• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) Videos

Years
  • FYI:
    Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is an experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia and may overlap with frisson.

Here are some examples: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Do these videos do anything for you?
    Personally, they do nothing for me but making me cringe. I know they do work for some people, though.

Some of them are really funny, though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ASMR videos are really neat, and I do feel that they are satisfying to say the least. I don't quite feel the sensory aspect of them, but if I really do focus with my eyes shut, it does seem like they are right next to me.

Years
  • If I get videos containing certain triggers, I can definitely feel something, often pretty strongly. Those videos in particular though, not really. Well, the third one maybe. I know the last one would cause me to rage and find something else because I cannot stand those kinds of sounds.

I actually use ASMR videos to try to sleep, because even if I don't end up feeling anything, often just the sound of peoples' voices will help me relax enough to doze off.

Years
  • to me asmr is a lil bit... ugh. but there are some people who finds it relaxing that it helps them fall asleep or feel a certain feeling ;)

Back