• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there any working Nietendo 3DS emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    Hey Guys,I want to know that is there any working 3DS emulator which can play Pokemon X and Y?
    Please say yes and provide the download link because I really want to play XY games.

If No when will be they available?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • There is Citra but hasn't quite reached the stage where it can fully emulate retail games with ease. It's primarily used for homebrew development.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • This is illegal and nothing exists to emulate anyways. You need a 3DS, 2DS or New 3DS and a copy of X/Y to play.

Emulators aren't illegal. ROMs are, unless you dump them from your own carts.

To the OP: no, no and no. Come back in two years. Only way to pirate XY currently is with a real 3DS and the Gateway flashcart.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • There's two answers to this question:

Do 3DS emulators exist? Yes, one does exist. However, it can only run mostly homebrew games and some retail games, albeit extremely slowly.

But if you want to know if there's one that functions well, then the answer is absolutely not. I'd give it two years at the very least, and even then we'll probably be lucky if it runs even near 100% on higher-end(ish) hardware.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    There's two answers to this question:

Do 3DS emulators exist? Yes, one does exist. However, it can only run mostly homebrew games and some retail games, albeit extremely slowly.

But if you want to know if there's one that functions well, then the answer is absolutely not. I'd give it two years at the very least, and even then we'll probably be lucky if it runs even near 100% on higher-end(ish) hardware.
    On an unrelated note: Luckily at least the homebrew is on the way regardless. An application similar to Riivolution (Wii) that patches files on-the-fly is already in development for the 3DS (albeit not very far in - it's going to take quite a fair amount of time I believe).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    A necro for a thread that's not in the right section :thonk:

Going to close this and hopefully not get yelled at by a certain Who

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A necro for a thread that's not in the right section :thonk:

Going to close this and hopefully not get yelled at by a certain Who
    Not at all. Thanks for mopping up while I?m sleeping <3

He also joined today, made 5 quick posts and then dropped a link in the post above. Such things are always suspicious. I edited out the link rather than clicking on it.
    :}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back