• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
  • 2d6wdux.png

Alright I tried making that Lapras evo, but To me...The sprite just seems really bad...So anyone that knows how to sprite D/P style...let me know if you can see any problems...My thought is that the sprite itself is shrunk down to small so I'll try again later when I get the motivation back.

Alright, I guess it's my turn to be the critic. Let's do this! D< XD

Okay, you already know it's small.
    Now, you used too much black, and the other outline colors are too dark.
    And since it is small, it is hard to increase the size without it having any imperfections. But I did my best to take most of them out.

1zyemad.jpg

You see, I've lightened the blue, brown, and yellow outline colors. Plus I have enlarged it, so somethings might look funny if you really look at it. XD

===

You know, on second thought... Before I post this, I'm going to edit him more, so he doesn't have the imperfections.

2nw30rd.jpg

There! =D But you still see my point about lighter outline colors, right?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm sorry but the Lapras evolution just looks like a melted Lapras, not sure if thats the concept you guys are aiming for or not XD

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • I'm sorry but the Lapras evolution just looks like a melted Lapras, not sure if thats the concept you guys are aiming for or not XD

PLEASE don't start that again. DX

===

And here is another edited Laprus evolution.

302tjdx.jpg

I did not make the sprite, only edited it slightly. It was made by FMP. FMP did an awesome job.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    PLEASE don't start that again. DX

===

And here is another edited Laprus evolution.

302tjdx.jpg

I did not make the sprite, only edited it slightly. It was made by FMP. FMP did an awesome job.

Well, it's been a while for me, but I'm back!! Now, on to the Lapras evo... I agree, FMP did a great job, and West, your improvements are BEAST, but I have a few things to pick on...

1) The nec could probably be a little longer. Not much, though. Also, the spikes on the chin could be a little more pronounced.

2) The shading on the front-right fin. It could be a tad darker.

Other than that, it looks great to me without putting it up to a microscope to check pixels.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    no offense, but compared to all the other sprites, that lapras evo is crap, ive seen the actual concept art for that on deviantart, and its an awesome fakemon, that sprite doesnt do it justice, especially compared to all the other amazing sprites

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • no offense, but compared to all the other sprites, that lapras evo is crap, ive seen the actual concept art for that on deviantart, and its an awesome fakemon, that sprite doesnt do it justice, especially compared to all the other amazing sprites

Perhaps you'd like to take a whack at it? lol...Well Either way I understand where you're coming from and I'm also not a fan of my own spriting work either, this has to be the worse I've done thus far, but I'll be redoing it either way...I'm going to give it a try in the Gba style however and make it a bit bigger.

Thanks alot for the Constructive criticism Westrmistr It was really helpful for my work in D/P style since that's what my Games in. Nonetheless, I'll try a bit harder and fix this thing up ;) Mega. Please don't use this sprite.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2013
    nice work mac your hack is great......but according to the polling I conducted in other website,most of the pkmn rom players said that they like the original POKEMON'S than FAKEMON'S because when compared to original pkmn's , fakemon's are less attractive,body structure....but original pkmn's especially legendary pkmn's have the special look,pride,dignity...I am not saying that your fakemon's are not good...I know it is much hard work to create a hack..last week i've come across pokemon shiny gold [hack done by zel] his hack contains almost original pkmn's .....& so his hack gets popularity,recognition almost as original NINTENDO'S games.....your hack is also good appreciate your hard work... keep going ALL THE BEST...sorry if i've hurt u.....

Years
  • I really like the whole fakemon idea, now i can go on the internet and google pokemon, stats, movesets, etc. but now, i can go through a game not knowing whats next, when (such and such) evolves so it adds to the adventure of the game

Keep up the good work :)

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
  • nice work mac your hack is great......but according to the polling I conducted in other website,most of the pkmn rom players said that they like the original POKEMON'S than FAKEMON'S because when compared to original pkmn's , fakemon's are less attractive,body structure....but original pkmn's especially legendary pkmn's have the special look,pride,dignity...I am not saying that your fakemon's are not good...I know it is much hard work to create a hack..last week i've come across pokemon shiny gold [hack done by zel] his hack contains almost original pkmn's .....& so his hack gets popularity,recognition almost as original NINTENDO'S games.....your hack is also good appreciate your hard work... keep going ALL THE BEST...sorry if i've hurt u.....

