• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An OU RMT

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    About the team/creation process:

-- NOTE: I am below 15 posts, so I cannot post images as of yet; I will add them when I can. This is also my first Pokecommunity RMT, but I still want every criticism that you can muster. --

When creating my teams, I usually like to base them around one idea. I decided that I wanted to create a team about a Salamence sweep, as he is my favorite late-game sweeper (yes, this is based off of the Dark Passenger).

[image]

To do this, my goal was to eliminate the following pokes that would've stopped my sweep:

- Steel types in general
    - Bulky waters (swampert, suicune, vaporeon, etc.)
    - Hippowdon

So first off, I decided to add the most obvious addition: Magnezone!

[image]

Magnezone hits two birds with one stone; he kills off both steel types, and bulky waters, except for Swampert. However, Magnezone has three things about him that annoyed me: His ground weakness; his fire weakness; he can't kill Swampert.

So I decided to add Heatran to my team to deal with all of these problems except for the ground weakness, because Salamence can reliably deal with that.

[image]

Since I made my Heatran fast enough, and gave him Expert Belt and enough EVs, he can now OHKO Swampert with HP Grass. However, he still can't deal with Hippowdon very well, and my team has yet another ground weakness. If I don't want to reveal Salamence too early (I don't), I'd like to have a good switch in: Celebi!

[image]

Celebi also dealt with a few problems: If I made it my lead, it could stealth rock for me; it had a wonderful ground resistance and was bulky; it dealt with my Hippowdon problem, and Gyarados weak (Magnezone is slower). Another great part of adding Celebi was that it allowed to me scout out my opponent's team for Salamence counters with U-Turn.

So now I'm reasonably confident in my ability to achieve a Salamence sweep. Next, I decided to add in my new favorite pokemon, due to its ability to really mess with a lot of teams and pokemon: Jirachi!

[image]

My Jirachi movest is unique because I've foregone Fire Punch in favor of Zen Headbutt; I did this because my team needed a more reliable Breloom and Gengar counter, and Zen Headbutt OHKOs both pokemon, as well as outspeeds them. Otherwise, Jirachi can trick a Choice Scarf onto many pokemon, which is wonderfully useful when dealing with stall. Plus, Jirachi can also revenge kill pretty well, and can check other dragons with Ice Punch. Overall, a very useful addition.

Last but not least, I decided to add a pokemon that deserves a spot on almost any team due to its ability to check and revenge kill a vast amount of pokemon: Scizor!

[image]

Scizor is great for revenge killing pokemon, and finishing things off with low health.

For reference, here is my finalized team:

[images]

Nitty Gritty:

[see descriptions above]

[image]

Celebi @ Occa Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 76 HP/180 Spd/252 SAtk
    Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Earth Power
    - Leaf Storm
    - U-turn
    - Stealth Rock
    ---

[image]

Heatran (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    ---

[image]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Trick
    - Ice Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    ---

[image]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    - Bullet Punch
    ---

[image]

Magnezone @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flash Cannon
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    ---

[image]

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    ---

Threat list:

