• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shimmer Gold and Rising Silver

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
Years
  • We decided to pause Topaz a bit to expand our experience by starting a remake.
    I present you Shimmer Gold and Rising Silver. They are 2 games which have a entire diferent story section, available Pokemon and some extra stuff.

Story:
    The standard story of Pokemon Gold and Silver with a tiny bigger focus on Ho-oh and Lugia.
    Most of the story parts, and locations will be preserved. And extra post elite 4 content will be added relating to the other 3 regions. Also sidequests will give extra hours of playing. But the base is same: off to MR.POKEMON :)
    New Features: Pokemon Adoption, Moral System, TV System, 3d cut scenes

Pokemon: the standard Johto mix with the ability to find some 3 and 4 gen later, new Legendary Events, like CELEBI, or MEW ( after elite 4)

Locations: The standard ones, with new visuals and some new ones like PokePark, Tower of Hope.
    Celebrities: Expect trainers like Red, Cynthia, Dawn to show up

Q and A: Is this a hack? No
    Q and A: Why now? Heart Gold and Soul Silver are almost here? No particular reason it just came.
    Q and A: Can I help? Sure
    Q and A: Demo? Alpha version will be avialble soon.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Yey...another game! Anyways...the maps could use some work (like I said earlier), and if you are making a remake of the Johto region I already mapped some places and would be more than glad to give them to you (if you want it). It's a great choice of tiles you have selected for this game and I'm really looking forward to this. And who cares if HG SS is comming out, if this game looks good people will play, the only problem is competition since many people are doing those remakes.

Last edited:

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • Um....this is in the story development section, and it seems like you're just taking the story from G/S (Because it is a modified remake). So, unless you have some new ideas for the story, what is it you wish to discuss?

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Someone moved the thread to Story development, it was in the Games development normal section, I asked a moderator to fix it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I already explained you @World in a VM, but I'll say it here publicly.
    I moved the thread because this section is pretty much like a limbo section for threads that have some development but either the game or thread is not ready for the showcase section yet.

Just a heads up to anyone who reads this too.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Ok, It's cool, the section was getting cluttered. Hope the others will get it, thanks for explaining Neo.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Could you tell us more about the features of the game? What it will include and stuff like that. I'd really like to see some more information on this and it might get more people interested in it.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Sure, thanks to the starter kit and some modifications there will be more possibility to interact, for an example if you are rude to a NPC that NPC won't help you until you show you are sorry, or if you defeat an important character kids will admire you etc, so dialog choices will have an impact on the game. Thanx to the kit we will insert cutscenes that have been rendered in full 3d in 3D studio max and recorded when a key event such as when the legendary beasts appear for the first time or Ho-oh/Lugia bonus story-line (Dialga /Palkia styled) key event. A small underground is also available and a part of Sinnoh for some gen 4 pokemon. The post story-line will also feat some famous trainers like Red or May. Also Mystery gift is there and some mystery gifts will unlock new areas. That's all we can offer now but we will keep on coding and will notify you about the progress, we will post new screenshots of some of this tomorrow or on Tuesday.
    Cheers

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • WoW. The idea with inserting 3D movies is pretty nifty. I can't believe other people didn't come up with that idea. I'm looking forward to something like that.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Ok another update, I ve been on a vacation, no internet, :S, so ...
    Anyway just wanted to present you some screenies, also to tell that the work on the 3D scenes has finaly begun yay, also I think I'll use Maya instead of 3D studio Max, better camera and modeling options.
    I know there are remakes, fan and official ones, but this one is special, you'll see.
    PS: Some asked if there is website for the game, and the answer is NO!!! Check for infos here...also THIS IS NOT A HACK...

Oh and I forgot to give credit for the tileset last time to WesleyFG and Destined...

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Well, it seems that you're putting 3D moves into a game whose graphics otherwise appear to be in 2D. Are they temporary, or do you not have any 3D-looking tilesets/character sets? I'm good at making DP-Style buildings, and not the kyledove GBA style. I mean serious 3D no lines buildings. And making them tileable. And, i saw an image of Route 31: is the road tile not supposed to blend in with the surroundings, or are you still working on that? Otherwise, it looks interesting.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Actually just the cutscenes are in full 3D, the moves will be the D/P/Pt style moves. But if i get some custom move graphic that I like, why not...
    Cool, I'd love to add a 3D look for the buildings, I'll PM you OK?
    And if anyone or you think they can help then ask away, I'll accept anyones help or suggestions, or if you would like to join the team, we have plenty of spots open (graphics, sprites, mappers, dialog writers, maya modelers,coders...).
    So keep reading and suggest us how to make it better, with your help of course...
    And screenshots of the fixed road are attached...

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Wow, looking much better. I'm looking forward to this being a great game! So basically you're revamping the original maps, not adding anything new? It kind of preserves the GSC look. If you notice in HGSS, they have ledges on even route 31, kind of taking away from the thin forest road appearance presented in GSC. Oh. About the buildings. I can make roofs at practically any angle/perspective, just pm me your ideas (like drawn or pixellated or something) and i'll try and 3D-ize them.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Progress

Ok time for an update:
    I'm currently editing the graphics like the one for Pokedex, summary screen etc, working on mapping of course, and trying to add some visual flavor (you'll see what I mean)
    Thanx for thumbs up, I'm really working hard on this, yes I want to preserve the GSC look but will add some stuff for the "enhanced" story like new buildings, or even locations. Also expect parts of other regions to be available like Sinnoh, with it's own tileset. I try to ignore every HS/GS change that I don't like, so.....
    Ok also 2 new screenshots, just to make it worth for you to read
    PS: the Cubone in the 2nd is rather special (try to guess) to a side-quest ;p

j-unit

Smexy Tyfloshion
    Years
  • Wow...Impressive...
    I can help you when it comes to Pokemon Spriting, I could show you some if you want a couple
    I re-coloured a couple like Magmar, Skamory, Alakazam to the D/P status's
    If you want them PM me, :P kinda new here

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Ooo, flashy

Hmmm, I am currently using Platinum sprites so.......But if you have experience with overworld sprites or trainer sprites editing, you are more than welcome to my team, as everyone is.
    Ok an explanation of the new screenies, it's dark cause I wanted to show how nice it all looks at night (and cause I played the game round 23:00), I also want to show you the new summary screen and fixed battle boxes. Enjoy

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • That's cool. I really like the summary screen, the colors are awsome. The battle boxes also look good, but I would ditch the Pokeball image on them.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I just want to mention that in the last screenshot in your last post (two above mine), the shadow is just wrong. Remember that the camera is looking down on the Pokéworld at an angle, and that lamp posts are normally vertical. You want the light source to be at the base of the lamp post, not on the shiny bit at the top.

I don't think many people realise this, even though it's rather obvious when you think about it.

Back