early as well so I can use it before the first gym since that was the only option for that.

Everything else is fantastic and exactly what I wanted from this challenge, it's just that one sticks out for me since I wanted to use things fairly new to me. I know there was no way to find that out in the post, but, I was just hoping odds would be in my favor. {XD}

So what about a Bibarel? There really isn't much to choose from with those restrictions {XD}

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • So what about a Bibarel? There really isn't much to choose from with those restrictions {XD}

Well Ponyta would of worked as well but Bibarel is just fine as well! {XD}
    I actually didn't use him in the aforementioned run, so it's something different as well!

Actually well shoot. With that in mind I actually run over my own rules. Since I already have Mothim and Drifblim has the type overlap. Lets see, there's Kricketot which overlaps with mothim, which I can grind out. Ponyta as mentioned above. Psyduck if I'm going to be redundant...

Shoot, perhaps Ponyta might be the only option I can think of in this situation, but, I'll leave it to you if you want to just reroll the whole time or do something else. I don't want to influence your choice in the decision too much...

I did set up some issues with this run didn't I? I really like a lot of the choices you have, but, I don't want to break my own rules, dilemmas...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well Ponyta would of worked as well but Bibarel is just fine as well! {XD}
    I actually didn't use him in the aforementioned run, so it's something different as well!

Actually well shoot. With that in mind I actually run over my own rules. Since I already have Mothim and Drifblim has the type overlap. Lets see, there's Kricketot which overlaps with mothim, which I can grind out. Ponyta as mentioned above. Psyduck if I'm going to be redundant...

Shoot, perhaps Ponyta might be the only option I can think of in this situation, but, I'll leave it to you if you want to just reroll the whole time or do something else. I don't want to influence your choice in the decision too much...

I did set up some issues with this run didn't I? I really like a lot of the choices you have, but, I don't want to break my own rules, dilemmas...

Oh just get that Rapidash, if you want it so much {XD}

Years
  • Sorry for not updating the challengers/champions list - it's just a rather lenghty process and I don't have any time right now - will do it as soon as I have some time though!

Years
  • Well that's the issue, the point of the challenge is I use whatever is given to me! {XD}

I don't know at this point though, it seems like we've gone full circle with this. I kind of want to say just reroll it at this point! :P

Soooooo... what about Machoke/Machamp? It's before 1st gym too :)

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Soooooo... what about Machoke/Machamp? It's before 1st gym too :)

Just to show what I did during that run
    Spoiler:

So I've already used one ;-;
    Still between it and Gravler I rather use Machoke, I just don't know at this point though.

Years
  • Just to show what I did during that run
    Spoiler:

So I've already used one ;-;
    Still between it and Gravler I rather use Machoke, I just don't know at this point though.

If starter is out of the question too (Torterra) then you get...
    *re-rolls*
    *keeps re-rolling*
    *checks Pokedex*
    *finds out that there are about 6 pokemon avaliable after first gym that meet criteria*
    you get...
    Chimecho!
    What's the excuse this time?{XD}

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • If starter is out of the question too (Torterra) then you get...
    *re-rolls*
    *keeps re-rolling*
    *checks Pokedex*
    *finds out that there are about 6 pokemon avaliable after first gym that meet criteria*
    you get...
    Chimecho!
    What's the excuse this time?{XD}

That's actually perfect to be honest. So what does that make the final team?
    Chimecho, Mothim, Octillery, Lickitung, Carnivine and Drifblim.

Years
  • Sorry that I haven't updated my progress at all. But as a quick update. Just defeated Giovanni and my rival. I'm heading to victory road. I still have one more Pokemon to evolve but I just captured it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Hey I would like to sign up! (Though after reading trough the last page of replies I can't figure out who I give a set too)

Username: Polymus1
    Game Version: Diamond (It was my first and I'm coming back!)
    Number of pokemon: 5-6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: None
    (Though if any one of the team isn't available before Roark (1st Gym) then could I hack in a De-evolved lvl 5 one)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    THIS IS THE TEAM FOR POLYMUS1

Staraptor
    Luxray
    Skuntank
    Hippowdon
    Toxicroak
    Drifblim

Hope you like them:)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Okay, time for the first update!
    Spoiler:

starly-f.gif

Badges: 0/8
    Team: 2/6

Estrella Lvl 11 [F]
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack
    - Wing Attack

Raiden Lvl 9 [M]
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Charge

P.S: Thanks Xander, I do love the choices. I haven't used most of them in a while!
    a> alt="Starly

Years
  • Ooh this sounds like fun!!

Forum Username: Linay
    Game Version: White 2
    Number of Pokemon: 3-4
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: None!

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Ooh this sounds like fun!!

Forum Username: Linay
    Game Version: White 2
    Number of Pokemon: 3-4
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: None!

Linay, you get

Castform
    Simisage
    Drapion
    Camerupt

Let me know if you'd like a reroll

Name: Electric N
    Game: Ruby or Sapphire, you can pick
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFE: Yes (but can't do trade evolutions)
    Nationdex: no
    Notes:
    Need fly and surf
    No legendaries
    Preferably not a ton of double typing

Also doing one for another game

Game: FireRed or LeafGreen, you can pick
    Notes:
    Need fly and surf
    No legendaries

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Electric N
    Game: Ruby or Sapphire, you can pick
    Notes:
    Need fly and surf
    No legendaries

You get...

262.gif
    350.gif
    257.gif
    184.gif
    354.gif
    334.gif

Game: FireRed or LeafGreen, you can pick
    Notes:
    Need fly and surf
    No legendaries

And...

115.gif
    99.gif
    85.gif
    110.gif
    73.gif
    45.gif

Also, I looked in Challengers in first post and found myself with 2 Challenges... Red run and Crystal run... I think I already completed my Red run, but I can't remember my Crystal run. So I think I'll startJohto run with new team:

Forum Username: Janp
    Game Version: Sacred Gold
    Restrictions:
    Not really. If you roll legendary or Pokemon with same type, I can go with it

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Ruby team confirmed!

And could I get a reroll on the fire red one, there's 3 poison types 2 normal types, and 2 water types. Just wanted a little less overlap

You get...

262.gif
    350.gif
    257.gif
    184.gif
    354.gif
    334.gif

And...

115.gif
    99.gif
    85.gif
    110.gif
    73.gif
    45.gif

Also, I looked in Challengers in first post and found myself with 2 Challenges... Red run and Crystal run... I think I already completed my Red run, but I can't remember my Crystal run. So I think I'll startJohto run with new team:

Forum Username: Janp
    Game Version: Sacred Gold
    Restrictions:
    Not really. If you roll legendary or Pokemon with same type, I can go with it

You get:

Nidoqueen
    Aipom
    Donphan
    Corsola
    Fearow
    Umbreon

Let me know if you need a reroll

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back