• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Ray Posts Art Sometimes

Years
Okay, so I draw a bit. It's only been my hobby since 4 years old and, although I'm almost 100% self-taught, I'd like to think that I'm somewhat decent at it now? (even if it's mostly just drawing young women 85% of the time due to preference) I dabble in a Fire Emblem-style and most of my art are OCs I have related to a ROM hack that I was working on(I'm not anymore but that may change in the future), and I keep drawing them to pass the time. I'll post those at the end of this post.

I do draw some Pokémon related stuff, but that's largely in relation to my blind Pokémon White LP on YouTube and the format used for that LP. Even so, I do have some things I'm willing to show off. That said...

(NOTE: quality of images are going to vary greatly due to years of difference)

Pokémon White LP Thumbnail Junk

The first picture I drew of Hilda just before I started the LP, which would be about 3 and a half years ago by now I think
Spoiler:

Not much to say, just wanted to try drawing her in my style at the time. Used it for the thumbnails until I hit Nimbasa City.

Poke Victini?
Spoiler:

Just before I switched the format of my LP to use my actual copy instead of an emulated one(as well as the format of the LP in general), I wanted to draw something special for the Victini event on Liberty Island.

Thumbnail V2
Spoiler:

Example image of the thumbnails I used after defeating Elesa; before it was just the earlier version of Hilda against a plain image of Zekrom. A year had passed so I felt it was time for a change, so I decided to draw the Gym Leaders as well, adding each one to the thumbnail as Hilda defeated them in turn.

Thumbnail V3
Spoiler:

Another year passed and, with me starting to refine my art style into what I use today, I redrew Hilda on physical paper rather than digitally, then used that over the older one. This is the current thumbnail style used with all of the Gym Leaders present this time. Below is the unfinished version of the sketch I did. (WARNING: very big image)
Spoiler:

The Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Reshiram
Spoiler:

Something I did for the Reshiram encounter in Dragonspiral Tower, a terrified Hilda witnesses N befriend the legendary Dragon-type, and N is looking decidedly crazy here due to the LP headcanon I have of him currently. This one took several months to finish and is one I'm quite proud of.

I don't have anything else after that because at the time of this writing I've only just now completed Victory Road and am eagerly anticipating the end of the game. However, I do have a picture of Hilda I finished drawing very recently, one I did just for fun to see how well I've come with my art style. You see it as part of my avatar, but here's the full version!
Spoiler:

And I can definitely say that I'm proud of this one, too.
Here's a version without her hat as well, for kicks!
Spoiler:

And this isn't even counting all of the sprites I've done for the LP, there's simply too many to post! but maybe one day, when it's all organized...

Fire Emblem OC stuff

I've got a lot of these but I'll only post the ones I like the most for now. These are characters that were meant for the ROM hack that I was working on until a few years ago, but still do art for because I felt like it.

Julie
Spoiler:

The central protagonist of three, the story centers largely around this young regular girl and how she comes to grips with life whwn she and her family are caught up in the embers of war. A sweet kid.

Ruby
Spoiler:

The second of the three main characters, a court mage of her home nation. Many people look up to her and as a result is plagued by an enormous amount of pressure to live up to their expectations, as she has to learn how to deal with it. first image is in her Magistra outfit, second is her in a casual spring dress.

Iris
Spoiler:

One of my favorite OCs in terms of character and design, she's a rookie knight learning the ropes on what it takes to be great and live up to her mother's reputation. A flirty girl who's also looking to impress a few dashing men.
(why yes, her facial and hair design was based off of the FRLG Lass, why do you ask?)

Carol
Spoiler:

A young thunder mage who's got energy to spare, she's a cheerful young lady who likes to study monsters and is more than eager to see the outside world. If only her mentor would see things her way... Outfit on the left is her normal outfit, the right one is an outfit she wears when there's warmer weather.

Dana
Spoiler:

An introverted but exceptionally talented fencer and magician. She was living a life of seclusion until recently when she decided to tackle mercenary work and help her better understand people in general. Was actually an OC I designed for Final Fantasy VIII in mind, but I readapted her with a Fire Emblem style outfit because I wanted to see how it'd come out.

And that's all I have for now. I'm very slow when it comes to drawing, but if I ever do have anything new, I'll hopefully remember to post it here!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Can't believe I missed this! These are really neat! I love the fully developed scenery you've got going on in some of these. They tell a story, and I really appreciate that. Especially your Unova gym leader and Reshiram piece. Those in particular stood out to me.

I think this one is my personal favorite. Anatomically sound, clean and well designed, but more importantly her expression and body language is incredible. She looks so believable and.. honest. For lack of a better term. Yeah, that one is really nice. :)

Years
I love your art style it's so firemblestic! Keep submit new art for here. <3
Hey I think I've seen you on SF. Cheers~
Can't believe I missed this! These are really neat! I love the fully developed scenery you've got going on in some of these. They tell a story, and I really appreciate that. Especially your Unova gym leader and Reshiram piece. Those in particular stood out to me.

