• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will there be a Loch Ness Monster?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Like a shiny Gyarados in a lake somewhere up north? Oh wait..

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Probably could go in New Pokemon speculation, but I think it is possible that they could use the Loch Ness monster as a Legendary or they could use it as a fossil.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It seems like a good opportunity make a water/dragon type here yeah. It doesn't really matter at this point that "there is already another pokémon similar to this concept" because they have doubled down on designs and similar concepts several times over by now.

However, Gyarados in Johto kind of did have this kind of function in a way ahah... Although not really mysteriously, other than that it was enraged. Perhaps there could be a mini-plot involving watching for the monster or even luring it out, and that would provide some nice clue to the overall plot or just kind of be part of some cool character arc.

Yeah, I know. I'm having way too high expectations on plot here. It's pokémon, not a proper plot driven game d: sorry.

Years
  • Perhaps! We'll just have to wait and see, although one wonders whether or not Lapras is also similar to this kind of concept...

Back