• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Reign of Fire Version

Should D/P Pokemon be used in this hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
Years
  • Hey, I'm Gareth.

I'm new to the hacking scene, but am hoping to pull off a good hack to please all pokelovers out there. But before I can finish it, I need to start it (obviously), so I'm looking for some ideas and some help along the way from all who are willing.

Regards, Gareth (Druyii)

Right, down to business. My hack, (Reign of Fire Version) is going to be a hack of Pokemon Ruby/Fire Red, but it won't be Ruby/Fire Red, as I am hoping to make completely new maps, and story and everything.

My thought for the name of the region:-
    Pentra

Secondly, town names. I am not overly good at creating names as you may have guessed, so I really need a hand here.

!!!UPDATE!!!

Having said that, I am starting a list of all the area names as I go along. They are as follows (in order you come across them in game)
    [Name:description]:-
    Island (Un-named): Where the professor lives in solitude with his son/daughter to focus solely on his research.
    Newgale Village:The first village, where your journey truly begins. It is a small fishing community, and the only access to the profs island
    Route 1:The junction between Newgale and Oakridge
    Oakridge Town:A town of wood cutters and sculpters, all building are made of wood, perfect place for the first gym (Grass Type)
    Spirit Woods:Where the spirit of the ancient pokemon sare said to reside...
    Snowdrift City: After the woods behind Oakridge, you find Snowdrift City, where it always snows, it's like a winter wonderland.
    Route 2:The route from the other side of the mountain behind Snowdrift City, that leads to the rest of the region.

Thirdly, my storyline is a bit sketchy, as I have only really got an intro idea to work with.

My Story So Far...

You are on a ship, sailing from your latest adventures in a region (old one, not sure which though). During the voyage, the ship capsises. You wake up on a small beach, in the middle of nowhere, and when you look up, you see a dog standing above you (maybe a poochyena or something). You black out again, and when you wake up, you are in the profs lab (so that now the prof has a better reason for asking your name, other than plain forgetfullness). Your character ends up on an island, with only a small patch of grass to encounter wild pokemon and only the prof and his son/daughter in the lab (depending on your chosen gender) on the island. You get offered first, the element (grass, fire, water), then which starter (element chosen from all games in titanium mix form).

I havn't come up with the way off the island yet, probably a boat to the main land, which is there until you learn surf, but the firest place you come across is a small village called Newgale. This is a small fishing village, with no gym, but it has a pokecentre, and your rivals house,as well as a couple of other houses oned by fishermen and their families. The first time you visit, you meet the pokemart assisstant, who gives you a free potion. The catching tutor is there also, at the entrance to the first route. Your rival will be te same sex as the your character, depending on whom you chose. As you enter route 1, the profs son/daughter chases you to give you a new pokedex (which has some new tools on it (hopefully)).

After root one, at the north of the village, you come across Oakridge, the wooden town by the Spirit Woods that lead to the rest of the pokemon world. There is a pokecentre, pokemart and a gym there. It will be a small town, but not overly small, with lots of free items if you talk to everyone, and explore enough of the area. From there, the only two directions you can go is back to Newgale or forward to Snowdrift City beyond the woods.

The Spirit Woods is where you will first encounter a grunt from the 'evil group' (undecided as to which), and you will find mainly grass and poison types there. As you progress through the game, you will be able to access more areas of the woods. Over the time you play the game, more areas of the forest become scorched, due to an increase in fire, although no-one knows why. The north end of the woods is covered in snow, and you will only find grass/snow pokemon there. At the north of Spirit Woods, you come to Snowdrift City.

Snowdrift City is a picturesque city that is always covered in layers of snow. It looks like a winter wonderland, but you soon learn that it was not always that way. Note that long before, something had changed, and since then, everything started to change. Pokemon started to mutate, and became new hybrids of themselves (see starters for a start). Weather patterns changed all over the region and rumors of a new power is being heard around the town. Due to the change in temperature, the once sunny city is now permanently covered thick heavy snow.

That's as far as I've got, so any ideas/help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Druyii

!!!UPDATE!!!

Any Questions?

Will All Pokemon Be In The Game?
    If possible yes. Therefore, you can complete the pokedex in game.

!!!UPDATE!!!

Sprites are coming soon...

!!!UPDATE!!!

MIDIs:-

https://www.midiweb.net/New%5CAt%20Road's%20End.mid (At Road's End)
    https://www.midiweb.net/New\Starting Out.mid (Starting Out)

!!!UPDATE!!!

Maps:-

Coming soon as screenies are currently unavailable...

Rival Teams:-

Bad

Definates:-

Team Magma
    Team Rocket
    (there will be a new team here also)

Good

Definates:-

Team Aqua
    (there will be a new team here also)
    Teaser Team Cards:-

Pokemon Reign of Fire VersionPokemon Reign of Fire Version
    Pokemon Reign of Fire VersionPokemon Reign of Fire Version

!!!UPDATE!!!

Banners:-

!!!UPDATE!!!

Team Members:-

Owner:-

Druyii

Lead Scripter:-
    Vrai

Scripters:-
    Lostt
    machomuu

Lead Mapper:-
    Aljam

Mappers:-
    eljefe20
    ghettowizard223344
    austin_pika (under discussion)

Lead Graphic Designer:-
    (empty)

Graphic Designers:-
    thorn96

Lead Spriter:-
    Froslass_Maniac

Spriters:-

chanchimi
    Pikataro

Ideas:-
    Teddiursa

Music Hackers:-
    (empty)

Midi Composers:-
    Druyii

Beta Testers:-
    (empty) Not that we have a Beta now, nor have we decided on having a Beta now, but if we do, we will need Beta testers ;)

The team has grown nicely, but there are still some key posts that need to be filled.

