• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Inferno Red

Due to the request to have 2 regions (Kanto, Sevii and ???), which would you prefer?

• Johto (As it is connected to Kanto, plus see Johto 3 years prior to GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Hoenn (As the Kanto games take place at the same time as RSE/ORAS)

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
  • This looks like it will have a tremendous replay value if it's got 721 Pokémon. I'll be keeping a close eye on this gem. This'll hopefully provide me entertainment during down time in the upcoming fall semester.

Thread subscription added!

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    i think it will be a great game
    I hope so.

You've put in a lot of work and time into implementing all these new features, and I applaud you. I would also like to say that's the sickest title screen I've ever seen, too hype, too pure.

This is probably going to end up being the definitive Fire Red ROM hack, and I really hope this goes well.
    Yeah, I noticed even from just the Japanese logos that the English one could look way better if they actually tried and with 256 color titlescreens being a thing, it's possible to go further than vanilla FR.

So.. there hasn't been any Updates since the past 3 months with 6 days or so..
    Is officially dead? :( ...
    It's still on going. Just very slow progress, I tend to work midnight shifts. So, real life stuff unfortunately gets in the way. I may start on a new ROM and copy what I have. The current build isn't as stable as I like and I'm going to add Mega Evolutions, Primal and alt. forms in the new build. The current one, I literally made space for only 721 Pokémon, when the data for other forms would need more than 721 internally. I also have another hack in the works, but, it's not a pure Pokémon hack. It uses the Pokémon engine but is something else entirely.

Hey how many regions are there
    There is going to be 2 1/2. Kanto, Sevii (wouldn't count it as an entirely new region) and Hoenn.

¿Download link? :D
    Still no link available unfortunately.

This looks like it will have a tremendous replay value if it's got 721 Pokémon. I'll be keeping a close eye on this gem. This'll hopefully provide me entertainment during down time in the upcoming fall semester.

Thread subscription added!
    Yep! I'll have to spread the Pokémon over multiple regions, but should work out in the end.

Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Yep! I'll have to spread the Pokémon over multiple regions, but should work out in the end.

Well, you're talking about a lot of tedious work. I've made rom hacks before for my own private use -- Fire Red 386 hacks with beefed up difficulty. One of the more time consuming tasks was just fitting 386 Pokemon into Kanto.

Kanto & Hoenn together have 63 routes (Kanto 28 and Hoenn 35). 721/63 = ~12 because you'll have to round up in this case. That's 12 new Pokemon per route. Even if you removed all the legendaries and assigned their encounters to events instead of routes, you'd still be looking at at least 10 Pokemon per route. That's not easy work. I will definitely play it if you can manage to work it all out though! Best of luck, my friend!

Cheers!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Does this hack have all mega evolutions
    It will aa current as Omega/Alpha. Although if progress takes me until the next batch for whatever the next game is, those maybe in too.

Years
    • Seen today
    721 pokemons..

Doesn't matter if it has Mega or not, I'll be grateful enough if you can pull that off :)

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Is this hack still in development? Or is it done? Really want to play this.
    Very slow progress, the power source on my laptop died (again). So, I need to eventually get access to the most current build and copy what I have onto a new ROM (without the glitches) so I can continue progress.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Redesigned the title screen and got rid of the 'version' the 3D Charizard seemed fine at first. But, this titlescreen is going to match my plans for this new build of IR.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    New titlescreen is on the 1st post (with my new username), I think I'm going to just reboot it without references to an old ROM. So progress can start again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    This is exactly the type of ROM I am looking for to do the Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge with. Hope to see a result soon, I like everything you're putting into this as far as i've read.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back