• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen People using attract for their defeat againts Whitney's Miltank make me laugh

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • Hmm after watching some comments on YT i can't stop but laugh or facepalm on you guys, seriusly, just catch female pokemon guys! Are you as sexist as 1kids Ash that you prefer catching pokemon with pen*ses? Girl pokemon can be useful too you know

pkmin3033

It's not as cut and dried as that, really. I mean, the gender ratio isn't split 50:50 between male and female for many Pokemon, so it might simply be for many that they don't actually find any female Pokemon to use...when it's 75% male and 25% female, good luck finding a female of that species. People will base their choice in Pokemon on nature, ability, and IVs as well; if those all match up to what they want on a male Pokemon, it's kinda logical that they'd use that instead of finding a female equivalent.

Plus...personal preference? There are some who want all-male teams, and others who want all-female teams, and some who want a mix, or specific Pokemon to be male or female. A lot of factors go into making a team, it's not just "I don't want female Pokemon because they're useless" or something...at least, I've never seen someone say that, and mechanically it's incorrect anyway, because gender has no effect on stats. It's not BAD to have an all-male team because that's what you want. It's not bad to complain about being hit by Attract status a lot if you make that choice, either. Attract, like all status effects, is irritating. Whitney's Miltank is notoriously obnoxious, that's just another nail in the coffin on top of Rollout and, in the Gen IV remakes, Milk Drink.

If you're seeing a few people who are acting the way you're describing...well, they're not common.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Attract, like all status effects, is irritating.

I for once like using that move on opposite gender (not neccesary on male pokemon as i give this move to some of my male pokemon), unless hackers put fairy type in gen 2/3 games the contact make my pokemon infatuated (So yeah i'm glad normally Sylveons aren't wild)

Also yeah Whitney's Miltank is obnoxious, but not becuase of Attract

well, they're not common.

That's good

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't think she's that hard. The Miltank becomes almost helpless against status or sand attack.

Years
  • Whitney was hard as a kid because you were oblivious to these mechanics & wasn't at all prepared for her.

No Gym Leader in the main series games are hard to beat at all once you know what they're throwing at you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • boutta hop in the time machine and tell kid me that damn........... fr though it's not a big deal like i never had too much problems with whitney unless it was just the specific team i was using or w/e. my challenge always came w morty or chuck tbh but now that i'm ancient and know the game mechanics it's just kinda Whatever.

Back