• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • I've been playing for about 5 hours and still only have one badge! I think I may have skipped a gym :s

Anyway, my current team is
    Combusken level 29
    Kadabra level 21
    Honedge level 17

I want to train more before going further

Years
  • I just got the game like 30ish mins ago. So far I made it to the town with the first gym and my chespin is lvl 10.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    Just checked out the new PGL.. cool stuff! It's a little bit Facebook.. but it works :D Once again, Dlanijer is off picking his 36 berry trees. Removing weeds, fainting bugs, etc. hopefully off to battle the fourth gym leader sometime soon. I just have to say - bicycling through Kalos is always a blast for me.. I love the updated animation of the game! And... still catching all unseen monsters.. with regular pokeballs.. yup that's Dlanijer.

Current Team:
    Lucario
    Braixen
    Tyrunt
    Honedge
    Pangoro
    Bibarel (SLAVE MODE)

ArcticArcanine

A Critical Hit!
    Years
  • Well I'm on the 6th gym now, and I am currently traveling towards it, and my team is 1 evolution away from completion. I went to the midnight release at my Gamestop (first one to get Pokemon X from that gamestop!) and I have been training up since then. only 3 more gyms to go

The Team
    Greninja lvl 43
    Charizard (w/mega stone) lvl 42
    Lucario (w/mega stone) lvl 42
    Raichu lvl 41
    Kadabra lvl 41 (going to get the mega stone for Alakazam post game)
    Sylveon lvl 41

Years
  • From exploring Luminose City to getting through Routes 5 through 8 and finally reaching the coast of Kalos, I've been pretty busy the last few days!

All I have to say about Luminose City is that it's humongous! All that time exploring it and that was only the south side?! I can't wait to see the rest of the city.
    As for my Kanto starter, I chose Squirtle. When the Megavolutions for the Kanto starters were first revealed, I instantly favored MegaBlastoise's look over the others.

I have to say that from walking on Route 5, I truly realized how amazing and overwhelming the amount of Pokemon you can find in this game! There's so many I want to use that I don't know what I want my final team to be {D:} Also, I encountered my first horde, one of Gulpin. I really like how Gulpin opens its mouth wide when attacking.

Camphrier Town was pretty interesting for a small town.

Going on Route 7 and seeing a sleeping Snorlax blocking the path brought back much nostalgia!

The Battle Chateau seems to be a promising place with being able to battle different trainers based on rank. I've been taking advantage of that to level up my Pokes.

Going into Connecting Cave and finding Whismur didn't surprise me one bit but seeing a horde of Zubat definitely was o_O

My gosh, Route 8 was full of cool Pokes! I really like its appearance being near the coast.

Ambrette Town was nice. From the fossil lab, I received a Tyrunt and an Aerodactyl from fossils I found in Glittering Cave. I really want to use both: for Aerodactyl, I want to use its Megavolution and for Tyrunt, I think its evolved form looks so ferocious!
    And speaking of Glittering Cave, that place is awe-inspiring! The developers did very well on that location. I also found interesting how one runs into wild Pokemon there. And of course, there are a lot of Pokemon there (like Kangaskhan and Mawile!).

Finally got to ride a Rhyhorn which was fun especially on the Spiky Path. And the first Sky Battle there was a good experience though I had to go back to town to get the right Pokemon from the PC.

The other part of Route 8, the beach part, was nice to travel on.
    The design of Cyllage City I find fascinating with the bicycle path and the gym up near the cliffs.

That's how far I've gotten in the game. The past few hours, I've been training for the gym and hopefully, I'll defeat later on tonight!

CM Ryder

Raimei no Yusha
    Years
  • After soft resetting for a little while, I finally got a female Fennekin as my starter. Rash natured, so can't complain too much. I just refuse to have a male Braixen/Delphox, looks like it should just be female to me. =/

Anywayz, I quickly beat Shauna with 2 Embers then set off on my journey. Caught every Pokémon I saw on the way to Santalune City. Fennekin evolved into Braixen during the fight with Viola. I've also played a lot of Pokémon Amie with her, got 3 levels of Affection and also started training her in Super Training. Mastered level 2 training, working on level 3. Super Training and Pokémon Amie are super addictive, expect lots of my Pokémon to be EV trained.

I stopped after that because it was late at night. Today I plan on blasting through a lot of the game, adding Squirtle, Honedge, Tyrunt and possibly Sylveon to my team. Will be soft resetting for a Timid or Bold Squirtle though, so might take a while XD

Pokémon X
    Name/Nickname: Matt/Yamato
    Team: Braixen F 17
    Badges: 1
    Time: 1:40

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Beat the 7th gym leader, she was the first gym leader to put up any kind of resistance...but it still wasn't very difficult.

