• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
i know i have clicked the right rom.

i jsut really need to know the number for the trainer back sprite male and female and the other main chr image

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
sorry I was talking about the post above you I should of used quates
but for your problem trainers back sprites are un-compresed so you need tile molester unzls gba is compresed images

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
sorry I was talking about the post above you I should of used quates
but for your problem trainers back sprites are un-compresed so you need tile molester unzls gba is compresed images
thank you tons! even if i feel dumb. what about the ones where your chooseing gender. like when oaks talking? them too?

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
does anyone know all of fire reds special commands, and what they do? i use xse script editor.
i mainly need all of the music special commands, but a complete list will help even more.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
does anyone know all of fire reds special commands, and what they do? i use xse script editor.
i mainly need all of the music special commands, but a complete list will help even more.

Last I checked there was a list in the XSE guide 0.o

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
It would appear that I randomly hear pokemon cries while traveling the overworld in any maps that i create from scratch. Anybody else get this problem or know how to fix it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It would appear that I randomly hear pokemon cries while traveling the overworld in any maps that i create from scratch. Anybody else get this problem or know how to fix it?

That happens in ANY route at all, even the actual games. It isn't a bug or a problem, but makes the map more natural.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

That happens in ANY route at all, even the actual games. It isn't a bug or a problem, but makes the map more natural.

Yeah, and if I recall correctly, the cries you hear depend on the actual wild Pokémon in the area you're in.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Yeah, and if I recall correctly, the cries you hear depend on the actual wild Pokémon in the area you're in.

But it is kinda interesting to know if it can be stopped. But that is handy, as if I recall, isn't the pokemon that cries the next you encounter? I may have my facts mixed up there.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

But it is kinda interesting to know if it can be stopped. But that is handy, as if I recall, isn't the pokemon that cries the next you encounter? I may have my facts mixed up there.

I actually doubt that. I think it's just random, though I never looked into it. As for stopping it... well... ASM is the only way.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
I've been playing around with how to make an item appear in the overworld.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
hidesprite 0x02
release
end

Can someone tell me what's wrong with that? Not only does the item reappear after it gets picked up, but the text reads "en't [break] available..."

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
That's the thing, I have done that...

Below contains the screenshot, and regardless if I export palette or not - it's still messed up.

First, put a new offset for the sprite. Then check Auto Fix Pointers and Import Image, and then Write to ROM.
After doing so, uncheck import image and check import pallete, give a new offset for the pallete and then Write to ROM.

Spoiler:

Can someone tell me what's wrong with that? Not only does the item reappear after it gets picked up, but the text reads "en't [break] available..."

ever heard of the Script Help Thread?

that's normal. we're suppose to hear PKMN cries if we're on a route.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
hidesprite 0x02
release
end

you need a set flag pluse wroung place it should be in script help thread

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is there any program that could edit every Pokemon Trainer's roster in Pokemon Crystal? Also if it's a hex editor, can someone give me a link to a tutorial on how to change trainer rosters in Crystal?

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
hidesprite 0x02
release
end

You must be using my base. Sorry, my bad, the text is a glitch that resulted from the cleaning algorithm. I posted on the Engine thread a fix, and next version will come with it fixed.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
where is this xse guide? i cannot find it

Here is a list I have compiled over the years.
IF YOU ARE USING JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine, DO NOT USE THE SPECIALS THAT HE CHANGED
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back