• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quantity or Quality Posts

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Doctor Itsy said:
    Oh really, than maybe you should stop making all those quantitive posts about your TAN HOUSE huh?

Not to be rude , but leave me alone , I dont care about that anymore. Sorry if Im offending you but i dont want you to get on my nerves and vice versa. Now Please leave me alone

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    What I'd like to do it have a forum where you can post, but the posts aren't added to your total. Games like ^The One Above could be put there and still enjoyed, without complaints of the players being spammers. New Member Introductions should also be a non-post count forum, as all anyone says is "Hi welcome" etc. Most of these are Lightning's ideas. =X

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • I like the one above too. It's a really fun game. I believe in the quality of posts. I like to make as many quality type posts as I can, but that always doesn't happen... :(

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • images said:
    there'd definitely be less spam if there were no post counts at all. but that'd ruin the fun of reaching a new goal.

actually i support no post count. I believe it's either Kairi or Lightning that brought that up a while ago and i agree with them. No post count score, no SPAM (cause the incentive to SPAM is gone).

It's like in those games. People die so easily just to risk themselves getting a higher "kill ratio" to prove themselves to be a "better player" while they just suck. So in the version 2 of the game they took off the point system immediately and the situation did improve a little.

I hope the admins will take that into serious consideration.
    No post counts please.

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    Yea, Lightning brought it up. It was at Pokemasters where they didn't have post counts, and the members are all quality posters.. I'd like tha too.

Latios Master said:
    I like the one above too. It's a really fun game. I believe in the quality of posts. I like to make as many quality type posts as I can, but that always doesn't happen... :(
    Well, it might seem fun to you, but after 1 month, you all run out of ideas. I gets dumb, you say the same thing, over and over. It's like playing the same boring game.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Well, Lightning also suggested doing something like they did at TPM, still having post counts, but to see them you have to click on a user's profile. I think that was intended to be right when we started the new database, but...

That way staff could gage a person's activity if they're looking for new mods, but at the same time most people wouldn't take the time to check everyone's post count. I still like the idea of a post-countless forum for ^The One Above and maybe Trivia.

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
  • Yeah, a post-countless forum for games such as those would be cool. People's posts sky-rocket from those thingies.

My post count isn't very high, but I am here a lot, lurking. I really only say something if I feel I have something worth adding to the topic, or I juts may feel like it.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Not many posts are happening cause of school and all...I think Kwesi shoulda changed the server in the summer...oh well

BOO ya!

Back