• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My Pokemon anime (mostly BW! + Lillie) fanart and comics!

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I love how you use to many different tools to make your art. I think the angry Meowth is my favorite of this batch. He looks so precious all fluffy and frustrated like that. <3333 I would love to see a rendition of that piece that's not on lined paper.

Thank you!!

That'd be fun to redraw, I rushed some bits like his forehead whiskers and things,I could sketch it out better and draw it in my rarely used sketchbook!!

Also, just realized a piece I'm very proud of didn't even upload properly, FFF.

E20F30BF-D7DF-4575-9DE2-0C69C12CF2AA.png

Snowball fight outside Professor Juniper's lab!! ❄️🌨

(Presumably, everyone's getting along, Iris isn't avoiding snow, and Trip's fine with being a kid at least sometimes.)

The snowball fight's inspired by my Miii in Wii Fit U. ^^;

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
58BC4E97-060B-4F3E-B5B7-5973544CD856.jpeg

I went and coloured an old margin doodle for fun!

(Iris is holding an Axew plushie, real Axew's sleeping in her hair! + Trip with windswept hair.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I overcame my fear of drawing in a sketchbook and started using mine!! (I always think it has to be PERFECT to deserve it, otherwise, I just hide in margins and notebooks, and I prefer small things, but small sketchbooks are hard to find, so I doodle in tiny notepads instead...)
alainmairinsmall.png
"You're still here because you were meant for something better."
Alain and Mairin.
(They're surrounded with olive and purple hyacinths!)
The hug wasn't very well-drawn, so cropped out, pfft.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh my gosh, Alain art in your recent post, I miss those moviiiesss ;_;

But man, I just looked through this whole thread, and I love how your art style varies and you use so many different techniques!! I think my favorite are the soft oekaki/digital type pics, and I love how you draw really flowing hair! <3

but the paper cut-outs sent me, I was like aaaahh. What cute ideas....

Love all of this.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Same!!! The Strongest Mega Evolution was something I totally expected to just impress hardcore battling fans, but the characters were so nuanced (particularly by the second Act), they just stole my heart even if I had to wait a half year between Acts... they were the best. I love them dearly!!

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! ;////;

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I felt like drawing, but had no ideas, asked folks on twitter what to draw and got these! ;3;
SwSh spoilers:
Spoiler:

Shamus and Trip x Attack on Titan (either cosplay or AU, but putting it under spoiler tags for [not coloured, as it's a sketch] blood and blades).
Spoiler:

Ritchie and Sparky enjoying a peaceful, relaxing moment!
Spoiler:

An Alolan Raichu that loves tea.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
B4EF3D95-B876-469E-A6C3-F0F66684959E.jpeg

"You were our soft place to fall."

Drawn for a kind and patient friend, Taku, who plays a wonderfully IC Cilan. ;3;

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Here's some artwork I drew some 4 or 5 years ago!!! (Before tumblr's toxicity kind of bled a lot of the character from my art, oops.)
I want to draw more like this again...

Given my favourite characters and ships are usually also special interests of mine, when I play customization/dress-up games, I like to make my characters look like them. So, here's Iris in what I had my CocoPPa Play Iris model dressed in. I had a few drawings like that back then... there was a sleeping pastel-pyjama Iris and Kibago I posted earlier that's also based on my CocoPPa Play model! Maybe I should play again for more fashion inspiration~
irissweets.png

tumblr_inline_nyfohvyuWE1syg92l_500.gifv

This animation was drawn to complete a comic bitterfragile drew!

I drew this as BW! was ending. ;3;
bwtriojump.png

I was always so proud of this piece, I kept it as my icon for the longest time on my first ever tumblr, until I deleted.
Spoiler:

I drew this art of Delia and Ash while heavily referencing the pose off Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea!

Here's a short comic based on a funny Best Wishes! scene, but with my gijinka based on Iris' Emolga and Ash's Snivy.
Spoiler:

bwtriosnow.png

==UNOVA DAILY==
Two young trainers, 10 and 14, severely injured by freak skiiing accident, nearly killed, by over-excited companion, 10, after overcoming lifelong fear of ice and snow.

I drew this after drawing a lonely little Iris with no friends.
irisflowers.png
"Without noticing, they've sprung up all around you, like spring flowers."

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Some more old art!

Eureka/Bonnie side-eyeing something.
eurekaew.png

Alain and Mairing cuddling/skritching their partners and blowing raspberries respectively.
Spoiler:

Old Mairin finds a Mega Stone.
Spoiler:

I proooobably posted this one already, but, Mairin and Chespie enjoying fall!
manonharisan.png

I drew this art of Delia and Ash while heavily referencing the pose off Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea!
hanakomama.png

Iris' fail-proof method for goading Trip into doing anything ever:
Spoiler:

shuai3.jpg

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Thank youuu!! I love that kinda stuff, so! I'm glad it doesn't look a little silly with characters from a more boyish show (the show fortunately has plenty of soft and cute stuff too~)!!

