• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cynthia stories

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Soo. Cynthia.

Let's tell some stories!

How tough was Cynthia for you when you first battled her for the first time? What was the overall experience like? What do you think of her as a champion as a whole?

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Cynthia is my favorite Champion. Her team is one of the most powerful, diverse and balanced I've ever seen for a Champion in Pokémon games. She doesn't stick with one type like previous gens.

I don't remember my first-ever playthrough of Sinnoh very well, but I can remember others afterward. There was a really funny one where I swept her entire team with a Drapion... but I also recall very tough fights against her. I was way underleveled, probably some 20 or so levels behind. I lost once and had to grind my levels up. Seriously that Garchomp alone is a nightmare to deal with.

She's also in Unova... I don't think her battles there are nearly as exciting though

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cynthia's my favorite Champion, and appropriately, has my favorite Champion battle theme. Her Garchomp and Spiritomb gave me the biggest problems, since Garchomp is fast and hits hard (and has Stone Edge to counter Ice, which caused me problems) , and Spiritomb was fairly bulky combined with having no type weaknesses at the time. I like that she had a wide range of Pokemon and that I couldn't sweep her with just one of my own.

Back