Aerodactyl: Killed by Leaf Storm via Celebi.
    Azelf: U-Turn to Heatran, who can take FB's.
    Blissey: Stopped by Trick from Jirachi.
    Breloom: Stopped by Zen Headbutt from Jirachi. OHKO.
    Bronzong: Magnezone.
    Celebi: Heatran.
    Dragonite: Jirachi.
    Dusknoir: Heatran takes WoW and then sweeps.
    Electivire: Heatran switches into Flamethrower, against Thunder Bolt I switch in Magnezone, and then switch to Heatran.
    Empoleon: Celebi can switch in and then Earth Power to death.
    Flygon: Jirachi.
    Forretress: Heatran or Trick from Jirachi.
    Gengar: OHKO Zen Headbutt from Jirachi, who can switch into all moves and live.
    Gliscor: Ice Punch from Jirachi, this does cause me trouble though.
    Gyarados: Celebi is a good switch in, as he can usually force him out. Can cause me trouble though; I need Stealth Rock up to wear him down.
    Heatran: I can switch in with either Salamence or my own Heatran depending on the attack, only the sub sets that carry HP Ice cause problems.
    Heracross: Heatran/Celebi switch in depending on the attack, as they are usually choiced. Heatran can return with KO, alone with Magnezone's HP Fire. Also, Jirachi can Zen Headbutt for a OHKO.
    Hippowdon: Celebi.
    Infernape: Jirachi OHKO's with Zen Headbutt.
    Jirachi: Heatran can KO with either.
    Jolteon: Heatran works pretty well.
    Kingdra: KO'd by Outrage, I can otherwise 2HKO it with most Pokes STAB Neutral attacks.
    Latias: Jirachi can come in on Draco Meteor and hit back with Ice Punch.
    Lucario: An issue, but I can usually stop it with Earth Power from Celebi.
    Machamp: I usually just use STAB Attacks and hope it dies.
    Magnezone: Heatran stops it, and can switch in on HP Fire.
    Mamoswine: Bullet Punch from Scizor or Iron Head for Jirachi.
    Metagross: Earth Power from Celebi usually kills it, or a Fire Blast from Heatran.
    Roserade: I eat sleep, or go first and get a KO with Earth Power.
    Rotom Forms: Heatran switches in on WoW.
    Salamence: Jirachi Ice Punch.
    Scizor: HP Fire from Magnezone.
    Skarmory: Magnezone.
    Snorlax: Trick it, or just use STAB moves.
    Starmie: Switch in Celebi, KO, or use Scizor, and Pursuit.
    Suicune: Magnezone.
    Swampert: HP Grass Heatran.
    Tentacruel: Earth Power Celebi.
    Togekiss: Magnezone TB.
    Tyranitar: Earth Power/Iron Head/Bullet Punch.
    Vaporeon: Magnezone.
    Weavile: Bullet Punch/Iron Head.
    Zapdos: Thunderbolt from Magnezone handles the non-Heat Wave variants, if it has Heat Wave, that's bad.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Quick nitpick, on Heatran, I would go Dragon Pulse over Sub, since it give additional coverage (increasing the amount of times E-Belt will activate and all that good stuff).

On Magnezone Drop Flash Cannon for Explosion and run a Naive Nature. Also, put HP Grass >> HP Fire, since two T-Bolts kill Scizor and Forry as well as OHKOing Skarmory, so you really just have overkill with both.

Thats all I can spot, no glaring weaks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks for the rate!

- Dragon Pulse is a good idea, it'll let me deal with Latias more effectively.
    - HP Fire doesn't just net faster KO's on the one's you mentioned, there's Metagross Jirachi etc. HP Grass only helps with Swampert and Hippowdon as far as I can see.
    - What do you think of switching Life Orb for Leftovers on Magnezone, the HP Drop has been annoying.
    - I'll test explosion, but I always find any potential targets just expect it and Protect/switch to a Ghost type.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Actually, a neutral T-bolt from Zone should do more to stuff like Jira and Metagross anyway, since 95*1,5 = 142,5, while HP Fire would be 70*2 = 140 against those 2x weaks. Since you have HP Grass on tran + Celebi, you should be fine vs. Swampert I guess, so you could either run HP Ground in order to nail Heatran/opposing Magnezone on the switch . HP Ice could also be an option, but that's your choice.

And yes, drop LO for lefties on Zone. LO + Sub sets would make you take 42% damage from switching in, subbing up, and attacking (if it is a free switch, that is), which really isn't that great.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Actually, a neutral T-bolt from Zone should do more to stuff like Jira and Metagross anyway, since 95*1,5 = 142,5, while HP Fire would be 70*2 = 140 against those 2x weaks. Since you have HP Grass on tran + Celebi, you should be fine vs. Swampert I guess, so you could either run HP Ground in order to nail Heatran/opposing Magnezone on the switch . HP Ice could also be an option, but that's your choice.

And yes, drop LO for lefties on Zone. LO + Sub sets would make you take 42% damage from switching in, subbing up, and attacking (if it is a free switch, that is), which really isn't that great.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be updating the OP.

Changes:

- Dragon Pulse for Substitute
    - HP Fire for HP Ground
    - LO for Lefties

Back