• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best for last

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm eating a sandwich right now and I notice I'm doing this thing where I eat the crust first because I don't like it, so I can enjoy the rest of the sandwich after with no crusty bites getting in the way

I've done this since I was a kid, with whatever I'm eating - I'll always eat the things I don't like first to get them out of the way, then I can enjoy the things I like after. I guess I am this way because I hate wasting food in general - if I'm going to be eating everything on this plate it just makes sense to me to start with the things I don't like even though I run the risk of being full before I get to the things I do like, and then at that point I'm just not having fun anymore because cramming even my favourite foods down when I'm already full isn't enjoyable

does anyone else do this or am I just a massive weirdo

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
That is pretty weird. I get not wanting to be wasteful, but surely you can do something else with them. I'd rather give them to an animal or someone who did like them.

My mother always did this with me with crutons on her salad. I'd gladly eat them for her.

But if it works for you! There is other usefulness in that approach.

Not with food, but I do a similar approach with daily obligations. I like to get the worst stuff done first so then the rest of the day is smooth sailing. Without any of the dread of the upcoming stuff you don't want to do. Get that over asap then you won't even need to dwell.
And I also regularly 'save' the good stuff for that perfect time when enjoyment will be optimal. It's why I take so long to watch a series or something I love, because I want to savor it.
And on the flip side, I'll rush through things I don't, or quit entirely.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
No I do that too, and I will finish a meal unless it fell on some nasty musty floor

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
OMG I do that too!

I really needed to force myself to eat the things I didn't like first when I was a kid, otherwise I'd just leave them there. Never managed to get rid of that habit since.

Years
I mean, if I really don't like something I just won't eat it and will let someone else have it or whatever. That being said, I do eat my food in ascending order of preference haha

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
I also done that sandwich thing before but I eat the crust not because I don't like it tho. I also do it with fried chicken, I eat the outer skin first by peeling and not by biting then I eat the white flesh inside after that. I guess it's a habit since I was small.

Years
I'm eating a sandwich right now and I notice I'm doing this thing where I eat the crust first because I don't like it, so I can enjoy the rest of the sandwich after with no crusty bites getting in the way

Not sure about where you live, but here in England they do a bread that comes without crusts, I think I tried it once and it was good for toasting.

Back