• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rejected: How to make a fan game, from the player's perspective.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    My hope is to have a series discussing the different elements of game design and fan game creation based on what players want rather than what game devs think will work. Being that The PokeCommunity has one of, if not the, biggest fan game community on the internet I think this series would do well on the Daily page. This could also be condensed into one article, however the more in-depth the article is, the more people will be able to take away from and apply it. My goal is to inspire the rom hacking/fan game creating communities to do more with their work, and create better content for the community to enjoy.

I'd cover things like:
    Fakemon- why and why not use them.
    Pokedex- do you really need all of those?
    Original Content- what works? how to make ___?
    Plot- Story is more important than gameplay.
    etc.

I'm sure this list will change.

We'll look at what made the main series games great, and how the players thought they could be improved; as well as why certain fan games got the popularity they did.

Polls can be made to get feedback from the general populous, being that this is from the player's perspective.

I also hope to be able to talk with notable faces in the community and ask their opinions as well. Also being that this would hopefully be a multi-part series other authors can be introduced.
    I have taken classes on and worked in game development before so I know a bit more about the industry than most, and I feel like my insight along with that of others in the community will make for a very interesting and hopefully inspiring series.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    that sounds good. Do you collect any good idea?
    In my opinion, It should be convenient, friendly theme, and easy to play in both pc and phone.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • This seems like a bumped thread from 16 days ago. It also seems like an open letter to game devs containing a wishlist of things you want in a game. Even if the original thread owner does return, I don't think this idea would work.

giving this a -1 for now

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Sounds really condescending and from the way you are describing it, the article seems as if the player is trying to teach game developers how to do their job. :/ If this was about what YOU want in a fan game, this could be an acceptable editorial. Sorry, not a fan of this idea atm.

Back