• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Why all the hate?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2019
    Are Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee going to suck like a lot of people say on YouTube or will they still be fun Pok?mon games? I'm disappointed that Game Freak removed crucial features from the Let's Go games that were in the mainline games such as being able to battle wild Pok?mon. I hope that these new Pok?mon games will be good.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2018
    I'm kinda sad that they removed wild battle because I do enjoy that than capturing Pokemon in a Pokemon Go mechanic. Nevertheless, I think the game could still be fun. I played Pokemon Yellow before without a lot of competitive mechanics so if Gamefreak wants to change the formula a bit to test out what will work for future generations then I'm okay with it.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • They're trying to hook younger kids into the games. I see no problem with that as long as 2019 games are back to normal. Besides, I always wanted a starter Eevee.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2018
    Ok heyy the 3ds game boy games been around since 20 years and its getting boring battling a trainer that has 1 or 3 pokemon all the way to the end of the game. They should add in tournaments we can compete with a.i and clans we can make against or recruit a.i

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    It's a GO/Gen 1 cash grab aimed for pre-schoolers. Easy to pick on for people who aren't loyal fans

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^ what strangerhypno said

I think it's really just the sheer disappointment most people have, because after all the hype about the very first Switch Pokemon game made by Game Freak, it just turns out to be, in the mind in some fans, some gimmicky game aimed towards the causal Pokemon GO audience and children. It's also because of this that older fans feel like they're left out of the dust until the next main series games gets announced/releases.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ages back I said I hoped that gen 8 would be next year, and that a spinoff title would happen this year so that Game Freak had more time to make the new gen game. I didn't pick them making two spinoffs in particular (not that Quest would have been too intensive for them to make), but that was what I wanted in general, so fair enough!

It's Pokemon so I'll probably like it, and while I have my complaints about various aspects pre-launch, some things I am looking forward too as well (e.g. Follow me feature yesss). It's more for other newer players than the "seasoned veteran", but hopefully I will like this substantially.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2019
    Ages back I said I hoped that gen 8 would be next year, and that a spinoff title would happen this year so that Game Freak had more time to make the new gen game. I didn't pick them making two spinoffs in particular (not that Quest would have been too intensive for them to make), but that was what I wanted in general, so fair enough!

It's Pokemon so I'll probably like it, and while I have my complaints about various aspects pre-launch, some things I am looking forward too as well (e.g. Follow me feature yesss). It's more for other newer players than the "seasoned veteran", but hopefully I will like this substantially.

Is Generation 8 really coming in 2019 or is it only speculation? Will Generation 8 be on Nintendo Switch and is it an actual mainline series like Sun and Moon or just a spinoff like the Let's Go games?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Is Generation 8 really coming in 2019 or is it only speculation? Will Generation 8 be on Nintendo Switch and is it an actual mainline series like Sun and Moon or just a spinoff like the Let's Go games?
    They said it will be more like the previous main series games unlike ;GPE, so very safe bet it is gen 8. They also specified it was for the Switch, and no more Pokemon games will happen for the 3DS. (Said when they announced Quest, LGPE and Pokemon Switch 2019.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    1. Most of the complaints comes from the competitive Pokemon players since the competitive scene for these games hardly exists (due to the second reason below).

2. Many game mechanics that the competitive Pokemon players adore are not in these games, further adding fuel to the fire.

3. Many other Pokemon fans see it as a cashgrab since its basically aiming for Pokemon GO players only and is another Kanto remake.

4. Many fans see it as a watered down version of Pokemon Yellow since its aimed at children (even though the entirety of Pokemon is aimed at children).

5. Haters love to hate.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2018
    im kind of excited for the pokemon go style catching, since having kids I don't get a lot of time to play...the switch changed that a lot..so my plan is to do the gyms/trainers by myself so its not 2v1 unfair.
    when I play with my oldest however I plan on using him to catch a lot of pokemon so I can upgrade them

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The reason for all the outcry and hate? Probably because it's pandering/catering to the GO players and complete newbies to the franchise. They watered down the games from the main games QUITE considerably. Such as, removal of abilities and held items....and many people are salty about going back to Kanto.

I don't really care. I'm not gonna hate on the games. I'll try to get a Nintendo Switch during the Holidays if it's on sale, and try to buy the games. If I don't like it, I don't like it, and that's that. But I really think hating on the games when it's not yet out worldwide (it will be in three hours though) is a little stupid, though. Wait until the games are out to tear the game apart.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • To me it seems like a holier-than-thou attitude. People are hating on this because it caters/panders to the new generation, the Pokémon Go generation, and veteran fans don't like it. "How dare you noobs be allowed to have some entry point to MY franchise! Game Freak should be thinking of US!"

I'm 28 years old and I've played Pokémon since Red/Blue came out. I've played every single game of every single generation. I love Pokémon Go and so far I am effing LOVING LGPE. I know it's a stopgap while they develop the next main series game, and with the franchise being as old as it is, of course they've got to find a way of introducing the new Pokémon Go generation to the console games. I'm totally fine with it, and I can't believe there are people that aren't. Actually, yeah I can.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2021
    It's bad enough we're going back to Kanto but they didn't even have the decency to redesign it more. The lack of wild battles is the least of your worries concerning why Pokemon Let's Go is getting hate. Lack of Sevii Islands is another reason to dislike Let's Go.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    the sole reason i was originally unhappy is because i'm desparate for sinnoh remakes, and more kanto remakes just means it'll be pushed back even further (if it ever does happen lmao), since they can't really do two remakes in a row. . . and kanto does seem to get a lot of spotlight. but at the same time, the games are really fun and will introduce a whole new generation of children to the series, so does it even really matter?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    I?ll put in my 2 cents.

I think a lot of the hate these games have been getting (mostly before release) was absolutely uncalled for. I remember seeing a Let?s Go Pikachu and Eevee ?review? where a guy was just trashing the game, and it was uploaded on the 15th. He probably didn?t even have the game yet let alone played enough to review it.

I am 5 gyms in and I?m absolutely loving it. I actually like the catching better this way (I have the pokeball plus). The way the pokeball plus works with these games is so amazing, I love it and would love to see it in the next games. The other thing I?m enjoying is trying to complete the Pok?dex. It?s actually a reasonable goal with only 153 Pok?mon to worry about. I don?t necessarily want to see this in future games, but it?s fine for this one. Pok?mon following and riding is great. The region looks decent in some areas, and really great in others. I really don?t see what there is to hate about these games.

The difficulty seems on par with the rest of the games. It?s not too easy like everyone was saying (again, before release)

I like the games, I would like to see the next games adopt the catching system, although I doubt they will.

Last edited:
    Back