• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grading

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2019
    What's the difference between PSA and becket besides the half point. What one should I go with to grade a card

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Both are very good and reputable companies, so I think it depends more on your needs as a consumer then the company itself.

I use PSA personally. PSA is, generally speaking, better for grading much older Pokémon cards, imo. So if the card you want graded is vintage than you may want to go with them. Beckett tends to grade harder than PSA, so Beckett 10s sell for more than PSA 10s. They are legitimately PRISTINE and 99.9% of the time your card won't come back as a 10 gem mint. But if you're not looking to sell than that might not matter to you. Beckett is a little overpriced because the cases they put the cards in are much bulkier. But if money or space isn't an object to you, than it might be worth it.

No matter who you go with, you're going to be happy with the result.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Also, it depends if the card is even worth grading, a lot of people send off like 1st ed base set commons which arent worth the price it costs to grade usually

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2019
    Also, it depends if the card is even worth grading, a lot of people send off like 1st ed base set commons which arent worth the price it costs to grade usually

I have the hyper rare rainbow tag team Charizard and Reshiram from unbroken bonds. I started collecting with my son and we just wanted to experience grading process

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2019
    PSA is generally the collection community's preferred grader. You'll rarely see Beckett graded Pokemon cards on offer.

All of the above remarks about the two are true.

I have the hyper rare rainbow tag team Charizard and Reshiram from unbroken bonds. I started collecting with my son and we just wanted to experience grading process

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Oh yeah deffo get that graded, it already goes for a lot and is only going to increase in value now that UBO is out of print!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Is there a general guide on what cards are worth grading or is it based on individual research and personal value?

Back