• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen = Pro(OU(I think)RMT)

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
  • Spr_5b_526.png

Gigaiasu (M) @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion

My lead(Obviously). Set up Stealth Rocks, then, if it's a Grass Type, go into my Tran. If not, get in some damage(or attempt to!).

Spr_5b_647.png

Kerudio @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justice Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Aqua Jet
    - Close Combat
    - X-Scissor

This is mai Physical sweeper. Swords Dance + Justice Heart being activated + Adamant = a staggering attack stat of 801! X-Scissor for Celebi, Close Combat and Aqua Jet for STAB and sweeping purposes.

Spr_4h_248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Payback
    - Aqua Tail
    This is another Physical sweeper. Stone Edge for Zapdos to be dismantled, Pursuit and Payback to pwn Latias and Aqua Tail for some extra coverage.

Spr_4p_462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Explosion
    - Hidden Power [Dark]

Sole purpose is Steel trapper. Magnet Pull is so Steel types like Skarmory who wall Tyranitar can be trapped and killed. Thunder Wave for crippling hax, Explosion to go BOOM!! and Hidden Power [Dark] for coverage.

Spr_5b_589.png

Shubarugo (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SDef
    - Megahorn
    - Return
    - Pursuit
    - Reversal

A third Physical sweeper who decides he wants to be killed alot of the time. I put on Return and raised the happiness all the way up so it's at max power(I used two Returns and survived two Leaf Blades to kill off a Jarooda!). Megahorn for some STAB powah! and Pursuit and Reversal because I can!

Spr_4p_485.png

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Taunt
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    Special sweeper. Taunt because then they can't use and non-attacking moves(for instance, Reflect!), Fire Blast for some STAB, Earth Power and Dragon Pulse for some coverage.

Thanks for reading! Please rate outta 10 and thanks!

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    You have a HUGE weakness to swords dance lucario. Use mamobanou as a counter.

Mamobanou@leftovers
    regeneration
    bold nature
    252 HP/4 att/252 def
    wish
    toxic
    protect
    aqua jet

this pokemon is really good at taking a hit and very annoying tbh.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Spr_5b_526.png

Gigaiasu (M) @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion

My lead(Obviously). Set up Stealth Rocks, then, if it's a Grass Type, go into my Tran. If not, get in some damage(or attempt to!).

What Grass types would be in the lead slot (Besides Erufuun, which doesn't even carry grass type moves)? You should be a lot careful about Water and Ground types, and you have Explsoion and Sturdy anyways.
    Spr_5b_647.png

Kerudio @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Aqua Jet
    - Close Combat
    - X-Scissor

This is mai Physical sweeper. Swords Dance + Justice Heart being activated + Adamant = a staggering attack stat of 801! X-Scissor for Celebi, Close Combat and Aqua Jet for STAB and sweeping purposes.

How are you going to get Justice Heart activated if half of your Pokemon are resistant to it? Doesn't make any sense to me. Kerudio is much better off as a special sweeper.

Spr_4h_248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Payback
    - Aqua Tail
    This is another Physical sweeper. Stone Edge for Zapdos to be dismantled, Pursuit and Payback to pwn Latias and Aqua Tail for some extra coverage.

Choice Banders aren't quite physical sweepers - They more or less like to punch holes in an opponent's team and weaken then for a sweep. Crunch > Payback. You have nothing to hit Steels - Use Earthquake instead of Aqua Tail.

Spr_4p_462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Explosion
    - Hidden Power [Dark]

Sole purpose is Steel trapper. Magnet Pull is so Steel types like Skarmory who wall Tyranitar can be trapped and killed. Thunder Wave for crippling hax, Explosion to go BOOM!! and Hidden Power [Dark] for coverage.

This made me almost lol when I saw it. Why do you need a Steel killer when you have a Heatran and a Tyranitar? This is part of the reason you should use Earthquake on TTar instead of Aqua Tail - You're completely wasting a team slot. Why are you using HP Dark? HP Grass is MUCH better for Swampert and other Ground types. BTW, Skarm usually carries Shed Shell.
    Spr_5b_589.png

- Megahorn
    - Return
    - Pursuit
    - Reversal

A third Physical sweeper who decides he wants to be killed alot of the time. I put on Return and raised the happiness all the way up so it's at max power(I used two Returns and survived two Leaf Blades to kill off a Jarooda!). Megahorn for some STAB powah! and Pursuit and Reversal because I can!

Why do you have Pursuit on 2 Pokemon? If you want something fast and pwoerful, slap a Scarf of TTar. Again, this is wasting a team slot and is not a sweeper, but a revenge killer. I don't really see the point of Reversal (Or Return, but for a different reason) if you're not holding a Focus Sash. If he wants to be killed most of the time, don't use him because that's... Not a good idea. BTW, I wouldn't be bragging about killing a Jaroda, because soon enough they're going to be able to destroy this team with a Perversity set.
    Spr_4p_485.png

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
    - Taunt
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    Special sweeper. Taunt because then they can't use and non-attacking moves(for instance, Reflect!), Fire Blast for some STAB, Earth Power and Dragon Pulse for some coverage.

Swampert trolls this. Get HP Grass or something instead of Dragon Pulse, for him and ground types (Although then Dragonite would be loling at you, but you have a Tyranitar). Heatran offers good special coverage, but adds to your Luke weakness. Taunt is much better in the lead slot on something like Erufuun. I'd recommend using Subsititute in place of it.

Thanks for reading! Please rate outta 10 and thanks!

Comments in bold.

Threats to this team:

Lucario
    Swampert
    Suicune
    Doryuuzu
    Roopushin
    Salamence
    Garchomp
    Dragonite
    Sazandora
    Breloom
    Jaroda (I don't care if your Shubarugo killed a Jaroda with Return. The player using it should have switched it out.)
    Starmie
    And there's more...

