• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If the unaired "Rocket-dan VS. Plasma-dan!" two-parter were to finally air...

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    ...how would they air it?

It's been over six years since the Tohoku tsunami that caused the airing of the two-parter to be cancelled, and on the following day, TV Tokyo promised us they'd air the episode at a later date, on their website. Since then, there was no announcement, and we've gotten Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes (Season 2: Episode N). Because of that, we haven't seen what became of Flint or the Meteonite.

If the two-parter were to finally air, how would TV Tokyo air it?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Even if it were to ever air, it would be meaningless now. Best Wishes is long over... how would they even make this make any sense when S/M is the season airing now? If they did, however, I'm sure they'd air it as a double length episode, rather than airing it as two parts. "An hour special" what have you.

But as I said, since S/M is the series airing now, it wouldn't make sense at all for this to air.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I don't think it would impact the overall perception of Best Wishes anyway... in everybody's mind it will remain as a worst series of Pokemon ever.

Still I would like to see it tho...

Years
  • Mezzo's post is the most agreeable one. There is literally no point to air these episodes since Best Wishes ended way back in 2013 and we're now in the 7th Generation with the Sun & Moon series, which is more lighthearted and childish than previous sagas so having such a violent episode like these two would feel extremely out-of-place.

Then there's also the fact Japan has extreme sensitivity when it comes to earthquake scenes in TV shows and movies. It also explained why one AG episode in 2004 got pulled entirely a week before it was due to air, due to an earthquake hitting Japan in that timeframe.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    If there's enough demand they could still show it if they wanted to, but it would likely be online and not on television or maybe at a convention or at the Pokémon Mega Center in Toyko.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    They will never air it and I don't say it because of Sun and Moon but because it was retconned.

What happened in those episodes is not canon anymore so showing them is not important.

I'm disappointed though. I wanted to see Team Plasma with their "Medieval" suits rather than with their "Gangster" suit and it's sad hat their appearance was short and only after the Unova League.

Back