I think this one is my personal favorite. Anatomically sound, clean and well designed, but more importantly her expression and body language is incredible. She looks so believable and.. honest. For lack of a better term. Yeah, that one is really nice. :)
Thanks a lot! I tried my best to make Hilda look as clean as I could in a Fire Emblem style and it ended up coming out so well.

Sorry that I haven't made a peep in a while, things came up that had me distracted. But in the interim I did manage to finish one more drawing on my downtime.

Spoiler:

Speaking of Fire Emblem, here's Linde! She's one of my favorite characters in the series and I've always loved her design. I've tried drawing her many times before, but here is where I finally had a result that I was satisfied with.​

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Woah holy crap!! You've got the Fire Emblem look down to a tee- That's like official art caliber! I love seeing your OCs since it doesn't seem to be a common thing around here, and I especially like Julie and Ruby's armor outfit!

Really like all your characters poses-- and the recent Linde piece is really top notch!! The detail and the way you color hair is to die for...! Literally the only thing I might say about it is that her shoulders are a bit on the narrow side, but otherwise if you told me this was her official art, I would believe you!

Hope you'll have more works of your OCs in the future-- love your style and am super thrilled to have found your gallery!

Years
Woah holy crap!! You've got the Fire Emblem look down to a tee- That's like official art caliber! I love seeing your OCs since it doesn't seem to be a common thing around here, and I especially like Julie and Ruby's armor outfit!

Really like all your characters poses-- and the recent Linde piece is really top notch!! The detail and the way you color hair is to die for...! Literally the only thing I might say about it is that her shoulders are a bit on the narrow side, but otherwise if you told me this was her official art, I would believe you!

Hope you'll have more works of your OCs in the future-- love your style and am super thrilled to have found your gallery!
Thanks! I have some more OC works that I can post, I just didn't post them because they would've bloated the first post(and all of them are more women, which I think some folks would be tired of if they got a big dose of it). But if there's interest, then sure, I'll post 'em!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
wow i love your artwork. i have to say your best work is your fire emblem stuff. i really like how everything is so smooth and is realistic. it's like you made the pokemon characters look more humanistic than cartoon. lovely gallery! can't wait to see more.

Years
I guess I can go and leave these two behind before anything else. Two more OCs just for funsies.

Lauren
Spoiler:

This one was finished a few months ago. Like Carol, she's another thunder mage. She's confident, bold, a touch cynical, and always has an opinion on something, but still ready to prove her worth as a mage when push comes to shove.
I had designed Lauren for my project when I wanted to bring some more characters in but couldn't use Carol for plot reasons, so she'd fill the same combat role. I'm a big fan of mage girls in FE if you couldn't tell, and wanted to try and go for a classic series design.

Cassidy
Spoiler:

Completed two weeks ago. She's a sweet as can be country girl who recently enlisted into the army to prove herself capable, although she's a nervous wreck sometimes and constantly looks down on herself, despite having great potential.
Cassidy was intentionally designed with other cute growth archer girls of Fire Emblem in mind, such as Rebecca, Neimi, and Norne, so I tried to make her as adorable as possible. I really like how the design turned out and think I hit the mark, but it never hurts to have a second opinion.​

That's it, that's all I got to post that I feel is worthy to post at the moment. We'll see what happens down the line.

Years
I did a quickie! (I never thought I'd say that)

KrisB.png

I just started recording a Pokémon Crystal LP and went to do something for a quick thumbnail, so I just drew Kris and Cyndaquil, as the player and starter of my choice. Went with a sporty look after looking at one of the old Sugimori pictures of Kris without her jacket and cap, so I sort of adapted it. Really like Kris' design so it was easy to do.​

It's weird since I usually don't draw at this size, explaining for the quick finish(only took about 20 hours collectively). I might double it up in size and clean it up to match my current style because the end result came out neat.

Years
Aaah! After 10,000 years(or just 1) I'm free! It's time to conquer my tablet!

So, I've been undergoing radio silence for a long time, working on things on the down low. I've done a few random drawings in the mean time and improving slowly all the while, but most of those are more of the same that I usually do, and I didn't want to flood my topic with the same pictures of anime girls over and over again(it's what I do to pass the time, what can I say).

However, just a few days ago I finally completed my blind LP of Pokémon White's main game after 4 years of working on it. I wanted to make sure that for the last few episodes I wanted to go out strong, so I drew more pieces to help solidify them - they were primarily the reason why I stood away from this topic. I wanted to post 'em all at once.