Druyii

Last edited:

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Wow, a good start then, any chance of some proof of work? Thanks. Could you PM me any ideas you have for now? Thanks man,

Druyii

Anyone do those support banner things either? I wouldn't mind some help making those either. Thanks.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Wow, a good start then, any chance of some proof of work? Thanks. Could you PM me any ideas you have for now? Thanks man,

Druyii

Anyone do those support banner things either? I wouldn't mind some help making those either. Thanks.

You usually don't tell your proof of work unless you want to
    and you don't have to tell us it's a hack of emerald but not emerald, we already know.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    You usually don't tell your proof of work unless you want to
    You don't usually get to join a team unless you tell your proof of work

Right, down to business. My hack, (Reign of Fire Version) is going to be a hackof Pokemon Emerald, but it won't be Emerald, as I am hoping to make completely new maps, and story and everything.

My first propblem is that I need a name for my region. Although it is an emerald hack, I want a new region. Any name ideas would be a great help.

Secondly, town names. I am not overly good at creating names as you may have guessed, so I really need a hand here.

Thirdly, my storyline is a bit sketchy, as I have only really got an intro idea to work with.

So you're new to the hacking scene, huh? Can I give a word of advice?

Don't hack Emerald.

It's quite unstable compared to others, like FireRed and Ruby. Also, those two have many more tools made for them; it just makes more sense.

As for names for your region and such, I find that it's quite easy to find a theme of sorts. (i.e. R/B/Y town names were all colors) I guess you could throw around a bunch of letters for a region and pick whatever sounds right.

I've got nothing on a storyline, though ('cause my brain's dead after pulling an all-nighter) :)

If you ever need help with something (especially scripting, because that's what I'm good at) don't be afraid to PM or message me.

Oh, and good luck.

Last edited:

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Thanks Vrai, I think I have a ruby rom, so I could easily change. Thanks for the advice. I'll need a scripter I guess, so if you could give a hand, that would be great. Thanks again,

Druyii

seriously, does anyone know how to do the banners?

Last edited:

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • thanks mate. I'm hoping to find someone who has the first clue on how to make the support banners like the shining gold and liquid crystal ones

Right, an update to my hack plans. I am hoping to make a titanium fusion of the grass/fire/water type straters so that they are then fire/titanium, water/titanium, grass/titanium

Anyone want to have a go at making some sprites that would fit those descriptions?

Waht's your thoughts?

Druyii

Anyone good at making sprites because I need one to help me put together some vital ideas for the starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It's not actually that hard to sprite. Myself, I suck at it, but it's not too hard. :)

If you have a scanner, you can draw Pokèmon by hand, and then scan it into a computer. Follow this guide after you've got it in. Also, when you draw by hand, be sure to draw on pure white paper, as it's kinda hard to edit out the blue and red lines on notebook paper. (If you have Photoshop/Gimp/something similar, you can just add a new layer, draw the outline of your sprite, and then delete the original layer. Works like magic.)

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Oh, alright then. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks vrai

We've got new members to the workforce! Hopefully, there is a map on its way, courtesy of eljefe20. Banners are hopefully on there way, thanks to thorn96. I am trying my hand at spriting, but also have found a programcalled Google Sketchup, and so am trying to make some 3-D stuff on there as well. Thanks for all the help so far.

Also, added 4 sprites to the first post of the four fire staters. I am still working on creating the grass and fire ones.

Druyii

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • yo great charmander titanium sprite! also god storyline right now. i like it

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Thanks, oh, and welcome to the team. Looking forward to seeing some of your work soon ;)

I hope you enjoy your time with Reign of Fire

Druyii

Teddiursa™

Never Give up
    Years
  • k..

You'res is accualy the same as mine. Ask Vrai, I even made a idea thread,
    You just made a thread, I was drafting. If you want me to change it.. i will.
    But like, Dude, Bakc off.. i was here first.
    Anyways nice hack!

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Thankyou, I didn't mean offense. I'm sorry. Don't change your hack, it's a good idea. We can still make our hacks, I was just pointing out that fact, 'tis all. Well, the first post will be updated when I have more news, and anything that was updated in the last two days will have !!!UPDATE!!! before the paragraph. Check the first post for updates. Hopefully some screenshots should be here soon. The team is coming together quite nicely, but I need some key roles filled (see first post).

Thanks all for your support,

Druyii

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I actually like the sprites. On Cyndaquil and Chimchar, the belly color looks a bit odd (make it slightly darker). Darken Torchic's color a little bit too. Charmander looks fine.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • The sprites have been updated as you suggested vrai

I've put some new sprites up, including some teasers of what's to come. I've worked hard on those sprites, but any constructive criticism is welcome,

Druyii

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Aljam has some great maps which I like the look of very much. I look forward to adding them to the game ;) Also, we have a spriter (but only when he's free due to his own hack that he is working on) but hopefully we look forward to great sprites off Pounder_Zeikku

Secondly, I have made composed a piece for my GCSE music composition, which I am hoping to add to the game, and I will export it from sibelius as a midi file, and then post it for you too listen too and to give feedback on.

Thirdly *deep breath*, I am hoping to add all the team members in to the game if they so wish, as any of the characters, be it good or evil, important or just an information giver, the choice will be up to you ;)

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • Yeah, Vrai said the same thing. I'm working on them as we speak, and should therefore have it up very soon ;)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I like the "noob" tag, lolz.

I can't wait to hear that composition, too. ^^

Got more to say later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back