• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hey!

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
Years
  • Hi, I'm Lucas, but I go by Luke or sometimes, Lukie bookie(stupid, I know. but somehow it stuck) Just wanted to introduce myself to all of you guys! I'm a big Wooper fan, and I love the gen 4 games. Even though it has a terrible Pokedex, Diamond has a place in my heart. I kinda wanna get into competitive battling, so if you guys have tips, please share them.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Hi Lucas, welcome to PC!

Wooper is super adorable and I love the one in your signature. I think I might be looking through rose-colored glasses, but I didn't think it had a terrible Dex? Though perhaps asking child me to seriously critique something probably wouldn't have been super productive aha. My favorite Gen 4 games was Platinum though Diamond is also good.

Unfortunately I've not really taken an interest in competitive battling since Gen 6 so I'm not the best person to hear advice from (plus I used to use all sorts of weird strategies that wouldn't work well like Trick Room Gengar).

I hope you enjoy your time here, woop woop :)

Years
  • Welcome Luke! Lukie bookie sounds cute ngl haha :3

Wooper is adorable for real, love him as well. I'm a Gen 4 fan too! Yeah there's a noticeable lack of Fire types, but even though I complain about that on the outside, it's never actually affected me in game lol. Diamond was my first game, and though I believe Gen 5 is objectively better in all aspects, DPPt always has a special place in my heart <3

We used to have a section here dedicated to Comp Battling, along with our own Showdown server, but that was recently retired :c If I'm not mistaken, everything related to it has been moved to the Pokemon Gaming Central section, where you can use the Competitive prefix to search topics/make your own.

Anyway, hope you have a good stay! Feel free to ask around if you have any questions/need help with anything :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Luke! I said welcome in another thread but it doesn't hurt to do it again! Welcome to PC! :)

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
    Years
  • Welcome Luke! Lukie bookie sounds cute ngl haha :3

Wooper is adorable for real, love him as well. I'm a Gen 4 fan too! Yeah there's a noticeable lack of Fire types, but even though I complain about that on the outside, it's never actually affected me in game lol. Diamond was my first game, and though I believe Gen 5 is objectively better in all aspects, DPPt always has a special place in my heart <3

We used to have a section here dedicated to Comp Battling, along with our own Showdown server, but that was recently retired :c If I'm not mistaken, everything related to it has been moved to the Pokemon Gaming Central section, where you can use the Competitive prefix to search topics/make your own.

Anyway, hope you have a good stay! Feel free to ask around if you have any questions/need help with anything :)
    Thanks, you're one of the first people not to make fun of me because of it! The Diamond Dex was always something that ticked me off, and was amplified by Flint, but I'm trying to get over it :)

Thanks for the link, I'll be checking it out soon. And thank you for the warm welcome!

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
    Years
  • Hi Lucas, welcome to PC!

Wooper is super adorable and I love the one in your signature. I think I might be looking through rose-colored glasses, but I didn't think it had a terrible Dex? Though perhaps asking child me to seriously critique something probably wouldn't have been super productive aha. My favorite Gen 4 games was Platinum though Diamond is also good.

I hope you enjoy your time here, woop woop :)
    Thanks! Yeah, I've always loved Wooper, and when I saw the picture of it in Gen 4 clothes I couldn't resist. DP's regional dex is kinda weird, cause of the lack of Fire types, but otherwise its fine. Thanks for the greeting!

Years
  • Hello Lucas!

a675b01bc3b2abfc55bdb623a2bfb9be.gif

Come on in, come on in!

For me gen IV was mainly about HGSS, as I'm not that big on Sinnoh as a region.
    I remember sinking a lot of time into HGSS ^.^

Welcome!

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
    Years
  • Hello Lucas!

a675b01bc3b2abfc55bdb623a2bfb9be.gif

Come on in, come on in!

For me gen IV was mainly about HGSS, as I'm not that big on Sinnoh as a region.
    I remember sinking a lot of time into HGSS ^.^

Welcome!

Thats the exact opposite of my experience with Gen 4😅
    I liked GSC, but didn't get into HGSS until recently. Thanks for the welcome!

Back