• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] (A-map) Background bytes randomly changing

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
I have a problem with Advance map. (1.92). (Ruby)

So, whenever I make a new block in the blockset, the background bytes of all blocks that have a different behavior byte, (like: 61, 25, 02, 03, etc.) gets a background byte of 30 and behavior byte returns to 00. It's very annoying, since I constantly test the map. If I change all of the blocks back the way they were, they will stay that way until I add a new one.

Just a minor annoyance, nothing big. (I am using tileset 4 and 6, I changed them both).

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
That sounds like a bug in the program vs. something you're actually doing wrong.

I am 99,9% sure I am not doing anything wrong. It only seems to affect blocks in the first set with the other behavior bytes, not blockset 2.

Back