• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Clear Diamond

What song should I add as battle music?

• Linkin Park - Papercut

Votes: 272 69.9%
  • System Of A Down - Chop suey

Votes: 117 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
  • Well, it's good to see someone taking it seriously about making a Sinnoh-based hack so seriously. Though maybe the game's story would need a bit more of development about how Silver ends up on Sinnoh (maybe you should start somewhere around Johto and then start a travel to Sinnoh, kinda to link the events in GSC with the new story. Not to mention to give constant references about Gold)
    Although I dont know how will it work having Silver as the hero, considering how his personality was back in GSC.

It'll be interesting to see him battling Paul, who is kinda like Silver was back then :P

Alright, now, about the game. I'm so glad that, despite we are in Sinnoh, we dont have the horrible palettes from DP. Hope you dont change that.
    Havent seen many changed tiles, except trees, houses and grass, but so far, everything's fine.
    I guess that's all. I'll wait to see more scripting in the game, because that's the key in the game. Good luck with it, Zeikku!

And, to add more to this post, Barker (I mean, Woofer) had the awards prepared early it seems, so here they are, enjoy them!

how14bannerxw4.jpg
    - Big Version
    how14textpe6.png
    - Small Version

Hope you manage to fix all those problems!
    Wow, and award and to have Zel award it too, it's an honor, Thanks dude
    However I agree I think I'll make References to what happened in Johto.
    Kind of have silver speaking too. Like a narrator if you will :)
    And the throughout the game you will see a lot of personality clashes between silver and paul.
    Thats why it was logical to make paul the rival in Sinnoh for silver.
    I plan on changing the tiles, but I may just keep them the way they are for the alpha.
    I haven't shown a lot of script besides the intro D/P like scripts on the first post, mainly because it will give a LOT away. But in the alpha expect some battles with Paul included.
    along with a new evil Team. If I made this Like JUST like D/P I don't think it would beat the original. This week I plan to get the scripting finished as well as the music.
    Maybe add a few more tiles more Greenery I think, the ground you walk on seems to plain. :P

the awards are amazing, cool work Bar, er, Woofer, yeah, Woofer.

anyways, it'll be a bit noisy if Silver and Paul would meet, for they share the same personalities. :laugh:

anyways, wishing you for the best.
    I agree, They do look quite "Funky" :D
    Yeah They's battle it out constantly throughout the game too :P

Wow hack of the week. You seriously deserved it you know that right?

Congrats on being hack of the week, you deserve it
    Hehe, I hope I deserved it lol!
    Thanks man :) support is definitely what this hack needs

I really liked the professor rowan that you just made .
    good luck in completing and editing the game
    is the map of the game released ?

Yeah Rowan took ages to get right, I'm still not 100% satisfied with it though, mainly the pallette seems a little off :P
    I don't think I will give this up at all..I'm doing what zel encourages people to do
    and thats to keep backups.
    And by map of the game, what do you mean exactly?

More updates soon guys, I Have exams so bare with me these few days :)

Thanks again for the support and helping/voting for me to win a HoTW award :D

Last edited:

peirau

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Congrats and keep up the great work i love it ;D.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • is there anywhere we can download from to like test it cos it looks awesome!! :D
    In a week guys, a download 'should' be availiable.

What is This?
    resizedshay.png

Why Does Shaymin Look Like A Dog?
    Also Can I help With Your Hack? :nervous:
    It's Shaymin's sky forme, Even though it's a fake forme, I think I'll keep it for originality purposes. Lol truth is, I already have a team..but If you say what your good at, I'll decide what I need..

Can't believe I've only just noticed that. Zeikku, where did you get that shaymin sprite from? Shaymin is a hedgehog, dude.
    No one reads the first post *cries* ;)
    I scratched the shaymin. I didn't use the scratch paint.net method either :P
    That's shaymins Fake sky forme..

Ok here's some additional information..

Quick Notes
    Guys. I'm pretty sure all of the questions were answered In previous posts.
    Please refrain from asking the same questions :)
    Today I have exams, So don't expect updates.
    After my exam maybe I'll work on scripts or something..
    and sprites will be indexed too :P
    I'm thinking of changing the storyline slightly, mainly because I think I don't think it's the simplest to understand (I'm very picky) :D

Story should be:-
    But lets see, maybe this should happen Before Johto, and explain why silver is so stubborn and mean and what his main objective is.

Recent plans
    I think I'll add new area's too, mapping Sinnoh seems too repetitive and my maps turn kind of square-like If I map them exact.
    That's my a prefer to add noticeable differences and round them up a little.
    Besides I've kept you guys far too long, I have an exam to go to soon :)
    wish me luck,

Zeikku SSJ7

Years
  • is there going to be new screenshots soon i love this hack i cant wait because you keep working a lot harder and i cant wait till the game gets released

jouruichi

Try to be the best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    That's the best diamondhack i've ever seen!
    Good Job!
    Keep up the good work

Darkrai_Killer

Experienced Hacker
    Years
  • Can i be a beta tester when you need one please.
    No matter what other people say i think it is a great hack in the making.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • Just take it slow and take your time making this. I Look Forward To Seeing It's Completion.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hey Zeikku! Your hack is looking amazing! Prof. Rowan looks very great, The battle music sounds very good and refreshing, I'm sure the Paul sprite will look great after your exams are over, I love the textbox(PM me how you did it? XD), and progress looks smooth. This is a very wonderful hack. Congratz on the HoTW! You really deserved it, IMHO. Good luck with the exams and such ;) And, BOL x 10000! :P

Kenneth Alog

Infectus Raiken
    Years
  • Well Ok Zeikku
    I'm Good At Spriting And Scripting, Beta-Testing
    That's It though I can't Insert Scripts
    Also Great Form! Of The Shaymin, May, I use The Sprite?
    Also Good Luck w/ this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back