• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
huh? im LOOKING for the location in hex for or dec for it doesnt matter.
all i can do is use pallette viewer and save the pal. im trying to find it in APE
You people know nothing these days. When you look at palette viewer in VBA, you see a lot of colors, right. Well find the string of colors you need. Click on the first one, and you get a hex value for it right? Just reverse it. Write it down in notepad, and continue doing this for all the colors needed(you might want to add a few to the front or end of it too, to be more accurate). Search for this string in a hex editor, and plug the offsets into APE until you find the one you want.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
that really makes no sense to me

im trying to find the pal for oak. there are 2 pals for him just like the main hero

im not sure how your method would help me.... do anything

the finding the one i want is exactly what im trying to do...

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
that really makes no sense to me

im trying to find the pal for oak. there are 2 pals for him just like the main hero

im not sure how your method would help me.... do anything

the finding the one i want is exactly what im trying to do...
What part did you not understand? It's a really simple concept, actually.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
Where are people getting the desert / winter tiles from for the overworld? Is there a place to download those?

I'm noticing that a lot of people have desert / snow backgrounds. Where are people getting those tiles?

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
Where are people getting the desert / winter tiles from for the overworld? Is there a place to download those?

I'm noticing that a lot of people have desert / snow backgrounds. Where are people getting those tiles?

There are some in the Pixel Art forum. Or google it.

Hohoo

SOMG!1
Years
I have a problem with Pokémon Gold.

I've made Cherrygrove City, Route 29, New Bark Town and Route 27 a big water route with no grass at all. The problem is that there was already water in Cherrygrove, New Bark and Route 27 but not in Route 29 - so no wild Pokémon appear in that map.

So, how do I create or remove wild Pokémon data?

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hmmm. I've had this question for almost a month. It has never been answered.

Before you attempt to answer it, understand that in Advance Map, I have all the map banks correct on the warps. Even when I hit "Goto", the warp works.

Now, when I play it in the game, and I walk into the door, it takes me to another map, except I cannot move, I'm invisible, and I believe I'm out of bounds. I changed the map height and width, and checked if I had a warp out of bounds. I did not.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

In addition to my previous problem, whenever I open up IconEd, I get the message "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch".
I get the program to open up, but when I load my ROM, it says that. I tried a clean ROM, and my hacked ROM. Any help here?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
You people know nothing these days. When you look at palette viewer in VBA, you see a lot of colors, right. Well find the string of colors you need. Click on the first one, and you get a hex value for it right? Just reverse it. Write it down in notepad, and continue doing this for all the colors needed(you might want to add a few to the front or end of it too, to be more accurate). Search for this string in a hex editor, and plug the offsets into APE until you find the one you want.
alright let me try and take this a step at a time...

yes of course there are alot of colors.
yes, the "string" i need is the sprite palete

alright i click the first and yes there is a hex value.. but reverse it? huh? you mean change it to dec form? how will that help?
and how does that get me the offsets for ape

and it jsut seems like a round about way of doing what i was already doing. which was saving the pal and importing it into ape to use the 'load from searched' feature

and when i didi that the issue was that ape told me the pal was not found

May someone please answer my question?
alright. so the only way i can think to do it is to open up the scripts and edit each and every dialouge one at a time. but i wouldnt know much. i sugest you search out someone who's done what your trying to do and ask them directly

Before you attempt to answer it, understand that in Advance Map, I have all the map banks correct on the warps. Even when I hit "Goto", the warp works.

Now, when I play it in the game, and I walk into the door, it takes me to another map, except I cannot move, I'm invisible, and I believe I'm out of bounds. I changed the map height and width, and checked if I had a warp out of bounds. I did not.

In addition to my previous problem, whenever I open up IconEd, I get the message "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch".
I get the program to open up, but when I load my ROM, it says that. I tried a clean ROM, and my hacked ROM. Any help here?
maybe iconED isnt compatable with the rom your using. are you using a dppt rom or somthing? cus i dont think it will work with those

also maybe you have a random warp out in the middle of nowhere and thats where your going to. check for an extra warp you may have overlooked. if there isnt one then ive never heard of anything that weird happening. maybe you should open up your world map in game and see where you are after the warp. maybe thatll give you a place to start lookign for an answer

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years

I found a simple solution: save to map some where on your computer, open it again and insert it over the map that gives you the problems. It's not the most elegant way of solving it, but it gets the job done and that's what counts.

To save a map go to: file > map... > save map as...
To open it again go to: file > map... > open map...
To insert it over the map: file > map... > insert map

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
does anyone know what the images from 241 ish to 248ish (the charizard, venasuar, blastiose, and pikachu) are for

and also how do i find out the proper pal for objects in ape

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
oh thats an interesting tidbit. thanks.

how about the other q? do you know how to find the offsets for the pals i need in APE?

ex: the hero 1 and 2 pals on this tut

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4904923&highlight=replace+hero#post4904923

only i need them for the prof, rival and female ch.

and i need to learn to find them on my own. who should i ask?

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! lol

seriously. im editing so many things i need to learn how to edit pals and i dont know how to find the one that goes to what im editing in ape unless someone tells me

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
alright let me try and take this a step at a time...

yes of course there are alot of colors.
yes, the "string" i need is the sprite palete

alright i click the first and yes there is a hex value.. but reverse it? huh? you mean change it to dec form? how will that help?
and how does that get me the offsets for ape

and it jsut seems like a round about way of doing what i was already doing. which was saving the pal and importing it into ape to use the 'load from searched' feature

and when i didi that the issue was that ape told me the pal was not found
Wth? How did you get "change to dec" from reversing. If you don't know how to reverse a hex value, you need to read a tut. Look for one by Thethethethe, he knows a lot on the subject. The value 13E5 reversed is E513. Continue this for the rest of the colors. Look for the string in a hex editor. Like I already said. very simple.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Wth? How did you get "change to dec" from reversing. If you don't know how to reverse a hex value, you need to read a tut. Look for one by Thethethethe, he knows a lot on the subject. The value 13E5 reversed is E513. Continue this for the rest of the colors. Look for the string in a hex editor. Like I already said. very simple.

al right ill give it a whirl, thanks. i know ive been infuriating.
..mumbles to self.. yehaw lets go...

jesse i tried it and im still getting the pal not found msg... im not sure what im doing wrong

i opened the oak pal in pal viewer.
i wrote down all thyre values
i reversed them
i put them into ape
the colors were all the same as in the pal viewer window
i hit the search button
error msg

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
al right ill give it a whirl, thanks. i know ive been infuriating.
..mumbles to self.. yehaw lets go...

jesse i tried it and im still getting the pal not found msg... im not sure what im doing wrong

i opened the oak pal in pal viewer.
i wrote down all thyre values
i reversed them
i put them into ape
the colors were all the same as in the pal viewer window
i hit the search button
error msg
You don't put them into APE, you put the string into a hex editor, and put the offset it gives you into APE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back