• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] CiCi's Not-So-Gothic-and-Dark Adventures

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

CiCi's Galar Journey

Pokémon I want on my team:
    Raichu
    Weavile
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

clipart-halloween-divider.png

Day 1: We say 'mate' and 'brilliant' and 'mum', yet use inches instead of centimeters. I'm unsure of where I am.

Anyway, after far too much meandering with my… Excitable neighbor, Hop, I chose sobble as my starter and called him Siddik (pronounced: Seh-Deek).

1.png
    Siddik being a cutie and the best part of the game thus far.

And after wandering into the woods then back again, I got some poké balls from my mother and caught my first Pokémon, a rookidee I named Persephone, and my second Pokémon right after, a wooloo named Vivi.

2.png
    Look how tiny!

Then there was more meandering in the Pokémon research center, blah blah. I hurried through all of the socialization to get back out there and we headed to Professor Magnolia. Right outside of her house, I caught a Galarian zigzagoon which I named Ezekiel.

Hop's second battle was a flop. Vivi took out all three of his Pokémon with her stomp attack. She stronk.

It takes forever, and on my way back to the train station I come across a nickit, caught her, and named her Mayberry; then a yamper that I caught and named Wyatt. Then I finally get on the damn train with all the irritating people (and obviously Hop) and when the train made it to the next station, I tried to run away but Sonia wouldn't shut up. God, these people…

3.png
    At least I was able to get a new outfit! Finally, something that matches me. Love the plaid pants ♥

1200px-816Sobble.png
    Siddik ♂

821.png
    Persephone ♀

1200px-831Wooloo.png
    Vivi ♀

1200px-263Zigzagoon-Galar.png
    Ezekiel ♂

827.png
    Mayberry ♀

835Yamper.png
    Wyatt ♂

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I'm going to be playing Shield, and my SO is going to be playing Sword as well! Do y'all have multiple Switches, or just the one? We only have one, so we'll be sharing.

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    We have two Switches! :D So we'll be playing together, lucky us. We bought the second Switch originally for my fiancée's cub scout meetings (they were playing with the Labo and building stuff) but since they've been doing other things, we brought the Switch home with us.

Are you guys going to watch each other play or are you avoiding spoilers? 'Cuz I've been avoiding spoilers where I can.

Years
  • I've pretty much seen most spoilers; my SO hasn't paid attention at all. He doesn't really play much, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal if I hog the Switch :B

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    That's what I did when we got Breath of the Wild :P We only had the one Switch then and I didn't want spoilers, so I hogged the console for hours. Oops :D

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

CiCi's Galar Journey, Part 2

Raichu
    Weavile
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

I tried to catch a haunter but it was too gud so I had to get Vivi out to run away. I was going to set up camp but the ridiculously long stairs called me and I was hoping to have my first gym battle there. Got distracted by fishing for a shellder that I called Dennis, and then I signed up to compete in gyms.

4.png
    Interesting.

Too bad it was a tease and I wasn't fighting anyone there. Weird place to have a giant stadium full of people. I'd fought some Team Yell losers and Dennis had proved to me that he kinda sucked, so by this point, I needed some uplifting. I found it on the next route, luckily. Caught another wonderful doggo, a growlithe who I called Kane.

Then I got chased out of route 3 by a horde of other growlithe who were possibly his family members, so I went to play with my Pokémon for a while, where I got lots of nice pictures!

5.png
    Tried to get a family portrait but they're just as uncooperative as all my pets. And Vivi is apparently a bit of an attention seeker.

6.png
    I got Kane and Persephone to come over to me, but neither of them trusted the other so they didn't stick around for long.

7.png
    Then I played fetch with Wyatt who had a great time!

8.png
    Innit he cute?

9.png
    Aww, he's such a happy pup!

10.png
    I think Siddik wanted some attention, too. He walked real slow up to me looking all cute.

11.png
    I don't think he and Vivi liked the feather toy much, though.

12.png
    Vivi liked the ball! But Siddik peaced out.

Then we were on our way once again! With my spirits lifted, we made our way through route 3. There, I caught a stunky and named her Milly, then found another camper and decided to join her for a bit of fun and horseplay.

13.png
    Wyatt wasn't quite sure about that vulpix.

14.png
    Ezekiel got into the feather toy, though!

15.png
    Wyatt tried to show a stufful the beauty of the feather toy. Things didn't go well.

After a delibird threw things at us and we came across some really odd looking bug-type Pokémon, I found a mine that I needed to traverse to get to Turffield for my very first gym battle. With a dude who looks like a kid who took a bunch of steroids. Damn he weird lookin. Oh, and my Siddik evolved! Into… Er… Something really weird lookin.

16.png
    I look pretty fly, though.

