• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Really love the hack! and would love to contribute.
Here's my edit of Blue's costume to look more like his FRLG design.

I'll happily dummy up some walking sprites too if you need. I'd also be happy to try and make a more DS style Leaf sprite if you don't want to use her FRLG backsprites and Trainer sprite.

I've also taken a stab at changing the Palette of the Gold to Red on the Top and Bottom screens.
I was also thinking Blue instead of Green for the Start menu to tie into Red and Blue.

Those look great, thanks. You can send me the files whenever and I'll put them in the next release and give you credits.

And yes if you could remake Leafs backsprite and finish her animations that would be great. Remember to keep it 16 colors.

This is the sprite I used:

may_and_leaf_dpphgss_styled_by_tebited15.png

Nice! Did you also apply the "60 fps"?

It makes the gameplay too fast like the game is being fast forwarded. People can apply the patch themselves if they like it.
coughthatisnotaNidorancough...

Nidorina*

Sorry typo. I couldn't originally tell in Red's intro, but it's actually supposed to be a Nidorino.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
title screen you did
if it okay that you can fix the one you did so it wont look like a mess

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
how do we make it 60fps?

That's explained in this tutorial.

EDIT:
I would also like to replace Blue with a version that looks more like the original games, but the only versions I can find only include walking sprites.

Walking as in full body sprites?
If so this might help, HG/SS Styled OWs/MiniSprites for him and they're free to use as long as proper credits are given.
If you only found those kind of sprites, why would you need his other frames?
He never run, fish or use a bike in the games, it'd be pointless for him to have anything but his walking frames.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Love the game just a question are you going to make the lavender graveyard plot?

The Lavender radio tower? Yes but it will take some work to remap it.
Walking as in full body sprites?
If so this might help, HG/SS Styled OWs/MiniSprites for him and they're free to use as long as proper credits are given.
If you only found those kind of sprites, why would you need his other frames?
He never run, fish or use a bike in the games, it'd be pointless for him to have anything but his walking frames.

Yeah I just need the walking sprite I guess. I found another one I liked though instead of that one.

The_Zeikku

Don't step into the grass! Wild Pokémon live in th
Years
This is incredible. Glad to see people making classic remakes using the DS games. What will you do with the Johto region? You could always restructure a story for that?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 10, 2019
(I private messaged you these but idk if you saw them) So i decided to make some sprites of Blue, being more reminiscent of the fire red design. Since this is 3 years before the vanilla HG, i'd think that they still wear their clothing from fire red! with a few pallete edits to be a little more like MRDS's trainer sprites i think it'd look great (if you don't already have them)
http://imgur.com/a/Uvzep
I hope you take these into consideration!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 7, 2017
All links doesn't work. I keep retry to download but file is always corrupted with 8.7k sized. please upload your copy on new links.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hi, i just finished the latest version. I found some bugs.. the first is in the route next to vermillion city ( a bugged pokemon lv 0), the next one is in the rock tunnel (a trainer with a meowth doing strange moves) and the latest one is the double battle against the trainers near to snorlax. The battle freeze.

There are also some minor text bug but they have less importance.

Hope i helped you.

Back