• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Instant Text Display

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Is there a way to enable this? I want to make and option where you can choose Slow, Medium, Fast, and then Instant text speeds. Can anyone tell me where I'd need to do this in the script editor and how?

I thank ye' kindly,
    Pia Carrot

EDIT: Also, I'm using the October version of essentials (I think, the one right before the December release)

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Is there a way to enable this? I want to make and option where you can choose Slow, Medium, Fast, and then Instant text speeds. Can anyone tell me where I'd need to do this in the script editor and how?

I thank ye' kindly,
    Pia Carrot

EDIT: Also, I'm using the October version of essentials (I think, the one right before the December release)

I haven't tested this yet, but I'm pretty sure you can do it setting all instances of "msgwindow.letterbyletter=true" in the scripts to "msgwindow.letterbyletter=false". Though if you mean adding an actual option to the Options menu, then it might take some more elaboration (sorry if I can't be of much more help >.< ).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Have you tried to put in the part on "Slow, Medium, Fast" a fourth field?
    Anyway search "def pbSettingToTextSpeed" and change the "-2" for a lower value. I find some poccil notes to change to -999, but haven't tried.

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2012
    Have you tried to put in the part on "Slow, Medium, Fast" a fourth field?
    Anyway search "def pbSettingToTextSpeed" and change the "-2" for a lower value. I find some poccil notes to change to -999, but haven't tried.

You can change it to -999 but to be frank, with -20 or -30 is enough for message to show up instantly. -50 if you want to be sure.

Anyway, back to OP's post, adding a 4th option couldn't be easier, but, you have to consider that there isn't really a lot of space in options menu for an "instant" text. I think you can add it just by adding bolded text in the PokemonOptions script. You can find the lines just by using CTRL+F to search one of the words.

def pbSettingToTextSpeed(speed)
    return 3 if speed==0
    return 2 if speed==1
    return 1 if speed==2
    return -2 if speed==3
    return -100 if speed==4
    return MessageConfig::TextSpeed if MessageConfig::TextSpeed
    return ((Graphics.frame_rate>40) ? -2 : 1)
    end

EnumOption.new(_INTL("Text Speed"),[_INTL("Slow"),_INTL("Mid"),_INTL("Fast"),_INTL("Instant")],

Of course if you want to use a diferent word you can change "instant" and Instant" from the last line I've quoted to a different word.

Last edited:
    Back