Then there was this guy with a serious weakness to dark-type Pokémon. I saw him at the Gym registrations and didn't think much of him. Still don't.

17.png
    Bede was the real joke. Kane swept his whole team with his bite attack.

Then I finally, FINALLY came upon Turffield after fleeing from the ugliest meowth I've ever seen. Caught a small pumpkaboo who I named Sandie and a cute electrike who I named Zappers.

I cleaned out Turffield before heading up to the hill where Sonia talked my ear off about some Darkest Day or something that I really didn't care about. But it gave me a chance to think about my upcoming match and which Pokémon I was going to use for the Gym battle!

18.png
    Plus this view was pretty dope.

Team thus far:

817.png
    Siddik ♂ Level 18

821.png
    Persephone ♀ Level 17

1200px-831Wooloo.png
    Vivi ♀ Level 16

1200px-263Zigzagoon-Galar.png
    Ezekiel ♂ Level 16

1200px-058Growlithe.png
    Kane ♂ Level 16

835Yamper.png
    Wyatt ♂ Level 16

picture.php

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh hell yeah, mood music!!!

I love your Pokémon's nicknames a lot. And your athlete number. Very good choices all around.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

CiCi's Galar Journey, Part 2
    Milo's Gym

Raichu
    Weavile
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

After a good night's sleep, I was ready to tackle my first Gym! I wasn't worried. With flying-type moves and fire-type moves, I was well prepared, and first Gyms are nearly always easy. During the Gym Challenge, Persephone evolved!

19gif.gif
    Good girl!

20.jpg
    Walking in this Gym like I own the place.

This was not only my first time in a Gym but it was also my first time Dynamaxing! Gimmicky as all hell.

21.png
    This eldegoss thinks he got me.

22.png
    23.png
    24.jpg
    Ain't got nothin' on Persephone.

After definitely the toughest battle of my life (Blue better watch his back), Persephone and I defeated Milo! Earning us this… Badge thing. I wasn't paying attention, really.

25.jpg
    26.png

So we continued on! I was interviewed by Gabby and Ty Gillian and Cam via Pokémon battle and came upon the Pokémon Nursery. They 'find' eggs when you leave two opposite sexed Pokémon together. Right. I also don't know what that wobbuffet is doing to that other wobbuffet.

... Sorry for that image. Anyway! Here's an even weirder image for you!

27.png
    Seriously, what the flying hog monkeys is that… Is that a sentient apple with a worm for a tail?

Then I found another camper and decided to wreck their campsite, too. He had lots of baby Pokémon and Vivi (and later Persephone, who gained 400 exp from it) had a great time playing with them!

28.png
    Here's me playing with his pichu, Chu, and pretending like I'm not jealous that I don't have one.

29.png
    Vivi and that wynaut were having a nice time while I was doing that.

I crossed the bridge nearby and ran into my good, irritating buddy, Hop. He warned me that he was going to battle me. Lame. Blue would've just railed destroyed me right then and there without warning, but Hop gave me a chance to go back and heal. I did not. Even though one of my Pokémon was knocked out, I fought anyway, leading with our friend, Wyatt!

30.png
    Such a good boi! ♥♥

31.jpg
    Then we had a classic rival battle.

32.png
    Totally not mad I just wrecked him.

I headed back into the wilds south of Motostoke to see if I could catch anything. But I quickly found that, without Nessa's badge, I wasn't going to get anything good. So I decided to play with my Pokémon for a bit instead.

33.png
    Siddik was happy for some attention!

34.png
    Definitely didn't take a picture of his cute little lizard butt.

35.png
    Why the hell a chameleon wants to play fetch is beyond me but at least he's happy.

36.png
    The disrespect!

37.png
    I think my dogs are broken. My sheep just herded them.

38.png
    39.png
    Feather toy fun times!

40.png
    Many doggos.

41.png
    Persephone really likes playing ball. She stole this from Wyatt before he got a chance. (I just noticed Vivi is upside down here)

42.png
    Dog butt!

When I finally moved on to get to Nessa's Gym, I came across something… Familiar.

43.png
    Seriously, wtfhm is that!?!

I continued straight from here to Nessa's Gym, so I don't remember the levels or stats of my Pokémon at this point, but I will list my party in the next section, so stay tuned! Part 4 has much change waiting within!

picture.php

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

CiCi's Galar Journey, Part 3
    Nessa's Gym & the Galarian Mine No. 2

Raichu
    Weavile
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

Right before I went to Nessa's Gym, I saw that camp with all the cute baby Pokémon and decided to stop in for a quick visit. Persephone joined me and had a wonderful, 400 exp gaining time!

44.jpg
    Look how happy Persephone is!

45.png
    Munchlax stole the ball.

