• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    So i am new to this game.

Which pokemon would you suggest i get early to train?

I heard there is a rare physic raltas or something?

Also the dark type dog?

Who else

Btw i started with torchic so no fire :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, Ralts is something you can get early in the game, it's found in the grass to the right of Petalburg. It is rare though, so you'll probably spend a while looking for it.

The "dark type dog" is Poochyena, and it's one of the first Pokemon you can encounter.

Wingull/Pelipper is not a bad choice either, as it can be obtained before the first gym and provides you with both Surf and Fly in one Pokemon.

Which one are you playing btw, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Alpha

So thinking

Torchic
    Taillow? For fly is i love birds..
    Poochyena
    Ralts
    Shroomish
    Electric/Water Type????

I kinda pefer to get my team before 3rd gym and then use them all the way through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're playing Alpha Sapphire and using Torchic, then you definitely want a Grass type, since your rival will be using Mudkip, not to mention Team Aqua's Water types. I don't really remember if there's much else besides Shroomish for early Grass types, but it should be suitable if you don't find another Grass 'mon you like.

One thing to maybe consider would be some Rock type, like maybe Aron or Geodude. Rock has issues against some of the game's types, but will prove useful against some of the others, like the 4th, 5th, and 6th gyms.

You're also going to need something to Dive with and go up Waterfalls with.....most Water types can do that for you iirc.

Years
  • If you're playing Alpha Sapphire and using Torchic, then you definitely want a Grass type, since your rival will be using Mudkip, not to mention Team Aqua's Water types. I don't really remember if there's much else besides Shroomish for early Grass types, but it should be suitable if you don't find another Grass 'mon you like.

AS also has Lotad available early, and its dual Water/Grass typing can do well against Roxanne, the rival's Mudkip and Team Aqua's Carvanha line. Also, its weaknesses are uncommon stuff like Poison and Bug, so it'll make Ludicolo a very worthy team member.

Reactions: Nah
    Back