• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 26, 2017
Anyone got a savefile around the 4th gym(Platinum)?

Directly after 4th gym beaten, preferably. I was playing through platinum on NO$GBA but when I started it up today the save file had been corrupted. Anything other than around the 4th gym in progress doesn't matter as I will just hack the save file to get the pokemon I had.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
I've been using PPRE. I followed the instructions listed in the tutorial. I get to the part where I set the ROM and made my changes/edits. But when I try to Write ROM nothing happens. I did platinumedit.nds like it specified, and no new file was created anywhere. What is the problem? Nothing happens.

I am only trying to edit movesets/stats/types and boss teams. Could I maybe go to an older version? Or am I doing something wrong.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
How do i make a 3DS rom for Citra compatible with an actual 3ds?

Look at the title...

How do i make a 3DS rom for Citra compatible with an actual 3ds?

Last edited by a moderator:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I was wondering, what's the last version of VisualBoyAdvance to include Action Replay? Been wondering cause every version I download just has the Game Genie with the Gameshark, but no Action Replay option.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
RTC on Emu (emerald)

Hi!

I am playing Emerald on gpSP 3.4.

The RTC didn't work with normal saves, so I used the built-in savestate option of gpSP.

The problem is that players are forced to load a normal savegame after beating elite four. After I did, I again got the message that the game battery has run dry and RTC has been disabled. (This is true as I checked the ingame clock)

I read about increasing the flash size (?) for the game, but I can't find such an option @ gpsp.

?: I found the game_config.txt, which has the following entry for emerald german:
# Pokemon Emerald (G)
game_name = POKEMON EMER
game_code = BPED
vender_code = 01
idle_loop_eliminate_target = 080008ce
flash_rom_type = 128KB

Flash rom of 128KB is the correct size?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Somehow it started to work again. Not sure what was the reason for this;
I did things like quitting the programm, editing flash rom to 64 in case the rom was modified, didn't work, changed it back to 128, then started the game again. For whatever weird reason the clock was working again.

Maybe the savegame wasn't really written correctly before to the rom, I can imagine.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Random question: Can I continue a savegame if I switch from original to a hacked/modded rom? (I do assume so)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
idea for a pokemon strangled red rom for pokemon red just an idea I had since I love the story

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Random question: Can I continue a savegame if I switch from original to a hacked/modded rom? (I do assume so)
If I'm interpreting this question properly, it depends on the hack, I'd imagine. But it's safe to assume probably not.
idea for a pokemon strangled red rom for pokemon red just an idea I had since I love the story

I'm not sure exactly what this is asking

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
I mean like a hack of the creepypasta pokemon strangled red like people made the lost sliver one

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
How do you make a patch for a ROM hack?

It depends on the size of the patch iirc. If it's smaller, you can use a program called Lunar IPS (or LIPS), which is also a common program for applying patches to roms, so you might be familiar with doing that. There's also NUPS (i can't remember exactly what that stands for) for bigger patches. It should be pretty straight-forward when you launch either of those programs

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 10, 2017
ROM Hack

Hey, so I am looking to play a HeartGold Randomized Nuzlock.

I already have the desume emulator and the UPR Randomizer, however every "ROM" I download isn't compatible with the randomizer. I don't know if I need another randomizer/emulator or a specific ROM. If anyone can suggest a combination that worked for them that would be appreciated.
Thanks!

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
This is probably the wrong place, but not sure where I would post this question and I didn't think opening a whole thread in Resources would be appropriate; is there a superior debugging application to VBA-SDL-H? The inability to go back to previous instructions causes real problems, not to mention the clunky command-line interface. Does there exist an emulator with a built-in GUI debugger?

Thanks.

Years
hello everyone! i have recently gotten a gba with a sd card cartridge that allows me to play (almost) any gba game.
I've tried to load up several rom hacks that would fit on a max size gba cart but they do not work, due to the sd card cartridges setup.
so that brings me to this:
does anybody have a simple way of flashing a ligit cart. for ex, buying a gba game online and removing the rom and replacing it?
if so, could someone give links to any hardware or software needed?
(if it breaks the rules of the fourms you could dm me right? or dm me for discord or something.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2018
Lost my Save file

Does anyone have a save file that I can have with up to 5 badges in game for heart gold or soul silver? I accidentally overwrote mine and am back to 2nd gym :(

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
I am almost finished with an N64 Pokémon hack; specifically Pokémon Stadium. But I can't seem to finds program that patches, and/or creates a patch for Pokémon stadium files. My emulator is project 64, but I heard there are others. Which program should I use to patch it, and are there any other things I need to have? Please let me know.

MasterofMasters

Kim Jong yeah, Big Bombs
Years
I need help with the randomizer. I am playing emerald on the GBA emulator NO$GBA..and i'm trying to evolve my graveler without trade.

I pressed open ROM and selected my emerald ROM. I checked 'Change Impossible Evos' and pressed 'Randomize (Save)'. Now when I try to open this new edited ROM, it works but my save file isn't there, it just says 'new game'.

What am I doing wrong?

Can I not hack my current save file or do I have to start a new game if i'm trying to use the universal randomizer?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 21, 2018
Hey, hopefully this is still up and running because I am in need of a lot of help. My Soul Silver save will not load for some reason. Every time I hit continue, the emulator (no$gba) crashes. I have tried so much stuff that hasn't work either because it simply does not work, or because I'm doing it incorrectly. Can someone please help me get past this. It seems so many other people have gotten crashing saves after they beat Morty in gym 4 as well. PLEAASE HELP.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 11, 2018
Error in Pokemon non-fan game

I understand that this forum is more for fan games, but given that this forum has Pokemon hackers, I was hoping to help with something.

Pretty much, I was playing Pokemon Crystal on the bgb-1.5.4 emulator. My desktop was accidently unplugged while the bgb-1.5.4 emulator was running and the game was on. When I turned my computer back on and tried to play where I left off, the game will not load my save file. My save file exists as a .sav on my computer, and an .rtc file was created as a result of my desktop being unplugged.

However, I know close to nothing in terms of hacking the game file or fixing the issue.

I really don't want to start over as I just made it into Kanto, and it took me awhile to get to that point.
I hope you are able to help me. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
It's probably the emulator and not the game.

All you can do is try to make sure everything as was, and if it doesn't work, you might have to restart. Be sure and copy your game folder as often as possible when working to avoid it happening again.

Back