Time for fluffy fanchild art!! This is Lavender, her teen (or preteen?) design was originally by mailmandragonite on tumblr, I fell in love with the character and designed her younger self and drew her a lot with her parents. ;3;

One of the most recent drawings of her in an Axew kigurumi/onesie:
Spoiler:

Lavender and Cilan get really noisy with toy trains and whistles and Iris puts them both in timeout (Cilan sneaks in a train).
Spoiler:

mailmandragonite was inspired by Sailor Moon, so I wanted to draw Iris and Lavender in a Sailor Moon-esque piece, so here they're sleeping in cute, frilly clothes, covered in petals!
Spoiler:

Cilan proudly showing off how Lavender has the entire Nimbasa Subway System memorized to older Ingo and Emmet.
A70E08A0-BF02-4738-8492-C5BAF4A08EB5.jpeg
90B076DC-D882-48C9-92C7-C60A94820135.jpeg

Lavender was very grumpy as a baby/toddler because Cilan and Iris followed her around too much!! (Compensating for their own mostly-on-their-own childhoods? ^^; )

Spoiler:

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I'm trying to draw more freely, stuff that might only really appeal to me!! But I cleaned this one up a little, maybe someone else will like it!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Scromarius

Pokémon Artist
Years
Looking at all these, you seem to like Iris and the BW anime a lot! She's had many great moments, and overall I enjoyed watching the series. There's impressive creativity in making drawings with your own unique scenes of different characters. Great stuff :)

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Looking at all these, you seem to like Iris and the BW anime a lot! She's had many great moments, and overall I enjoyed watching the series. There's impressive creativity in making drawings with your own unique scenes of different characters. Great stuff :)

Thank you so much!! I love her, Shootie, and Lillie the most. ;3; I rewatch BW! a lot!, it's warm and fun and the characters interesting and varied. Happy you enjoyed it too!!

My brother made a water texture in Paint, so I made a scene around it!

rain.png

Some old art!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Aha, the Alain and Mairin one was awesome, and these works are very different! Enjoyed looking at these a lot, keep them coming. Also, the Tsutarja hands drawing is so cool :D

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Thank you!!!
It's supposed to be a newly hatched Tsutarja . <3

A sighing older-looking Shootie? Forgot I made this:
shootiesigh.gif

Attachments

• rain.png
    rain.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Spoiler:

New art! Well, WIP...
In which Professor Juniper takes her students to a country club on a big field trip and just as they're about to take a picture, Bianca runs late, comes rushing in, and knocks EVERYBODY into the pool. Idea by my friend raidpirate who plays a reformed-ish...ish Shamus!
Unpolished sketch! (Sorry, Rosa...)

Spoiler:

"How cuuute! A plush Teddiursa!! I didn't know you had little brothers…!"
"…"
"Little sisters?"
"……"
"No. Way. It's yours?! That's so cuuuute, wahaha, you really are a kid!"
"Just put it back already!"
"No way, it's mine until you tell me if you've named or you gotta reach for it!!"

Here's the finished piece! Iris and Shootie/Trip in the current outfits of my CocoPPa Play models based on them.

+ I fixed this old drawing!!! Iris' skin looked dull and grey, it's now saturated like the rest of the picture! Background was added later and tumblr saved it as jpeg, alas.............
Further context: I made Iris and Shootie models in my old Cocoppa Play game, these were outfits they wore.

Spoiler:

OLD ^^^^ Excuse to draw heart-shaped paw pads. And colourful band-aids like the ones I used to carry around.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Okay, I have some new pieces finally!
Older Hikari and Shootie all dressed-up. RP-based art!
shootiehikarifashion1.png
Same Hikari-playing friend, Nichole, I drew this for after she cheered me up.
Spoiler:

Drawn as a well-wishes gift for an Opal rper! ;3; Better now!
Spoiler:

shoaili-.png
shoaili2.png
Didn't know if I should share these, since I made them for my site, but, there's little pixel art of my favourite characters on it. ;3;

Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Roleplay-inspired art, for a Gou who met Moltres (Koharu took the picture!).
4FA1A28D-D0F9-4974-A03E-B01E51968715.png
RP-inspired art, for a Koharu that secretly takes kyudo classes to destress.
Spoiler:

Alain as Alain Soisson from Rose of Versailles! Specifically, the extra chapter where he confronts the treacherous nobleman who led to his sister's death...
Spoiler:

RP-inspired art again!! My Trip's closest with Ash and Dawn... and a kinda sorta reformed Shamus.
Spoiler:

The doodle attached is a joke is that Trip's a Southern nickname for a "____ the Third," so someone jokingly suggested his real name is "Lawrence the Third." (He doesn't wanna be Flying Palace extra.)

It's an older Trip inviting folks caught out in the rain into a mansion haunted by leery Ghost types, that sure sounds safe. They have tea!
(SO BASICALLY, Litwick mansion again, but with an overdressed Trip in the mix).
Cause of death: drawing an overabundance of lace.

Spoiler:

The other attached one is an old piece! Trip dressed like an Elite/Ace Trainer like his game sprite.

Attachments

• 6764FADD-585C-4045-87E4-846570BFE9D4.jpeg
    6764FADD-585C-4045-87E4-846570BFE9D4.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 8D146A32-56AE-45EA-B5D1-E2A450871985.jpeg
    8D146A32-56AE-45EA-B5D1-E2A450871985.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

QuietDragon

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
A7BD5C6C-4FB6-48A1-8D0A-C93DE8614E8F.png
It's Satoshi/Ash Ketchum!! A birthday gift for my friend Robin (Rohanite). ;3;

Used an older nose style I haven't in a while!! This was very quickly drawn (I was scared he'd go to sleep and miss it!!).

Back