Overall, you need to think this team over a bit more, because it doesn't seem to be working that well.

6/10

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree; Kerudio is better off with a Special set, since its Attack is poor for a physical sweeper (though Heart of Justice is the main reason it's a physical attacker). If you want to go the special route, here's a viable Special set:
    -Calm Mind
    -Surf
    -Sword of Mystery
    -Hidden Power (Electric)
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • But what I do with Kerudio is Swords Dance and go in for the sweep(it's actually happened) and it actually works. So I don't see the point of a special set when my physical set works excellently. That's just my opinion. Zaroas, what shall I swap Magnezone for?

Edit:

Here is what I've done with the team so far(more changes may be made):

Erufuun (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mischievous Heart
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Taunt
    - Encore
    - Substitute
    - U-turn
    Swapped Gigaisu with Erufuun because if they try to set sup, I can Taunt, Sub up(unless they Taunt me9 which then makes this set pointless), and, to be extra annoying, Encore them into a bad move, forcing a switch which then, if I haven't already, gives me a free space of time to Sub.

Kerudio @ Life Orb
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Mystery Sword
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    He is actually a better special attack, with a stat of 356. Calm Mind to set up and go in for some sweeping action.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    Earthquake over Aqua Tail because suggested. Crunch over Payback even though I liked the idea of Payback. Stone Edge for Zapdos(obviously), unless they switch, and if I can predict, Pursuit becomes more powerful, so, pretty self-explanatory.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Explosion
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Hidden Power[Grass] over Dark because Swampert would wall me unless I carried it. The rest of the set has stayed the same.

Mamanbou (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regeneration
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Aqua Jet

Since I had a massive weaknes to Lucario(carrying Swords Dance), I decided on Mamanbou for a counter. Protect, Toxic, Wish(if I have to) and maybe stall him out with Toxic, Protect and Aqua Jet. Wish when I need to.

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
    - Substitute
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Pert again. Substitute over Taunt because I think it's probably better. Hidden Power Grass for Swampert(even though Dragonite would go lololololol at me, Tyranitar will Stone Edge to victory.) and other Ground types that wall Heatran.

Better people who rated?

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • your erufuun does nothing. wtf is it going to do behind a sub, u-turn it away? lol. You might want to make it able to do something by replacing encore/taunt with leech seed, the only reason Erufuun is any good. Mischievous Heart lets you sub or do w/e with priority anyway.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    leech seed would be kind of useless on a pokemon that frail imo. The whole idea of that set is to take advantage of mischievous heart with priority on sub, encore and taunt. But honestly, erfuun is really stupid and kind of pointless. Really, its main goal is to force out their SR/spikes leads by locking them into encore, and just be annoying. You are much better off with a standard SR lead(considering you have no stealth rockers) like hippowdon or swampy.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I'd have to agree, Eurfuun doesn't seem like it's doing a whole lot on this team. Just stick to Gigaiasu if you want, or chnage to Swampert/Hippowdon.

Instead of using Mamanbou as a Luke counter (It won't even be able to Toxic it anyways because of Luke's steel typing), you should use a Gliscor - The classic Lucario counter. With Poison Heal and a Toxic Orb, it can heal quite some health per turn. Just watch out for special versions and Ice Punchers (Although they're not too common in favor of hitting ghost types).

I think you shoulod swap Magnezone for either a wallbreaker or a Ditto. It seems like your team has a ton of trouble with stall teams because you don't have any mixed attackers/wallbreakers or anything. SkarmBliss could especially screw you over. You could possibly use a Britscor (Gliscor wallbreaker), Infernape, Salamence, Garchomp... There's a large list. You could also use Ditto as a revenge killer for Pokemon like Ononokuso that otherwise crush this team.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You have a HUGE weakness to swords dance lucario. Use mamobanou as a counter.

Mamobanou@leftovers
    regeneration
    bold nature
    252 HP/4 att/252 def
    wish
    toxic
    protect
    aqua jet

this pokemon is really good at taking a hit and very annoying tbh.

What the heck ? Please enlighten me on how the HELL that counters Luke. Dont post retarded garbage. =/

leech seed would be kind of useless on a pokemon that frail imo. The whole idea of that set is to take advantage of mischievous heart with priority on sub, encore and taunt. But honestly, erfuun is really stupid and kind of pointless. Really, its main goal is to force out their SR/spikes leads by locking them into encore, and just be annoying. You are much better off with a standard SR lead(considering you have no stealth rockers) like hippowdon or swampy.

Again please dont post things when you clearly have no experience. The idea with Eruufun is to not take hits (it has sub to sub seed things to death).

Eruufun is also THE best anti stat up poke in the game with mischievous heart encores and taunts good lord. I cant believe you just called it useless. ?_? Also he HAS a SR lead. :/

Not to be mean but jeez dont post utter trash, honestly i take a 16 day vacation and pop on pc to post at the first chance i get and see this ? x_x

But yes Kerudio is much better with a special set. Its physical set is outclassed by anything really, its too weak to do anything and is walled by so much its unreal.

Gliscor is an actual lucario counter and also gets SR, Scarfzone is an option to revenge kill SD Luke too if you want that. But you have Gigaiasu w/ SR so meh. Gliscor still works or Gyarados or Mence as Luke checks.

Rainbow-Sasuke said:
    Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake

Scarftar wants max speed and att w/ Jolly.

OP:

And wtf does HP Dark do on Magnezone ? Use Fire for Scizor, Forry and Nattorei or Ice for Dragons and Grounds. Magnet Rise over T-Wave imo or its ground type bait.

- Megahorn
    - Return
    - Pursuit
    - Reversal

Inferior Scizor. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015