Currently in the middle of taking out team flare for good, hopefully.

Delphox lv 48
    Swanna lv 49
    Malamar lv 49
    Mawile lv 50
    Dragalge lv 48
    Phantump lv 46

Years
  • I trained my Vivillon in Special attack and a little bit in Speed though Super Training. Now it has all EVs. I also unlocked new levels in Supertraining.

Now I got the 5th badge (answered questions wrong on purpose so I could battle more).

I visited the spooky house (probably sounds more interesting that it is, it's just a small house). Caught some Pokémon in the swamp (at least that's what it looks like). I then went to the city with the fairy type gym. That city looks very nice. Getting that badge is the next thing I'll do.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I have already played for approximately 15 hours, and I am currently in training for my 6th badge. :) Yesterday I caught a Goomy, the last member of my definitive team ^_^

My beloved Pokemon Team consists currently out of:
    Delphox (female) Lv: 40
    Talonflame (female) Lv:40
    Pikachu (female) Lv: 39 (will let it evolve after it learned some neat moves Raichu won't)
    Sylveon (female) Lv:40
    Lapras (female) Lv:40
    Sliggoo (female) Lv:41

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
  • I never got my game(my shipment comes on Tuesday I think), but to make it the most lengthy/savory and difficult, I will catch and maximize my team from the very beginning, including using the basic beginner route Pokemon and replace my team as it goes along.

Not to mention switching up my team once in a while when it gets too overleveled. This way, by the end of the Elite Four, I expect to have a tooon of level50s.
    I also want to try fight the Elite Four at least once with all of the Pokemon I have trained through this method as well. c: Give them all a chance.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Just caught Xerneas. It was pathetically easy to catch. I caught it with a regular pokeball on the fourth attempt. It wasn't even asleep.

Didn't even need the critical capture I had been hoping for.

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • So today my quest for a shiny Pokémon continued. Having heard that quite some people encounter shinies in Friend Safari, I thought: Let's give it a try. Went into different Friend Safaris, caught some awesome Pokémon, but no shiny.

Then I wanted to deposit some Pokémon, before I continue with the hunt and then I noticed this one:
    p87a.jpg

This is the first Pokérus Pokémon I ever caught.
    EDIT: Just saw that it infected my Sneasel and Blastoise too... But it doesn't have any value anymore :p I hoped to get double points at Super Training, but no... :(

Last edited:

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • As of right now I've hit Route 5 in my new 36 poke team run.

I got heavily distracted today from friends wanting me to roleplay on an old game, so I didn't get too much progress done. On the other hand the first gym leader was reasonably challenging to my team at the time, both my Beedrill and my Pidgey being defeated in the gym battle.

So far...
    Badges: 1

Team pokemon: 6/36

Party
    Sacred Lotus (lvl 12 male Bulbasaur, adamant)
    Zelda (lvl 14 female Zigzagoon, modest)
    Flurry (lvl 15 female Pidgey, jolly)
    Cinnamon (lvl 16 male Braixen, bold)
    Pyrena (lvl 16 female Litleo, gentle)
    Barbs (lvl 14 female Beedrill, calm)

Team 36 Box
    None

Years
  • been breeding Hidden Ability Eevees since last night...

so far ive managed to get 5 of the natures i want....
    and about 4 females which should trade for something real good to other breeders.

Bowen

EITHER WAY - Don't be like me!
    Years
  • So I'm in Geosenge, and I'm kind of sad that they didn't give us an Animal Crossing-style photography feature! EVERYTHING looks good in this game, especially for Game Freak developing in 3D for the first time.

If only they used shaders and 3D vision more. ;^;

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Today, I've defeated the fifth Gym Leader, and reached the town with the sixth gym. As for my team, I'm planning to replace Venusaur and Meowstic with Florges and Gengar, respectively.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Today....My beloved Inkay had no choice but to evolve into a Malamar... Swagger+Foul Play was able to defeat the most threatening opponents in the game.
    However, Inkay@Eviolite was not bulky enough for the brave new world of the 8th Gym.

Flotee holds the precious Eviolite now... And she can't be harmed by ANYTHING! (special defence at Lv.47 is 108 +50% from Eviolote)

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    After leveling up my team to 20 and maxing out their affection in Pokémon-Amie, head to the 1st gym and beat it.

Now heading to the 2nd gym

my current team

Riolu level 20
    Fletchinder level 20
    Froakie level 20
    Diggersby level 20

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • I'm currently on my way to challenge the 6th gym leader (I've had the game for 6 days now) and I was just at the haunted house location and that scary story scaried me a little. I didn't tip the man though. Am scared :(

Back