It's right that most players like Nintendo's pokemon more, but most of them can step over it when seeing realy great fakemon, that look almost like Nintendo made them. (Like the fakemon of pokemon Torzach)

Besides, aren't all pokemon after pokemon blue/red/yellow fakemon? They are all "Newmade"...

I just want to say with this, that I think that these fakemon are some of the best at the moment! XD Keep up the good work!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Perhaps you'd like to take a whack at it? lol...Well Either way I understand where you're coming from and I'm also not a fan of my own spriting work either, this has to be the worse I've done thus far, but I'll be redoing it either way...I'm going to give it a try in the Gba style however and make it a bit bigger.

Thanks alot for the Constructive criticism Westrmistr It was really helpful for my work in D/P style since that's what my Games in. Nonetheless, I'll try a bit harder and fix this thing up ;) Mega. Please don't use this sprite.

I'm glad I helped you out. =D I won't touch Laprus unless someone asks me to. So don't worry.

nice work mac your hack is great......but according to the polling I conducted in other website,most of the pkmn rom players said that they like the original POKEMON'S than FAKEMON'S because when compared to original pkmn's , fakemon's are less attractive,body structure....but original pkmn's especially legendary pkmn's have the special look,pride,dignity...I am not saying that your fakemon's are not good...I know it is much hard work to create a hack..last week i've come across pokemon shiny gold [hack done by zel] his hack contains almost original pkmn's .....& so his hack gets popularity,recognition almost as original NINTENDO'S games.....your hack is also good appreciate your hard work... keep going ALL THE BEST...sorry if i've hurt u.....

I know most people would prefer a game with real Pokemon in it. How about they go get Pokemon Platinum? THIS, is a hack. A hack is a game where you make it anything you want. Mac is in charge, and he wants a Fakemon hack. Now, the idea of Fakemon has probably been around sense Pokemon started, and most people don't like them because people do bad jobs on them. But if you have a good concept, (I like a lot of the Fakemon in this, doesn't matter if the concept is "good" or not to me. =/) and the person spriteing it has atleast some skill, they'll turn out fine. When I first joined this, I was excited about all the new Pokemon.

It's right that most players like Nintendo's pokemon more, but most of them can step over it when seeing realy great fakemon, that look almost like Nintendo made them. (Like the fakemon of pokemon Torzach)

Besides, aren't all pokemon after pokemon blue/red/yellow fakemon? They are all "Newmade"...

I just want to say with this, that I think that these fakemon are some of the best at the moment! XD Keep up the good work!

I think these are some of the best Fakemon I've ever seen too. Although I've only seen these fakemon and my own, so... XD Anyway, they are awesome.

===

At the moment, I don't have any sprites to show. It keeps getting crazier and crazier, while I have other matters to attend to. But from what's been going on here latly, I'm sure we're getting along just fine.

Reb

Bad Mood :X
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    This is gonna be very great hack. I can feel it!
    Best of luck to you all :)
    Btw if I could say something about Lapras's evolution... it looks too much like remaked Lapras
    Yeah! Me too,I can feel it too.I like this very Much!!

BTW:the Fakemons are Awsome!

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • no offense, but compared to all the other sprites, that lapras evo is crap, ive seen the actual concept art for that on deviantart, and its an awesome fakemon, that sprite doesnt do it justice, especially compared to all the other amazing sprites
    There are nice ways to say you don't like it :\ Just try an be a little more respectful next time, ok?
    Very nice, very very nice :D
    Well, people seem to like these Fakemon. Thanks for the post anyway.
    I really like the whole fakemon idea, now i can go on the internet and google pokemon, stats, movesets, etc. but now, i can go through a game not knowing whats next, when (such and such) evolves so it adds to the adventure of the game

Keep up the good work :)
    Thanks very much :D

You're right there, the only difference between "Fakemon" and "Official Pokemon" is that Nintendo actually makes money out of it :P
    This is gonna be very great hack. I can feel it!
    Best of luck to you all :)
    Btw if I could say something about Lapras's evolution... it looks too much like remaked Lapras
    Glad you like the hack :D
    Yeah! Me too,I can feel it too.I like this very Much!!

BTW:the Fakemons are Awsome!
    Thanks very much :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back