• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydregion Competitively Viable in 7 gen?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Is Hydregion viable? I was thinking about using it but I think it would be completely destroyed by fairies, it's special attack seems good though, what are your thoughts?

Years
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Specs Hydreigon is reasonable in OU since it hits incredibly hard and has good coverage. It's not amazing because of prevalent threats that can tank or outspeed it, but it can cause problems for teams that aren't prepared for it. It's got more sets that are viable in UU like Choice Scarf and Life Orb also but I don't know UU very well. I can't say for VGC.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
What teammates would help him out the most? I don't need movesets or anything it's just an interesting mon in my opinion but thank you so much for letting me know that he is even remotely viable!!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
This is just a quick off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, but stuff like Mega Scizor or Crobat sounds like they'd be ok teammates for Hydreigon, since they check some of what it doesn't like+have priority/good speed respectively to sort of make up for its awkward ass speed stat

Back