• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Trainers Sprites Expansion

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
  • i need help for extend trainers sprite table work.

it is posible because each rom have diferenr number of trainers sprites
    Ruby: 83
    Firered: 148
    Emerald: 93

I test to expand trainers sprites in Pokémon Firered. The limit for trainers sprites is 255 or FF, because the Trainer Sprite ID use only 1 byte for store your number. (FF - 1 = FE)

well have 3 tables for trainers sprites

*the first in one table is at x 23932c
    and is formed with "08 01 00 00" ( 4 bytes per trainer)
    148*4 = 592 (250 hex) bytes all table

i not understand very well this table
    but have 4 trainers with diferent byte "08 02 00 00"

*the second is a table at x 23957c
    it is a trainer sprite table, and have 8 bytes per trainer
    148*8 = 1184 (4a0 hex) bytes all table

*the third is a table at x 239a1c
    it is a trainer pallete table, and have 8 bytes per trainer
    148*8 = 1184 (4a0 hex) bytes all table

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • well i solved this problem, can close it,
    for people will do it, the problem is for extend more other two table

one table for trainer animation located at x 238E8C (4 bytes for trainer is 4x148)
    and other table located at x 2390dc (4 bytes for trainer is 4x148) this table is a table of pointer, to a pointer to the animation table;

remeber: the limit is 255 trainers sprites or FE (becuse zero is one value too)
    for use your new trainers use a tool called UNAMEDTRAINEREDITOR from Jambo and edit your ini information.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • I make my own researches about TRAINER SPRITES Expadnding on Pokemon Ruby. And it was been easier than Pokemon Fire Red things. I only repleace 08 01 00 00 section in 0x1EC3F0 to new empty space. And adding for text 12 extra sprites.... After turn on game... It do not freezed when I using new sprite... So.... Pokemon Ruby Slovement is easy to do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    well i solved this problem, can close it,
    for people will do it, the problem is for extend more other two table

one table for trainer animation located at x 238E8C (4 bytes for trainer is 4x148)
    and other table located at x 2390dc (4 bytes for trainer is 4x148) this table is a table of pointer, to a pointer to the animation table;

remeber: the limit is 255 trainers sprites or FE (becuse zero is one value too)
    for use your new trainers use a tool called UNAMEDTRAINEREDITOR from Jambo and edit your ini information.

I will start some research on adding more than 255 trainer sprites, because the game already uses 148, then it leaves only 107 free (not enough for me), since the tables' structures have a half word for the trainer image index, then I think it would be possible to modify its routine to check 2 bytes index instead of 1 byte. What do you think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    You can only expand the trainer's sprites up to 255 sprites. (But it will be 0xFE because the 0x0 is counted too.) I tested and it already have support for 2 bytes indexes. I tested only up to 512 (0x200), but I will try higher indexes to know if the max number is 0xFFFF or if there is a limiter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    I make my own researches about TRAINER SPRITES Expadnding on Pokemon Ruby. And it was been easier than Pokemon Fire Red things. I only repleace 08 01 00 00 section in 0x1EC3F0 to new empty space. And adding for text 12 extra sprites.... After turn on game... It do not freezed when I using new sprite... So.... Pokemon Ruby Slovement is easy to do.

Dear Atecain, do you have facebook or something I can contact you?

I currently during make a Emerald 802 , and I want to expand Trainer sprite, Emerald only have 93 trainer sprite, I wish to add more, do you know any tool or tutorial can share me?

Back