• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Started Omega Ruby with a speed boost Torchic, team suggestions?

Years
  • Dear PC,

So I decided to start a fresh OR playthrough and I imported a Speed Boost Torchic as my starter. Im looking for team suggestion to go through everything including the battle maison?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Battle Maison is a whole other beast compared to the main story. It's easier to craft a team for the Maison after you've beaten the main story, when you have everything available to you for EV training/breeding/move tutors/DexNav/items/etc.

As far as in-game goes, you'll need a Water type--it's Hoenn, it has a lot of water, and a Water type is good to have vs Team Magma. There's a bunch to choose from, but some decent early game ones would be like Wingull or Azurill or Magikarp (y'know, for Gyarados). You can fish up a Carvanha or a Tentacool around the time you need Surf to continue on. If you're willing to wait late into the game, there is Spheal as well.

Speed Boost (Mega) Blaziken is a good 'mon tho and you can use it in the Maison when you get to that. Fire/Fighting is a good offensive STAB combination, and together with Speed Boost makes for a potent sweeper. You'll kind of want to aim for a set like this when you're finally gearing up for the Maison:

Blaziken @Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost (retains this upon mega evolution)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Nature: Adamant
    -Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    -High Jump Kick/Low Kick
    -Protect
    -Stone Edge

There are some Pokemon that Blaziken will have difficutly handling (or is outright checked/countered by), which off the top of my head is like Landorus-Therian, Azumarill, Salamence, Lati@s, and Talonflame. The Maison will throw these at you eventually, so you need to be prepared for them. Fortunately a bulky Water type with an Ice coverage move handles all of these fairly well bar Azumarill.

I definitely recommend getting a Deerling on Route 117 when you reach that part of the game
    Or I can trade ya one in about 8 hours
    Just a note on this bit, while you will get to route 117 early-ish in the game, Deerling is only available via the DexNav, and even then only until after you have dealt with the box legendary.

Years
  • Good idea. I am definitely going to train a spheal (one of my favorite) so yeah. So I guess I should team build at the end of delta episode for the maison? Also how different is Maison To the battle tower/frontier?

Back