• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hey All!

Years
  • Hey folks, I am so excited to be back in this excellent community. I have been a member here since circa 2004 but just can't seem to be able to log back into my old account. I have always been a great fan of Rom Hacks and those who work on them. Helped on a few projects back in the day, but they ultimately never went anywhere. I am SO impressed with the Rom Hacking community and the absolutely amazing games you guys are putting out. The scripting is out of this world and the art is incredible. I fell out of the community when I got married back in 2016, but have always stopped in to see what the newest projects were and how they were coming along. While I am here to support others and discuss my passion with like-minded individuals; I also have a purpose for coming back. Recent life events have brought me into a unique position where I find myself with a lot more free-time, and I would like to use some of that time to begin working on my own Pokémon game. I am looking forward to taking my 15+ years of writing experience and relaying it into a unique and fun Pokémon adventure that encompasses a few of my other interests. Very much ready to begin learning the new software and tools that are used to create the masterpieces you folks have been pumping out. I also look forward to speaking with you all about the hobby that we all enjoy. Thanks for having me back.

Years
  • Welcome back to the community! I know nothing about making ROM hacks myself, but I agree with you that there are some very impressive projects out there nowadays!

I'm very interested to hear about your own future project as well. Do you want to make a hack featuring the existing Pokemon or do you want to go the 100% original route and create Fakemon? (or perhaps a combination of both?)

Years
  • Woah, one of the OGs I see? Honored to be at your presence mate. I love playing rom hacks myself, and am floored with just how much it has advanced through the years. I mean seriously, seeing something like this being developed, completely for free, completely out of passion, is nuts.

Also, since you mention story-writing, I believe you'll be conceptualizing a whole new region with a whole new story in your hack? Those are my favorite kinds of games~ Light Platinum, Glazed, Gaia, & Unbound all have a special place in my heart. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors! And just let us know if you need any help with anything. I can only imagine that plenty of stuff has changed in this site since you last visited haha.

Have a good day!

Years
  • Thanks Roni. Very happy to be here. Pokémon Crown looks INCREDIBLE. Love the story idea and the new battle style is so innovative. As far as my own game goes, I often find myself questioning what else is going on in the Pokémon world. I have always felt like there are so many opportunities and possibilities that just haven't been explored yet. I look at what Disney is doing with Star Wars as far as branching out from the Skywalker saga and can't help but to think that there are an infinite number of ways to branch out in the world of Pokémon as well. My game will be more mature and a little darker than your usual mainline Pokémon story. There will be a new region, but I plan to mostly utilize existing Pokémon in the game (though they may look a little different than you are use to). There will be a few new creatures as well. My plan is to use one of Pokémon's most popular conspiracy theories and ramp it up a bit; then create a world based on the fallout from that.

Years
  • Thank you SailorVee. My name is Vito and my friends call me Vee, so great name! I plan to mostly utilize existing Pokémon in the game, but a lot of them will look a little different than what you are use to. My story will revolve around an event that takes place within the new region that will alter the appearances of Pokémon in specific areas of the map. I have already chosen my Starter Trio and began working on some mock-up art for their new appearances. This is going to be a wild ride.

Years
  • Thanks Roni. Very happy to be here. Pokémon Crown looks INCREDIBLE. Love the story idea and the new battle style is so innovative. As far as my own game goes, I often find myself questioning what else is going on in the Pokémon world. I have always felt like there are so many opportunities and possibilities that just haven't been explored yet. I look at what Disney is doing with Star Wars as far as branching out from the Skywalker saga and can't help but to think that there are an infinite number of ways to branch out in the world of Pokémon as well. My game will be more mature and a little darker than your usual mainline Pokémon story. There will be a new region, but I plan to mostly utilize existing Pokémon in the game (though they may look a little different than you are use to). There will be a few new creatures as well. My plan is to use one of Pokémon's most popular conspiracy theories and ramp it up a bit; then create a world based on the fallout from that.
    Oh that sounds proper exciting. Can't wait to see what you have in store! :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh man, you'd probably enjoy writing articles for the Daily too. It's like our own little news site! Welcome to the forum Meta! Your story sounds ambitious, but I've no doubt you'll find the tools and resources you need here. :) Best of luck!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey folks, I am so excited to be back in this excellent community. I have been a member here since circa 2004 but just can't seem to be able to log back into my old account. I have always been a great fan of Rom Hacks and those who work on them. Helped on a few projects back in the day, but they ultimately never went anywhere. I am SO impressed with the Rom Hacking community and the absolutely amazing games you guys are putting out. The scripting is out of this world and the art is incredible. I fell out of the community when I got married back in 2016, but have always stopped in to see what the newest projects were and how they were coming along. While I am here to support others and discuss my passion with like-minded individuals; I also have a purpose for coming back. Recent life events have brought me into a unique position where I find myself with a lot more free-time, and I would like to use some of that time to begin working on my own Pokémon game. I am looking forward to taking my 15+ years of writing experience and relaying it into a unique and fun Pokémon adventure that encompasses a few of my other interests. Very much ready to begin learning the new software and tools that are used to create the masterpieces you folks have been pumping out. I also look forward to speaking with you all about the hobby that we all enjoy. Thanks for having me back.
    Hi, welcome back to PC then! I'm sure things have changed a loooot since you were here back then haha.

15+ years of writing experience?? I'm curious to hear what sort of writing that is :D As I just mentioned in another welcome-thread, I'm currently reading and writing a lot of fanfiction eheheh. As well as scientific articles. Quite different areas!

Good luck with your game projects! The hacking community is huuuge so I'm sure you'll be able to find interested people to help you out if you need be.

Back