• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Pacing

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    How are you with slower anime? Can you sit through them fine or do you get bored?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I find there's a happy middle ground. I don't usually enjoy things that are painfully slow but I get infuriated by shows that rush through too fast to develop anything. I find pacing issues of various varieties are common in anime though because of financial reasons.

The most common issue I've come across with pacing though is a hybrid of the two. You get ten episodes where it's painfully slow and it's all setup and then you get two episodes where the climax comes out of nowhere and is rushed through without a satisfactory ending.

Years
  • I absolutely enjoy super slow pacing in specific types of shows, and have a lot of patience for it in general.

I'm with Don here, although I'm pretty okay with slow pacing in any genre. As long as it's enjoyable seeing characters interact and the worlds are interesting then I'll usually take a slow burner over a 'balls to the wall' action series. Of course there are days where I'd rather just watch people punch things really hard.

Back