• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Not to argue, but -

Taking from Nintendo technically is stealing from another spriter as well. After all, some sort of spriter or artist had to make the sprites for Nintendo, right? :P

It's someone's hard work, anyways. Those sprites just don't appear out of thin air. Though, yeah, maybe they don't care too much about usage, or, like Sapphire_Dragon said, they would've put up some policy regarding them. Sorta like with fan art and whatever, I guess - they know it's there, they know what's happening, but don't do anything about it (unless monetary gain or potential reputation damage is involved).

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    Um..........................................

Would you like to have a peice of art, to be hanged in a museum, only to be recolored blue instead of red? Seriously... they don't care. But if the artist says to not edit, DON'T edit. it's proper etiquette not to mix sprites that are custom-made, and that are not free-resource

Kthxpai

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • Well tehnically if they are on the web,they are free for everybody to use... And I think that you can edit the icons at pokesho... Anyway I am not and I won't edit somebody elses sprites... cuz it is just wrong...

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    sparts just credit them and end AHD's rant...his last post was right but the rest in this lil scinario(sp)...

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Okay, let's calm it down ;) I think that this person should be credited for the sprites if they made them (there's no need to credit Nintendo, but there is if they were made by a certain individual). All you need to put is that the original sprites were by them, otherwise it comes across that you drew them from scratch when you didn't. :) There's no harm in giving credit. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Spartan, stop telling people to shut up already, that's a warning. I went ahead and deleted the flaming post from everyone, and to get to the point, Pokemon is a creation of Nintendo, so altering or making anything in it's likeness technically is the same as ripping.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    0-0;;;

Spartan, you're a known flamer. Please you two...just stop. Just report his post if you don't like it >>;

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Spartan06 said:
    i only told him to shut up once

You shouldn't tell anyone to shut up at all - one of PC's rules is to respect all members, and using phrases like that is only insulting others. pokejungle is right - reporting is a much better idea than to retaliate and feed the flames.

Let's just stop this argument and get back to the topic. ;)

Spartan06

i ain't heard of that
    Years
  • well, i didnt even do anything to this guy and he accuses me of stealing then everyone takes his side, how fair is that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    **end of topic. Take it up with teh mods now. Otherwise I'll report your posts**

So...what sprites are the easiest to work with? Opinions of course ^^ I'm thinking about trying out fusions =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I actually prefer FE sprites for humans ^^ Maybe that's just because I absolutely <3 the games though XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    FE rocks for human's but you cant really put any emotion on to them(cept mugs)...megaman however
    AHD:megman isnt excactly 1 style,it's broken down into sub styules eg. MMZ, MMX and MMBN

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think Nintendo's spriters did an exemplary job on FE. They're really nice for anything IMO.

Sometime I'll try out MM's ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back