46.png
    Then cleffa stole the ball from him.

47.jpg
    I tried to play with Marcello but he was having none of it.

48.png
    And of course I called Chu over for some playtime! So cute ♥

Then it was onto Nessa's Gym! Her waterfall puzzle was fun and the end was a touch tricky, but overall it was pretty easy.

49.png
    Heart butt ♥

50.png
    Wyatt does not even care.

51.png
    So I ran into the Gym, ready for battle!

It was quite easy. Unfortunate, because I enjoy a challenge. At least Wyatt got knocked out, that gave me a little more to enjoy.

52.jpg
    Gigantimax drednaw thinks he's won.

53.png
    Not if Vivi has anything to say about it!

54.jpg

Well, Vivi didn't get to say much. Her fighting-type move, double kick, did even less than her stomp attack. I used her last bit of health to bring Wyatt back and finished this match with a nice spark.

55.png
    Holy crap, Nessa had huge hands.

After seeing Chairman Rose in his underwear (yikes) at the seafood restaurant, I had to wash my brain of the image and continue on my journey by going into the mines.

56.png
    Caught a drunk-looking croagunk and named him Hex.

57gif.gif
    It made Ezekiel evolve! ♥♥

Then I ran into a familiar, annoying face. And it wasn't Hop.

58.png
    Funny, I said something similar when I saw him. Something along the lines of, "oh no, not you again…"

Despite his Galarian ponyta tacked onto his team, he has a very bad weakness to dark-type moves.

59gif.gif
    That battle made my Wyatt evolve! Such a good doggo!! ♥♥ I love him!

My Pokémon and I made our way through the mines, avoiding the weird looking poké balls because they're apparently ursaring trap-type Pokémon trying to bite my leg off. Hop joined me in the fight against some Team Obnoxious goons and we swept the floor with them (Wyatt is such a good, cute boi!!). He and I found the fire-type Gym Leader whose name I don't remember because I never pay attention. Then we exited the mines and headed off the Budew Drop Inn for some well deserved rest! I think Hop said it best.

60.png
    'The flying hog monkeys does that even mean?

Okay, I lied in my last update — I decided to break up this and my Dynamaxing adventures post and since I played right through to all of that, I don't have an accurate list of my team. But I will be posting the rest of this adventure today anyway so you'll get to see my up-to-date team anyway! Stick around for my Dynamaxing and Breeding adventures!

picture.php

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

CiCi's Galar Journey, Part 4
    Dynamaxing and Breeding Adventures!

Raichu
    Weavile ✔
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

I knew I could catch a sneasel nearby Motostoke, so rather than heading to the Inn for some sleep, I headed out into the field for some fun! I also caught a Carkol from the first Galarian Mine and named her Nonna, to be used as a flame body nanny for breeding. I collected some Watts from those stones in the wilds and battled a few giant Pokes for some TRs. Got really nice ones in poison jab and crunch! Crunch is great for Wyatt now that he has the Strong Jaw ability. Ezekiel was the one to earn me the crunch TR.

61.png

62.png

63.png
    That boy be crazy as hell I tells ya.

I went off and gathered a couple of ghost-types because I like them. Little did I know, they were going to come in very handy later.

64.png
    Caught a ghastly and named her Necronis.

65.png
    Then I caught a duskull and named him Krampus.

66gif.gif
    That made Necronis evolve!

Too bad Necronis has the brave nature. Horrible for a gengar. I decided to go to the nursery and try to breed. I traded a rando for a ralts with the Synchronize ability and began breeding for as many natures as I could. On the way to the nursery, I stopped by a few glowing stones for some giant monster death battles first.

67.png
    Wyatt is such a good doggo! ♥♥

68.png

69.png

70.png

71.png

72.png

73.png
    Then I used Siddik for one since he's never Dynamaxed before.

74.png
    He's excited about it.

75.png

76.png
    Nice max water pulse

77.png
    Didn't finish trubbish off, though, so I had him use his max strike, too.

I made it the nursery with my ralts and got out Krampus for breeding. About an hour and a half of very boring breeding occurred with me getting at least 30 ralts (some doubles in terms of nature) before I eventually got an adamant ralts to use for a sneasel.

78.png
    Here he be! An adamant sneasel that I named Reaper.

Excited but exhausted, I headed back into town to reward myself. I hadn't been able to afford new shoes up until this point and I was getting tired of the brown kicks clashing with my all black ensemble.

79.png
    Check out my new nikes!

Then it was time to head to Budew Drop Inn. But I will save that adventure for the next update.

Current team:

817.png

Siddik ♂
    Level 28
    Timid

264Linoone-Galar.png

Ezekiel ♂
    Level 25
    Naughty

1200px-058Growlithe.png

Kane ♂