Pokémon White LP Finale Junk and others
Going to showcase these in order. First off is the thumbnail used for the episode right before the final one - Hilda vs. the Unova Elite Four
Spoiler:

Like with the Gym Leader one before it, felt I'd go full ham on this and put the foursome side-by-side against our heroine. Tried for a bit more contrast with the lighting between the characters - didn't get what I was shooting for but I ended up liking the result all the same. With my style improving, it was fun trying to draw the E4 in said style, though the women had to take some sizeable hits in their designs!

Truth vs. Ideals - The Finale
Spoiler:

This is the thumbnail used for the final episode. By far my favorite piece that I've done so far, tied with one other. My first time trying to be artsy, since I'm usually not the type, but the end result surprised even me, even if it did boil down to "which effects will look the best for these darn dragons?" on GIMP. Also only the second time I've drawn N in a not-crazy look.

Here's where we get to the pictures I drew for the finale itself - Hilda speaks in this LP, and I wanted to make sure she had some choice words to say at a few points, so I took some liberties with a few scenes.

"How Dare You!"
Spoiler:

After the final battle with N, he recovers fairly quickly from the fact that he could be wrong in his beliefs and very quickly changes his opinion saying that "there is no right or wrong" rather smugly.
Hilda responds by slapping him, then proceeds to go into a long speech about his shifting beliefs on a dime is nothing but bunk. This was something I wanted to do for a while, as I personally, think N is a big hypocrite during the game, and I wondered what if the player could call him out. I took my chance with this one.

And these are from the ending of the LP itself, just after N's Farewell, but right before the credits. I'll put 'em all together.
Spoiler:

Long story short, Hilda witnesses N fly away on Reshiram, collapses to the ground from her harrowing ordeal, and begins to cry with the realization that Team Plasma's out of her hair for real(for now, anyway). Only to be then cheered up by the player(myself). Roll credits.
The vanilla ending by itself would have been enough if not for the format of my LP, so I had to improvise with something suitable to match, and after a teenager who's gone through an enormous amount of stress in-universe to get to this point, what better way to end than to let her cry sincerely with the pressure lifted? Those are 17 variations for the crying image, by the way. I wanted to make sure I put in the work.

Finally, after the credits were finished, I put in this one last image over THE END.
Spoiler:

After a long journey - both in-universe and for myself for this project, Hilda says goodbye to the viewers. This is my other favorite piece - I'm super stoked at how well Hilda came out here, in addition to her hair being loose, which was something I added because I wanted to see how it'd look in my style... and I think she looks pretty good like that, wouldn't you agree?

I do plan to cover the postgame at some point(not right now though, I want to take a break from working on this for a while), but Black and White changed me so much - it made me a fan of the franchise again after I was starting to fall out of love with it after Gen 4. If not for Unova, I wouldn't be a part of this site at all, let alone posting my art in a topic like this! So I felt I had to do what I can to give back to the game that made me love Pokémon again. (also I like drawing Hilda, her design's amazing)

Wow I sound sappy. Hahah...

Years
Christmas Time brings out the best in people.

Spoiler:

But sometimes it doesn't and you just wanna throw giant stones at people...

Real quick thumbnail I did for the Blooper reel of my Pokémon White LP, based on a joke my friend wrote in for said LP - Hilda likes and dislikes many things, but don't let her get her hands on a Boldore, or...

Years
Sometimes I work faster than I realize when I'm made to. This one's a twofer, as the actual piece I've worked on recently needs some set up.

Spoiler:

Big picture of my OC, Iris(shown on the first post), drawn in casual clothes sitting on a bridge over a cliff view. Did this a few months ago during my down time while trying to iron out potential designs for a paladin armor set.

Posted that to show off...:
Spoiler:

...this piece of work. I was drawing so many things, including the Pokémon White stuff, in such a short amount of time, but never really finishing a lot of them, and trying to go back and pick one to finish caused me to feel overwhelmed. I was risking burnout, so on New Year's Eve I decided to back off and cut loose drawing something - so I picked Iris again. This time wanting to go for a pose that better pegs her flirty personality.

I was stuck in my room drawing this for close to 11 hours, while my family was partying outside; it was the only way to block out the noise and pass the time. Kept going until 7 in the morning, when I finally went to bed after they had stopped. Finished this drawing yesterday... in total, only 2 days to do this. 2 days, where my average is 2 weeks barring distractions(the above image took that long, when I started realizing how useful the airbrush tool on GIMP could be). I wasn't going to post this now, but considering how well it came out in such a short time, I figured "What the hell?".

And to think she's still based off of the FR/LG Lass...

Years
Spoiler:

A quick sketch I did, still unfinished; a friend wanted me to try out PaintTool SAI and mess around with its brushes as GIMP isn't so great with outlining sketches from my experience. Hard to get used to but hey, it looks nice.

Back